NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1993 SN, tubing off rear tow location

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 11:00am
I.m seeing a Pete vs. JQ showdown here.

JQ behind the wheel, Pete on the tube, the rope hooked to the rear tow eye and anything goes from there.

Bets on the outcome would of course be allowed and encouraged.

All proceeds to the losers favorite charity since he might need it.

Boat judges would be needed to settle any disputes over time on the tube etc.

Maybe a collection to fly JQ to the Eagle River reunion and this could be happening soon.

A historical event or maybe a hysterical event anyways

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

Go Team Red!

That is one of my favorite color schemes.

I would recommend that you NOT pull from the ski pylon. Use the rear transom tow point (not the grab handle).

JQ

JQ,
Fill me in on your logic or are you saying this in jest?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 10:23am
Go Team Red!

That is one of my favorite color schemes.

I would recommend that you NOT pull from the ski pylon. Use the rear transom tow point (not the grab handle).

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 9:09am
Thanks Gary

Most of the decals on my 93 were removed at some point, likely to compound the boat before I bought it.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 9:05am
Jim,
I'm sure glad you tube on the other side of the dam!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 9:00am
Thanks Jonny

This is a group of kids who do not know how to ski, and want a day on the water. My wife will operate my pontoon as a support boat with the mom, friends and siblings of the birthday boy. I have an experienced adult with as a spotter. Since my SN is a bone stock 93, we will pull from the pylon with just spotter and I in the boat. It is a week day, so less vacation traffic on the chain. I plan to use a bay on Otter lake and play. I hear you on not destroying water for other skiers
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 1:29am
Originally posted by jsenicka jsenicka wrote:

I got one boat, and a 16yo birthday boy and his friends that want to tube (wife's best friends kid). So I figure out how to do it best.

Don't let the anti-tubers get you down. I "get it". I have 6 children and there have been many times when the water was too rough to ski / board and the kiddos wanted to play. The tube has provided many good memories. Also, I've worked with various youth organizations and group tubing excursions can provide good entertainment. In my boat, there is the "Jonny Quest Challenge". This challenge is that if you can stay on the tube for 30 seconds, I buy you all the food you can eat at the restaurant of your choice. I've never yet had to pay out. I've only had a handful of re-riders. I'm hopeful that with therapy and medication, they will make a full recovery...

Some tubing tips:
- No tubing while someone is skiing / boarding near by
- Be very considerate of others -- as your tubing activities can destroy the water and annoy others with your boat wakes
- Be hyper vigilant when operating the towboat
- Try to limit your tubing to choppy water time

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 12:50am
Don't be giving him a hard time guy's,see where he's from? Pete might be mentoring them. He can't stay on top forever

Maybe Jim your decal is missing or never had one. Company lawyers could have got it put on later boats too. Whatever you end up using it for keep an eye on it,the rope turning action on it seems to loosen them. Between my Dads and Father in law's massive tool collection it took me awhile to find an allen wrench that big to fit.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 12:38am
I got one boat, and a 16yo birthday boy and his friends that want to tube (wife's best friends kid). So I figure out how to do it best.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 12:33am
Nice tube puller
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 12:21am
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 12:16am
Thanks. Mine does not have the decal at all
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 12:09am
What does the decal by the spool say

[/IMG]
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 12:06am
you said tubing...   I hope you have thick skin, that could be a brutal mistake around here.    I don't think i would use the thimble on the transom for anything but a tie down spot. I believe that the Thimble is bolted through the fiberglass with a 3/8's bolt and a nut on the back side.
use the pylon and you wont' be worried about cracks or tearing the thimble out.

jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2017 at 11:58pm
Am I ok pulling a few kids on a tube off the rear tow location on my 93 SN? Or do I risk cracking fiberglass?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic