NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New project 1965 mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
Author
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2016 at 4:58pm
If they're really big, maybe the shift and throttle cables?
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2016 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Bilkolayne Bilkolayne wrote:

Can someone tell me what the two big wires on the right side of the transmission are for?

Out of the "S" side of ignition switch to neutral safety switch, out of NSS to "S" side of solenoid.    It won't let you energize the solenoid till that switch is made., like HW said

Put your VOM on both wires and shift the tranny from F/N/R to check switch.
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Bilkolayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2016 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

Can someone tell me what the two big wires on the right side of the transmission are for?

Out of the "S" side of ignition switch to neutral safety switch, out of NSS to "S" side of solenoid.    It won't let you energize the solenoid till that switch is made., like HW said

Put your VOM on both wires and shift the tranny from F/N/R to check switch.

Yea I got that I just was not shore...... I got a ton of wireing done today. I forgot to run the tach wire tho so I got to grab more wire and finish all the gauges..... I got the ingnition and starter all wired up and to the dash. I need to make a bracket to hold my electronic ingnition box and pickup a different set of plug wires due to the distributor cap difference .... my spredbore adaptor came inn today and my fuel gauge. I'm not so happy with the fuel gauge because it dose not match and I'm kinda a stickler when it comes to stuff like that. I also got the ski pole out today so I can clean that up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2016 at 11:21pm
Got my ski pole all cleaned up looks like new now and got the power wires for all the gauges put together just need to install them tomorrow.... hope to finish most of the wireing tomorrow. We will see. I also am going to pickup some fuel line and try to mabe fire it up for a few seconds see what happens.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2016 at 11:26pm
Also next weekend I'm going to do the boat interior I don't like carpet because it holds moisture so I am going to bild new floor and then coat it all with resin then I'm going to wind up doing the insides with the plastic bubble like stuff thay sell at Lowes in 4x8 sheets that's my plan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2016 at 2:45pm
Well I could not be more happy I put new fuel lines on, installed the new carb with the adaptor then turned the key, primed the fuel and she cranked right up only ran it for a few seconds because I still got to install all new hoses. But it cranked right up. I'm so happy right now...... now I got to pull it all back apart and repaint the block and stuff.
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2016 at 9:39pm
Good to hear!
1972 Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2016 at 9:27am
It rained all Sunday then I had work yesterday so I did not get much done but I did fix the steering wheel.... it was wood grain wheel so I cleaned up all the burnt parts then a quick coat of spay paint then did fancy line work all the way around it will post pics in a bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2016 at 6:11pm

Got the glove box inn today and it looking like a boat
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2016 at 9:32pm
Hi Just be careful with the white bubble stuff from Lowes on the floor. That stuff can be slick when wet. Boat sounds like it coming along great, know you will be happy when you can run it in the water.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2016 at 2:12pm
I prep and painted the engine yesterday so I'm going to put it all back together today and go get hoses and stuff this afternoon. I'll post pics when I get it all back together.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2016 at 6:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2016 at 10:51am
I got all but one hoses on last night but I bought the rong size belts.... I could see the is being a hassle to find the right belts
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2016 at 11:05am
Belts are sized by their outside length (circumference). Pull a tape measure around the sheaves.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2016 at 11:09am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Belts are sized by their outside length (circumference). Pull a tape measure around the sheaves.

I was not sure thanks for the info that helps greatly I want to run it on water this afternoon for a bit so that really helps.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2016 at 11:37am

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I was not sure thanks for the info that helps greatly I want to run it on water this afternoon for a bit so that really helps.

Don't forget that they also have different widths, That will also affect the size required. I usually end up getting several and then take the wrong ones back. Then copy the size on the inside of the motor cover or somewhere where you can find it later in case you need another, or better yet carry a spare.   Good luck, you are coming along great.
        1978 Mustang (modified)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2016 at 4:37pm
Duane in Indy yea I was not shore of the width of it but I know I need to go one size down now from what I got...... I just took my measurements and headed to autozone in a min

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2016 at 6:33pm

Well the boat runs on its own..... still got to grab a timeing light and time it then make some carb adjustments. But all and all it runs and starts up fine. Sounds good too
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2016 at 6:47pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2016 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

LOL yea right it was in my hand the hole time I even tested it to make shore it worked that's the same one that was under the consol when i got it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2016 at 7:20pm
I'm hopefully going to do the interior this weekend we will see

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 3:50pm
I knew I had a little water in the oil so I'm flushing it out today with cheep stuff then gonna do a good oil change after. The water that is in there come from when thay put the fire out then left the engine cover off in the rain. When I first got it I pulled the plugs and water come out of 2 cylinder that the intake valves were open. So I know it come from the intake.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2016 at 9:25am
This carb I got is not working out for me dose anyone have a 500cfm carb laying round that thay want to sell?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2016 at 9:37am
Got a 600 Holley marine version

Nearly new (less than 10 hrs) $250 + shpg
        1978 Mustang (modified)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2016 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

Got a 600 Holley marine version

Nearly new (less than 10 hrs) $250 + shpg

Ready looking for a 500 I think 600 I'd to much for this little 283

Thanks tho I'll keep it in mind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2016 at 2:04pm
So it looks like I'm going to rebild the 1960 carb that come off the boat that was involved in the fire..... I took it apart last night and it looks like there is no way thay ever got that engine to run off of the fuel tank there is so much years of gunk in there and both fuel boles flots are stuck up so I'm assuming that thay where poreing gas down the carb trying to get it running....... so I ordered a rebild kit and that will be here tomorrow.... and I'll dip the carb tonight in Chem tool.... that stuff is the best.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 10:08am
What is taking so long?
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 11:20am
Hey, I've been reading your thread. Very impressed on your progress. I'm on Mousam lake in Shapleigh next to you. Let me know if you end up taking it out for a test run. I'm on Carpenters Cove, the top of Mousam. Here is a picture of my waterfront. I should still be going up for the next couple of weekends.

Welcome to CCF.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 1:48pm
Bakchose I will let you know if I take it for a spin... I'm right in sanford so that's not far.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2016 at 9:32am
So I rebuilt the original Rochester carburetor but it runs like total crap I had a really nice idle with the Quadrajet carb. I have a feeling that my issues are in the distributor. I have a new one comeing so I will install the new one and put the Quadrajet back on and see where I stand. Hopefully all of my issues are resolved. With the Quadrajet carburetor as soon as I give it gas it would fall on its face and wants to stall out but I think it's a spark issue and not a fuel issue because I can see the fuel dispersing in the carb. So we will see what happens when I install the new distributor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
  Share Topic