NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fish nautique prop rotation

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2018 at 9:50pm
Thought I'd ask what might be a silly question................. or maybe not so silly

A 351 with a Borg Warner from a Ski Nautique is most likely a reverse rotation engine unless it was a swap by a previous owner or something.

By the time SN's used LH engines they had Pleasurecraft transmissions behind them and SN's have always turned a RH prop regardless of engine rotation.(thru the use of different transmissions)

Are you rebuilding a reverse rotation engine to be a normal rotation engine or have you verified it's normal automotive rotation?

If you're rebuilding and changing rotation you could run into rear main seal issues among other things

Looking at your old posts it's hard to tell what you might have, so I thought I'd ask and maybe save you some issues and hopefully not confuse you
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2018 at 5:00pm
If you are going left rotation then yes you will need a new left hand propeller. And no the borg is not full reversing, so also you will need to turn or index the front pump on the transmission to turn to the standard left rotation if it was set up to turn right rotation.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
turboapache View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turboapache Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2018 at 4:45pm
I have a fish nautique that I bought without eng and trans. I bought a 351w eng and borg warner velvet drive 1 to 1 trans out of a ski nautique. I am in the process of rebuilding the eng. the eng rotation is standard rotation the same as in a car. the prop on the boat is right hand rotation. Do I have to change the prop to make this work or does the trans convert the rotation.? Thanks to all who can help. I am 72 now and dont know if I am going to be able to complete this project or use the boat when back together. I may have to let it go. so let me know if there is any interest. Thanks again
there is no substitution for cubic inches.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic