NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

just read this youll laugh

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:51am
Originally posted by CCxHYPERLITEx CCxHYPERLITEx wrote:

i was jokin bout the blower.

we knew that

but my nautique does have a 454.

Good for you. There are lots on them. Its really not that special.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:53am

ok guys im just gonna say it u will blow me out of the water on knowin more and thats why i joined these forums is to learn more form the people who know how to do it right.i am not second guessin any of you!

Actually you did and that (and the not so funny MC story) is what got people here rattled. Sounds like you're learning quickly how to get along here though so that's good. A little maturity goes a long way.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Speaking of coolers over thier capacity plates, my friend dan spent about 20 minutes the other day trying to get a configuration where he could fit 24 cans into the built in cooler on my 2001 and close the top. He found a few ways to fit 22 but so far nothing doing with 24, I think he was going to model it up in solid works and play with it.. he really wanted that full case.   

Tell me how this is a problem If it was me trying to fit a case of beer in the cooler, I would have been two short anyway because I would have downed at least two before I finished packing a loading up the boat. Never a problem for me
CCxHYPERLITEx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:00pm
i might have a chance to switch to a silver nautique. should i?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:02pm
Were they regular cans or the Coors Light/Keystone variety? Sometimes this makes a difference.

David F: I am the same way. The first beer out of the case gets cracked immediately. Maybe he was kicking off the day with a 40?
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:10pm
awesome thread

Quinner, what is happening man?

Sad day if trolls decide to hit up this forum, if he isn't a troll, the att*tude and maturity level needs some altering to fit in.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:10pm
They were not of the coors light persuasion.

We have a pretty firm policy of starting anyone that is going to be drinking with a can in a koozie in hand when we leave the dock (I usually have one extra as well in the cup holders on my dash) I just hate it when ten seconds off the dock the cooler ends up 1/3 empty. Getting a full case in the cooler is more of an OCD issue than anything else...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:15pm
?
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:15pm
Well according to CCxHYPERLITEx profile he is only fifteen years old! Just a young BUCK. As that would explain alot!! As for his spelling problems I think CCxHYPERLITEx may benefit from summer school.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:30pm
wow that was low keep the gloves up next time.but i guess i got what was comin
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:33pm
Easy JHolton...check your dictionary for "benifit" before we crucify Will too badly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:38pm
naw i reckin i deserved it.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:38pm
I have found the best place to put your beer is where Hollywood or any of the other PLBC boy's cannot find it!! Of course this is not a problem with 79' cause he will be so far ahead of me?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:40pm
Ken,

Thanks for turning a decidedly rough 1st post for the young man in a positive direction. As we've all discussed many times, boating is for all ages. I can already see the young man's posts turning in the right direction.

CCxHYPERLITEx, you can learn a lot from folks on this site, and have a lot of fun. I'm sure you can teach us old farts a thing or two about wakeboarding. Just keep it cool and I'm sure you'll have a great time discussing these great boats.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:42pm
wow- an entire case in the cooler? Does that leave any room for ice?
Obviously, we don't promote drinking and boating here either..especially with impressionable 15 year olds around.
Some things are best left unsaid, or in this case, untyped.
-Brad
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:43pm
Will,

I was down in 10RC last summer and met alot of great people! It's all good and welcome to the site! You may want to work on that spelling though?

CQ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:45pm
guys i just wanna let ya'll know i aint some little punk kid .i know ive already built soma my reputation up like that but i aint.i know the values of hard work.i was brought up right.i already work for everything i have.heck i dont work at krogeri mow 3 good size yards 3 times a week in 100 degree weather. and my mind is young and like a sponge so bring on the info.
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:56pm
Atmspltr, Yes you are correct that was uncalled for I was mostly pointing out the young mans age so we all know were he is coming from. Also to emphasize the importance of spelling. Not really here but else were and later on in life

CCxHYPERLITEx I apologize for the insult

Jeff
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 1:10pm
absolootlee troo...I just wish I had a Nautique when I was 16, although I did give my dad's pure hell for a few summers.

Now, back to how many beers can fit into any given boat cooler! We used to take the pontoon boat with a keg and ski around it. Don't know how well that would go over anymore. A DUI on water now counts against our driver's license...bummer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 1:20pm
oh ya funny little twra story i was haulin my friend wakeboardin.and i think im pretty decent at drivin.but any way i dont have my license.well we get pulled over for wakeboarding at dusk and he looks at me and says how old are you?i said 15 sir and bam i got popped for not havin a boating license.but i am planing on bein a game warden so i take it as a sign from god.lol.my grandfather was a game warden and i have a pssion for the outdoors so i figure ill do a job were i wake up happy cause i get to do something i love.
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 1:29pm
Good luck on the Game Warden career path...nothing worth having comes easy so be prepared to do the work to get there. Where do you Hunt/Ski?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by jholton jholton wrote:

Not really here but else were and later on in life

LOL. elsewhere. I guess we're all guilty at one time or another. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 1:36pm
i ski and wakeboard at center hill lake in smithville tennessee.my uncle has a beginer houseboat so we go for days at a time then i hunt all round w/ my uncle who is a detective in FBI training camp right now.its mostly around the lascassas area and by the duck reserve.i do wildfowl hunting.and i fish alot to in percy priest center hill tims ford defeated creek everywhere.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 1:37pm
aye BKH nice bout thats a beut!i saw that boat in my dreams!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 1:40pm
*****************BOAT********************
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

I have found the best place to put your beer is where Hollywood or any of the other PLBC boy's cannot find it!!

That's not how I remember it. You were tossing beers at me when I already had one in hand.

[At sand bar]
Quinner: Hey guys we got some Jagermeister, who wants a shot? Johnny, I know you're good for one.

Johnny: I just took a swig.

{Quinner looks down and sees bottle in Johnny's hand, everyone laughs}
David Adams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 2:34pm
hehehehehe OMG
1974 Mustang
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 2:47pm
Hey Will,

Thanks for understanding. I'm sure you're a nice guy that means well. We're all here because we have something in common, boating. Whether somebody owns a Nautique, Mastercraft, Sears Gamefisher, we wish each other the best. I look forward to seeing you grow into the Correct Craft community and some day talk about your first Correct Craft purchase. We'll all still be here to help you. Just consider what you're going to type and submit. We are all ent*tled to our own thoughts, views and options, but making light of somebody's misfortunes is wrong. I stink at wakeboarding, so I'll need some advice from you how to improve!

Ken
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 3:22pm
Ken,

Sorry to hear of your mishap and glad to hear everyone is going to be OK. Many years ago I had a mishap not unlike yours, I was skiing behind my 77' when my buddy (Brownie) ran through a rock bed, the boat made it through the extreme shallow and he pulled back the throttle, as I slowed down on my ski unaware why we had stopped I hit the rocks and did a couple tumbles. I ended up in about 8" of water, bleeding but mostly OK. Took us a while to get the boat back to deep water literally had to carry by the teak floating the bow back to deeper water. Scratched up ski, bent prop and shaft but able to drive back to launch. The craziest part of the story comes on the way home, in bumper to bumper traffic some guy rear ends me and ends up under my boat, subsequently he damages the damaged parts and picks up the tab for the repairs. Who would have thought gettin it from behind could be a good thing?

CQ
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 3:33pm
Chris,

That's one heck of an experience. You're lucky you didn't get seriously injured. It's amazing how I've recently discovered how many people have had boating accidents. We don't really discuss it. It just really makes me more aware of the dangers of boating. I'm sure you'll never forget that incident. Glad everything worked out. Thanks for the story.

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic