Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

just read this youll laugh

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
CCxHYPERLITEx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just read this youll laugh
    Posted: August-08-2006 at 11:49pm
hey evrybody,
i was out on the lake this weekend in my friends 1996 sport nautique for a day wakeboarding trip. on our way to the cove where were headed for i happened to look over and see a capzized mastercraft!i know this lake like the back of my hand and i could tell that he took the corner to sharp-the corner was a gradual descent not a drop off-hit the bottom lost control and hit the rocks.you know what that equals?S.O.L.!so on the way back from the cove back to the marina we happin to be cruzin at a steady 30,just passin people.this is a sturday keep in mind wakes are huge.and we see a 25' tri toon BLOW by us! we give em the look and go. we cathc up to him at 50mph!while the no wake zone gets closer the sport nautique keeps windin up! we get to 60 before we have to stop. we're in the no wake zone and we ask what in the hell were u runnin.he proceeds to answer                                         
400 small block!it was a smokercraft paradise. and it just conclude a great day at the lake!
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 6:52am
This is your brain...
     this is your brain on drugs. Any questions?
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 7:39am
I'm confused on which part I was to laugh at. I sure don't think any boat in trouble is funny no matter what brand it is. It must be the part where the 25' tritoon blew by you
Greg

86 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 8:43am
yes my friend the tri toon was the funny part its no tevery day you see a pontoon boat runnin a 400 smallblack inboard.i threw the master craft thing in there as a reminder KNOW YOUR SURROUNDINGS.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 8:45am
I'm a little stuck on the part where the sport nautique gets up to 60 mph
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 8:54am
I can make my Nautique go 60, just turn the dial on the speedo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 9:03am
i have 3 people who can vouch for goin 60
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 9:15am
Mine will do 70!

(on the trailer)
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 9:23am
Will I don't mean to diss but a stock sport nautique will do about 47 on the best day of its life lightly loaded. You would need to basically double the horsepower or install an outdrive to hit 60, I would check the calibration on those speedos. You would still get passed by quite a few of the tritoons on my lake at 60 though, if only I could find room in the back yard I think it would be funny if I had a big ass barge that I only referred to as "my fast boat"
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 9:27am
Will ...what engine is in the sport to get it to 60 mph, theres not a stock motor that CC ever used that would get them over the lower 50's, and mine out runs quinner's easily.

the tri toon isn't an inboard it's call an I/O, inboard/outboard, or sterndrive and is very common today no big deal.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 9:32am
geez Chris it was all fun and games till we started talking about out running other peoples CC's, poor quinner will probably end up at the speed shop talking about financing a blower
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 9:45am
I got my '93SN to 75 mph once, but backed off because I was afraid a tire would blow.
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 9:52am
Dang you beat me to it David

Munday
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 10:10am
I don't see where a Mastercraft hitting rocks should be tied into your topic t*tle. Think twice before you make another post, kid. What a terrible topic.

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 10:44am
i was in the boat i was there and it was goin 60 and u guys werent and it isnt my boat so hell he couldve put somethin in it but that bout was goin 60.u dont have to get all gay about it.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 10:49am
Here we go...
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 10:50am
I feel left out. I can't make mine go that fast cause the speedo only goes to 50. But if it did go higher I'm sure the boat would go 70!
Greg

86 BFN
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:08am
Oh Boy Chris, you know the only reason you were able to "slightly" edge me out was because my coolers were filled beyond thier capacity plates and I forgot to pull my anchor up, I will give you one thing, on the way out of the sand bar at Green Lake you were able to knock the top off that young lady in your back seat, now that's some power!

Joe, if CC/PCM ever offers a Supercharger on a SN I will be talking to my dealer about a trade-in!
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:09am
I think he had two speedos indicating 30 a piece...let's see...30 + 30 = 60. Yeah, I got it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:10am
Hollywood,

Is this kid for real or is somebody just playing a sick joke? I'm not going to go back and forth on this topic, but this Hyperlite kid is a piece of work. Unreal.

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:20am
ya to bad the speedo on the left needs to be blown out so it dont work so u can kiss my ass! so you can come down to tennessee and kiss my ass and ride in the boat so bring it! oh and yeah im gettin a blower i ordered it from summitt racing for my 454 im my 89 ski natique!
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:20am
Hey quinner,

You need to find one of those Nautiques they used for ski flying at the Masters. That baby had one full motor box! Sounded like Saturday night at the drag strip when they hit that throttle.
Greg

86 BFN
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Is this kid for real or is somebody just playing a sick joke?

I'm quessing hyperlite hasn't heard about your recent accident.....I doubt he's pulling a 'sick' joke (except claiming his CC will do 60mph).

BTW....nice signature Hollywood
Life is Good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:24am
for the record MY nautique will only do AROUND 50 this ismy friends sport nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:28am
Hey, Will. Please consider my point about your original post not being a laughing matter. My wife and I were injured on Saturday when I ran my Nautique up on rocks. Read my post below and you can see why I'm sensitive. You should really think about the guys in the Mastercraft and how they could have been injured. What if it was you? See below and I hope you understand what I'm saying to you:

It's difficult to put my thoughts into words. My accident could have been a lot worse, but thank God my wife and cousin are OK. JBear and I were just on the phone sorting things out. John reminded me that accidents do happen and we have to learn from them. Never in my boating history have I ever had such a traumatic experience. All that I can really say is, take the extra time to know the lake.

I suffered from a concussion when my head hit the windshield and split both of my knees open. My wife had pain in her neck and head. I thank God my boat took the hit, versus my cousin Eric skiing into the rocks. Everyone is doing better. I still have some pain, but will be OK.

I want to thank Jeff Kostis for coming to our aid. I understand Brad helped out as well. I also thank a nice couple in their pontoon boat and a gentleman that threw anchor and helped me to my platform. The Fire Dept, Ambulance, Hospital, Marine Patrol and Police did a great job too. I don't recall much, but they were great!

As far as the boat goes, I believe it saved us from further injuries. The tracking fins took the major damage, followed by the prop. The hull has some scratches, but nothing major. I believe the flex in the windshield saved my head. I firmly believe that if my boat was cheap quality, the hull would have split in half and the rocks would have come through the floor, causing more injury.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:33am
ski nautique2001,
i was not aware of the fact that you had such a dramatic accident and i wish u best wishe to getting better but i knew for a fact that the people in the master craft were all rescued and ok the boat had not been haulin around the corner they had just cruised around and caught some land which forced em into the rocks.they got out and the boat took on water.im sorry for bein a dick on the matter.but i had no intention on the mastercraft story bein "funny" its was just there.maybe it should have been a seperate post.....
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:36am
Speaking of coolers over thier capacity plates, my friend dan spent about 20 minutes the other day trying to get a configuration where he could fit 24 cans into the built in cooler on my 2001 and close the top. He found a few ways to fit 22 but so far nothing doing with 24, I think he was going to model it up in solid works and play with it.. he really wanted that full case.   

Hyperlite seriously I am not trying to be insulting or discourage a new poster, you did touch a raw nerve with Ken when you included a run aground boat in a post with a t*tle about laughing at something, but i assume that was unintentional. You can check out the correct craft brocure for a 96 sport nautique on this site, top speed 47.5. Its really hard to make these things go fast because your always draggin so much hull and appendage. (not that 47.5 isnt fast) You might get an extra mile an hour every 10-15 horsepower you add. Now an 89 with a 454 and a blower with the right prop that could see 55 or so but you might want to put a bigger gas tank in.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:41am
ok guys im just gonna say it u will blow me out of the water on knowin more and thats why i joined these forums is to learn more form the people who know how to do it right.i am not second guessin any of you!the boat was goin fast well leave it at that.and i was jokin bout the blower.but my nautique does have a 454.i love my 89 most of the people in the marina like it beacause tehy say its the best soundin boat theve heard in a while.but i am truely sorry for the inconvience of the post.P.S. i cant spell im sorry
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:47am
Hey Ken,

Glad everyone is going to be ok. It has to be a terrible thing to go through crashing your pride & joy and worse, seeing the people you love hurt(as well as yourself). Hope the road to recovery is short & that your nautique can be fixed. We will all hopefully put that in the back of our minds & remember how quickly things can go wrong on the water.
Greg

86 BFN
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:50am
CCxHYPERLITEx,
     An 89 2001 is an awesome boat the classic 2001 series hull with better interior and resins than the earlier years, with the 454 it is very rare and desireable. Glad you enjoy it, welcome to the site... and go Hyperlite or go home I always say...
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic