Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

it’s time to bring back the FN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
john33617 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john33617 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: it’s time to bring back the FN
    Posted: June-27-2006 at 10:56am
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7282
hotfish172 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotfish172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 11:56am
Does the factory still have the molds? Last year of production was '89 I think. Do you know how many FN's were made? They seem kinda rare although there are many here in Florida.
MarkNConnie
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 12:51pm
Bring back the cuddy also That MC is kinda cool.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 2:44pm
That's too nice for fishing...too many cushions. The Fish Nautique is more of a fishing boat!! Agree, bring the FN and CN back.
GrandSlam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandSlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 4:24pm
Hi guys, I couldn’t agree more, just go for one ride in a Slamrock or an old 23' Mako inboard and you see why I bought a ‘Fish’. Their design was way ahead of its time. Although I have only had a 'Fish' for 3 months I have grown to respect and appreciate its design. In fact, a close friend after riding in my ‘Fish’ several times, just came home this weekend with his own ‘Fish’. While the MC looks interesting, personally I prefer the traditional looks of the ‘Fish’. Have a great and hopefully short week, Jerry
Jerry Troy

USCG Master, 100GT

1989 23' Fish Nautique

1992 47' Jersey SF
great78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 6:00pm
If I were to buy an additional boat to complete "the fleet" it would be a center console like the FN. I like many of you are sold on the CC brand but a FN is hard to find out west. Dont see why CC couldn't compete as wellas anyone in that market. You got my vote!
hotfish172 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotfish172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 1:16am
I have been on "Slamrocks", "Irvettes" and inboard Makos. They really suck when you compare them to a Fish Nautique. I bought my first FN when I got out of law school and moved to West Palm Beach in '83. Had to sell it when I moved back home to Northwest Florida. Three years ago a bought another one. Still have a big boat... 1967 37 ft. Rybovich. BUT... I love my FN too. As you guys have seen, it's in the beauty parlor. New paint, engine, chrome, fuel tank, wires, teak, etc. I'll post photos soon.
BTW... If any of you guys have ever heard of Rybovich, you might just see why I would like a FN!!!
MarkNConnie
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 8:20am
The hull of that MC looks just like the biggest X-star, the X-80. We call it the batmoboat because of the funky thing in the front.
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 8:29am
And to think I used to love MC's. I just can't get used to that pickle fork look on anything they make, just doesn't look like a ski boat anymore.

One good thing about that CSX though is the Bike rack, you don't know how many times I've forgetten to bring my bike fishing.... what next? Another baby boomer yuppie mobile. I must be too simple to understand it all.

That's all my sarcasism for the day, next post will be full of smiley faces.
GrandSlam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandSlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 9:05am
Mark, sure I have heard of Rybovich – they pioneered the modern SF – great riding, best looking SF boat ever built. You must be proud to own one. There are not many in the Maryland area though. Good luck with your ‘Fish’, I will be updating my ‘Fish’ as I use it, one job at a time, it will take longer but at least I am getting some use out of it during our short season. Alan, I agree with you on the MC; however, I must confess, a few years ago I did take my bikes (hung over the rocket launcher) to Cape May. I too enjoy the traditional looks. Have a great holiday weekend. Jerry
Jerry Troy

USCG Master, 100GT

1989 23' Fish Nautique

1992 47' Jersey SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 9:39am
I am very impressed with the ride of my cuddy. Had it out on Lake Erie for the first time last weekend in 1 to 3's with alot of cross chop. Ran out about 6 to 7 miles at 18 MPH with a great ride and solid feel. A little spray on the windshield. Just love the handling of this boat and the fact that I can slow it down to what ever speed I want. Could not do that with the 27' Sea Ray. With the I/O I had to run at idle or 22+ MPH, nothing in between. The FN & CN are great hulls combined with an excellent drive system, nobody makes anything like them currently.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 9:43am
Jerry,

Sorta havin fun at MC's expense, I'm sure that's the marketing genieus's at work. I must admit I drive a Pontiac Aztez which to some is as odd looking as those pickle fork boats. We load it up with camping gear, a luggage thing on the roof and 4 bikes hanging off the back. I guess we look a little yuppie at times too. Had a guy in a parking lot yell at me once" Move that ugly ass car you damn freak" Glad I can still laugh at myself sometimes.
john33617 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john33617 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 10:55am
I want the new FN to have lots of flare , a nice shearline , and only be sold with diesel power , something like this.               http://www.northrip.net/
GrandSlam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandSlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 11:41am
John, NR is a nice looking boat, but an out drive…I though they had something going until I saw that. I’ll stick with my ’89 Fish & dependable 351 straight inboard that I do not have to spend an ‘arm and leg’ for parts. Remember I already have 2 diesels in my Jersey and trust me they are not for all applications. I really do like that yellow hull on that North Rip. Jerry
Jerry Troy

USCG Master, 100GT

1989 23' Fish Nautique

1992 47' Jersey SF
john33617 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john33617 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 12:01pm
I don't like outdrives much myself , but a diesel jackshafted to a duoprop is the best way to push a boat that has ever been invented.                         http://www.topazboats.com/Site/24center/24center.html
john33617 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john33617 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 12:08pm
but I want the new FN to have a pocket.       http://www.albinmarine.com/ExpressTrawler/26CC%20folder/26CC116%20folder/26CCStern6519L.jpg
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 1:01pm
what is that John33617? & what is that pocket for?
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 1:07pm
I agree with Jerry, give me a direct drive over any other drive systems. Too many parts on an outdrive. Inline is simple, dependable and less expensive to maintain.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 1:09pm
maybe you haven't noticed they have only made ski and wakeboard boats only for some 15+ years now.

Keep dreaming

outside of the coast line, center console boats are not very popular.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 1:23pm
I suspect they could have sold more if not for the gaudy graphics, thats not really fishpeople style.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
GrandSlam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandSlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 1:41pm
BC, you’re right about that, CC stopped the FN because most of their dealers were inland where the cc is not very popular. I under their business strategy, but for those of us that are located near the coast, the FN is a great alternative, since most cc are outboard powered. A very good friend of mine was a CC dealer for 10 years in Severna Park and because of location sold quite a few FN and was quite disappointed when the FN was discontinued in ’90. Buy the why, you may recall that many boat builders either went out of business or downsized their product lines due to the boating recession that had taken place in the late 80’s early 90’s. I do not know why CC rationalized the FN. Jerry
Jerry Troy

USCG Master, 100GT

1989 23' Fish Nautique

1992 47' Jersey SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 1:54pm
I believe this thread was started because of MC testing the market with thier cc. They must have determined that there might be a market for this type of boat. Just hate to see CC get behind.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2006 at 2:05pm
according to the guy's on PN they all ready are.
john33617 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john33617 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2006 at 7:24am
http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=505756
GrandSlam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandSlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2006 at 9:12am
John, looks like you cannot make up your mind. Sure the FN @ 23' cannot compete with the Jersey Cape 31, but neither does the price. You need to compare apples to apples and not just post your dream list. The FN is extremely compet*tive with boats in its class, both new and used. My FN is not the boat that my 47’ Jersey is, and I do not expect it to be. Like BC said keep dreaming, CC is a ski boat company. Have a great holiday weekend, Jerry
Jerry Troy

USCG Master, 100GT

1989 23' Fish Nautique

1992 47' Jersey SF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic