Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

just read this youll laugh

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 7:45pm
Hey, now, Will! This isn't the place to dis the emo kids. That's on myspace, wakeworld, or planet nautique. You've started what has become a long and VERY entertaining thread, but you should have learned after 5 pages that this isn't the place to make fun of others.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
CCxHYPERLITEx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 8:06pm
i understand.lol ill refrain
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 2:38am
I had my boat going 75mph on road to the boat ramp today.But maybe he was going down hill.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 11:31am
Stupid question, what's an emo kid?

Ken
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 12:54pm
i took it as an emotional person but wondered about it too it's that chat room BS I guess.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 2:48pm
Just asked my 17 year old sitting next to me. Emo is short for emotional. Apparently the emo kid is similar to the Goth or gothic. They wear dark colors (if all black is against dress code) and listen to music that promotes extereme violence. Often dye their hair dark or purple. Wear heavy eye liner....

Ken, apparently not a stupid question, since few of us probably knew it.

Will, usually we only talk here about how we hate i/os, mc, first time backers on the ramp, and most marine mechanics. Emos are off limits.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

They wear dark colors (if all black is against dress code) and listen to music that promotes extereme violence.     

I listen to music that promotes extreme violence,It's the only way to get anything done where I work.The LOUDER the better

Mike
David Adams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 5:07pm
LOUD and PROUD music makes the girls move
1974 Mustang
CCxHYPERLITEx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 12:23pm
yes sir, emos are off limits
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 5:03pm
Hey Mike,

I'd like to see your CD collection. I guess if you're productive at work, that's what counts. I wouldn't consider you an emo though. You're a pretty clean cut guy. I imagine you might have had a different look in high school? I did have a mullet for a short time, but who didn't?

Ken
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 6:49pm
Definately not an emo,but don't feel like music denotes a persons lifestyle.I have music in my mp3 player that includes stuff from Alabama,Big and Rich,Tobey Keith and Kenney Chesney,mixed right in with stuff from ZZ Top,Def leppard,Marylin Manson(yeah,him too!) Nine Inch Nails,and Rammstein.I even have a hip hop track or two in there.Just depends on the mood.

I cannot picture you with a mullet....

Mike
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 6:53pm
   Ken,
just for the record,I have no Village People tracks in my collection.Almost forgot to mention that.A man has to have his limitations!

MIke
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 7:49pm
Damn...what have I missed here while hidden in the boonies of Minn...

60???? I'm doin 150 mph cause I have been drinkin all week and seeing tripple... but can still add ....all three speedos...50 + 50 on the dash and add 50 more for the one on the motor cover = 150mph...and no one was here to say it never happened!!!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 9:02pm
Gary your going to have to back off the libations and pace yourself.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 10:33pm
Chris...when the wind whips up on this lake , it means we are SOL...and time to make a trip to the winery!!!

What kind of pace should I set???

stang

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:08am
depends what you have to do later, maybe one every 15-20mins or if you have something to do then 1 every 30-40 mins.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Hey Mike,

I'd like to see your CD collection. I did have a mullet for a short time, but who didn't?

Ken

Here's my short list---Toad the Wet Sprocket, Kings X, NIN, Ozzomatli, Morrisey, Any Band Neil Finn is in, Bowie, ELP (that's Emerson, Lake & Palmer for you young bucks) and yes I even have one from Three Dog Night just to prove that I was a hippie with bell bottoms at one time.

And Ken, I would have to see the mullet to believe it, any pics?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 11:28am
You guys have great taste in music. ZZTop is great stuff, NIN, Bowie, Toad the West Sprocket. My extreme is Metallica (older albums), Korn, Linkn Park. My lighter side in Coldplay, Moby, Simple Minds. I don't know all the bands you guys listed.

I will try to locate my prop picture to scan in. It's not the worst looking mullet, it's pretty tame.

Ken
2001_Cuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001_Cuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 11:41am
Yea - I remeber your mullet Ken- that and pink shirts- kinda Flock of Seagulls ish
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 12:00pm
Alan...good stuff....certainly anything with Niel Finn!
Throw in some Bottle Rockets, Elvis Costello, Jr Brown and Tom Waits!

Chris...yes there must be a place today! Calm and sunny , which means we are going out all day!Your always a help.
stang

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 12:33pm
enjoy and kick back a couple for me and the rest of us stuck on land.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Alan...good stuff....certainly anything with Niel Finn!
Throw in some Bottle Rockets, Elvis Costello, Jr Brown and Tom Waits!

Chris...yes there must be a place today! Calm and sunny , which means we are going out all day!Your always a help.

How bout some Joe Jackson and some CAKE for driving music
WackyWillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WackyWillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 1:52pm
Was that a mullet John Denver had? Or was that a bob? Do you listen to Simon and Garfunkel too before your slalom run? You must be really old.   
JJ's seein' it right.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 2:02pm
Heuy Lewis. Had a great mullet and is good to ski to. Sometimes bad is bad.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 2:28pm
long live the 80's and the mullets
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by 2001_Cuz 2001_Cuz wrote:

Yea - I remeber your mullet Ken- that and pink shirts- kinda Flock of Seagulls ish

Eric,

Please tell me he did not listen to Duran Duran and George Michael in high school!Pink shirts,Flock of Seagulls,Yikes!!Aahh,the things we did when we were young

Mike
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 3:02am
Yep, I used to have a mullet, but that was 20 years ago, when there used to be a show...
ahhh yes the 80's, mullet, pink shirts, parchute pants, skinny ties, Def Leppard, Aldo Nova, the Outfield -- unless I wasn't on a date, then Scorpions, Metalica and Anthrax.
Before that... bell bottoms, dingo boots, Pink Floyd, the Doors, Ted Nugent.
Don't forget my all time favorite, RUSH!
Of course you might get whiplash if you dig too deeply into my CD case and run into the likes of Johnny Cash, Don Williams, Ernest Tubb, Jimmy Rodgers or the Father of Bluegrass, Bill Monroe and the Bluegrass Boys!
Anyone tried skiing/boarding to some Wagner (Ride of the Valkyie), Carl Orf (Carmina Burana) or Andrew Llyod Webber (Phamton of the Opera)?
WackyWillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WackyWillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 7:54am
Looks like a nice day for skiing today. I'll probably go have a cup of coffee and a smoke, put my thong on, and crank up some Karen Carpenter and see if I can get in the mood. YeeeHaaa   
JJ's seein' it right.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 8:20am
Originally posted by WackyWillie WackyWillie wrote:

Looks like a nice day for skiing today. I'll probably go have a cup of coffee and a smoke, put my thong on, and crank up some Karen Carpenter and see if I can get in the mood. YeeeHaaa   

WW, "You've only just begun"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 9:33am
Mike,

Duran Duran was my sister. George Michael wasn't my style. I listened to Van Halen, Quiet Riot, Talking Heads, Simple Minds, U2, The Fixx, etc. I did own a pink and aqua shirt, white jean shorts and sported a mild mullet. I loved the 80's. I could never figure out Rubic's Cube.

Let's get those 80's pictures of you guys scanned in and posted!!

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic