Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Towing too fast

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 9:31pm
87 BFN wrote;
sorry guys you may think I am nuts but halling the 87 BFN behind a 2005 F-350 and a single axle trailer, as long as the road is empty the hammer is down running 80-85. If there is traffic 75 at best not worried about me or my equipment I know it is loaded propperly it's all those other that scare me

I'm with 87BFN. Although I seldom tow the boat anywhere, I do ALOT of road miles with various trailers. Always know your equipment.

The thing I've noticed more often than not in trailer towed accidents is that the tow vehicle usually weighs less than the trailer.
To me that spells disaster. You gotta watch out for the guy towing a 27' cuddy with a Yugo! d
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by duffnit duffnit wrote:

the thing I've noticed more often than not in trailer towed accidents is that the tow vehicle usually weighs less than the trailer.
To me that spells disaster. You gotta watch out for the guy towing a 27' cuddy with a Yugo! d

Now that you mention it,that is precisely why I don't feel comfortable towing the boat too fast.My Tundra is smaller than my boat and it feels like the boat is"pushing" the truck,not the truck is "towing" the boat.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 1:30pm
I have witnessed a 32' Baja & triaxle behind a Pontiac 6000, it was just obscene.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 2:51pm
Not trying to 1 up you Gotta but I was in Shipshewana Indiana ( Heart of Amish Country ) a few years back and witnessed a horse and buggy pulling a 16' aluminum boat with a 35HP outboard Not a problem pulling too fast however I didn't get to see him back it down the boat ramp.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 3:53pm
My trailer seems to track very well. I just fear that I wont be able to stop it fast enough so I usually keep mine under 70.

Why would an amish person not have a motorized vehicle but have a motorized boat??

I dont get amish people. We have them in our town and they ride the horse and buggy into town and then use air nailers to put a roof a house for someone.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 4:08pm
Jon,
The Amish are a fascinating people. They are not neccessarily anti-technology, they are just opposed to using devices that would seperate them from community. For instance: if you had a car you might be tempted to go too far from the community. If you had electricity you might be taken away from the community by watching TV ("The Man Show" for instance. You will see Amish using things such as a power mower because that doesn't remove them from their community, or a power nailer, because again that doesn't remvoe them from the community. There are several Amish communities in Missouri. They tend to live in rural areas, again because that keeps their community from being influenced by all that goes on in city life.
They also believe in simplicity . . .so I suppose a Tique might be closer to their liking than a SuperAir.

Chuck

Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 9:04pm
good call, THE LAKE the super air would be way above their needs. Now a guy at work that bought an entertainment center from the Amish in shipshewana and he asked them if they were going to use a horse and buggy to bring it back to Michigan. They laughed at him and told him that was silly, they are allowed to use monder day tech for work but are not allowed to use as a personal comfort.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2006 at 6:54am
I'm a little in the dark on the Amish thing but there was a family of Amish at Shelbyville last weekend riding their bikes around the park. They were camping in a fairly new tow behind camper atleast a 24 footer. That sounds like personal comfort to me and I didn't see any horses around to pull it.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2006 at 9:00am
don't confuse menenites with amish they look the same but the menenites drive cars and eatout alot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic