Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 engine help. Please!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2018 at 8:08pm
Finally!! I wanted to close the loop on this because I think I finally have it running almost perfectly.
So after all of it I believe that the main issues were bad injectors. I got these for 220 - Ford Racing Fuel Injectors
Also, I think the reason we were lacking in top end was that the low pressure fuel pump was full of crystallized gas. I replaced the pump because it was below the water line and figured a new one wouldn't hurt. - Amazon
For full transparency however these are all the things we clean or changed:
Fuel pressure regulator - AutoZone
Fuel filter in FCC - NautiqueParts
Checked the fuel pickup tubes
Cleaned the Throttle body
Replaced the idle air control - RockAuto
Changed the oil and filter
Changed the trans fluid
Ran multiple bottles of fuel injector cleaner through
I probably forgot a few other things.

Thank you all for all the help. During the process, I even took it to a mechanic and that unfortunately just ended being a loss of several hundred dollars.
You all have been invaluable. I look forward to many more years as a member of CCFan.
Brian
2005 Ski Nautique
JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 1:17pm
Brian,

Next time you change the FCC filter, replace the 2.5” hose that suspends the high pressure fuel pump.

Also keep a watchful eye for fuel leaks around the power wires on the top of the FCC.

Nautique Parts has a retrofit kit that 3 boats in my community needed this year. All 3 were 2001 or 2002 year models.
2007 Ski
2002 Ski
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 1:25pm
I have heard this hose is a known issue. Why is that? Does it get clogged? And where do you buy the 2.5" hose that suspends the high pressure pump? I just hunted on Nautiqueparts and Skidim.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 1:29pm
I'll try to answer this one.
First it is a regular type fuel hose. I think the reason they fail is due to the fact they are submersed in fuel all the time and they tend to develop holes and or cracks in them and they cause a pressure issue.
2005 Ski Nautique
JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 1:41pm
Use code PND for 10% discount

FCC Hose

Repair Kit
2007 Ski
2002 Ski
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic