Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust manifold gasket replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Zigzag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zigzag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust manifold gasket replacement
    Posted: July-17-2006 at 11:26am
1976 Ski Tique, 302 Pleasure Craft Marine.
Replacing exhaust gaskets. Should I have the manifolds resurfaced? Replace the gasket between the header & riser? Also does anybody know the torque & sequence of bolts?

Thanks Tim
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2006 at 3:04pm
i wouldnt have them resurfaced unless they leaked after the new gaskets. cant remember the the torque specs or sequence. i think on mine i torqued them up to spec starting on the outside bolts on the middle ports and then worked in from the outside. imo if you just take them up to spec with minor increases instead all at once you'll be ok. get the manual from the refernce section for torque specs.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2006 at 5:11pm
I start in the center and work my way out. I torque 12 to 15 ft. pounds. Gasket, paper side to the head and metal side to the manifold.
Tim D
Zigzag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zigzag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2006 at 11:22pm
Thanks for the info guys. After taking off the manifold I found a small hole adjacent to the flange. The material is very thin there. I guess I will try to get it fixed. Otherwise it will be a new one.
                         Tim
john33617 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john33617 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2006 at 3:44pm
do not try and repair a manifold or riser only replace with new , here's the best deal , price includes shipping , $70.        http://www.ebasicpower.com/exhaust/pcmex.php
trikeaholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2006 at 7:52am
mine has barr manifolds and they DO NOT FIT under the doghouse. be careful.
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic