NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

awesome fall reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 9:17am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Hollywood: No answer from you guys on how I can get a PLBC "T". C'mon, help us out here. We all want one of those special shirts.

john

John, You can't handle the truth!

I'll look at how many we have left, (not many). We probably have black or white in L or XL. Should have another batch coming out late fall/winter.

kurt
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Great to see you guys again and all your smokin' hot wives.

I think you guys need to put together a new T shirt for the ladies. Maybe a girlie Tank with new initials "SHWC" for Smokin hot wives club.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 10:21am
Kurt...you guys are cool! Jbear would promote the tee well!And it looks good on a Harley!

My fall attire now is...riding in the orange SN...the black PLBC tee and my leather Harley jacket...orange and black man! (wet suit under it all).
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 4:16pm
Unfortunately we only have white left at the moment but with a phone call can have some black in a week or two. I shouldn't have a problem bringing some down to FL in a month.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 5:33pm
i'm so temped to bring down my boat on the return trip but don't think my girlf friend will let me and there's that storage gig to deal with too. You'll be down on Wensday the 18?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Hollywood: No answer from you guys on how I can get a PLBC "T". C'mon, help us out here. We all want one of those special shirts.

john

John, You can't handle the truth!

I'll look at how many we have left, (not many). We probably have black or white in L or XL. Should have another batch coming out late fall/winter.

kurt

You know, the whole PLBC "brand" really catches on for some reason. It reminds me of a company called "Slapaho" which started off by just making stuff that said Slapaho on it. Could be a new business for the brothers... check this out

Slapaho Story
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 6:09pm
Yeah, but does it make any profit for what sounds like a derogatory word slap to the "work'n girls" of society. ???

Moj'
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

i'm so temped to bring down my boat on the return trip but don't think my girlf friend will let me and there's that storage gig to deal with too. You'll be down on Wensday the 18?

Is this the reason you need to dominate all discussions here? you get owned at home?

I'd consider making some stuff as a side gig, of course I would make sure it was profitable.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 6:56pm
No Kurt,

We live in a condo with my girl and there isn't a place to store the boat so I have to find a place and right now Free storage sounds alot better than 1k a year.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 9:17pm
I figured there was a good explanation.

Just figured a prod you a little to see where you went with it. Anywho, good luck, I don't know how you can go without your boat for such long periods... in FL.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 10:20pm
VIDEO NOW AVAILABLE... this is a TEMPORARY link so get it while you can... the vid is about 30 megs so it takes a while to download. This link will take you to a page where you can download it. I did the best I could with the vid that I had taken and the time I had to edit it. Don't forget to turn up the volume. It is in Quicktime so you will have to download the quicktime player. Let me know what ya think.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

I figured there was a good explanation.

Just figured a prod you a little to see where you went with it. Anywho, good luck, I don't know how you can go without your boat for such long periods... in FL.

I've got all this new stuff to go on and only got to use the boat maybe three times this season, never even tune-it up from winterizing it last year, Now I'm heading up monday and have to winterize it again. Man it sucks not living on a lake any more.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 10:51pm
joel excellant music selection and I loved the slow motion editing of HW bitting the dust,

HW dude you beat yourself up, awsome toe hold start.

Well worth the time to download took 15min maybe.
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 9:07am
That was awesome! I am really glad after downloading soem software I was able to see it.

After seeing Hollywood take all those falls, no wonder he ain't quite right! Just messin' with you Hollywood. But those were some real doozies!

Joel, thanks for all the work on that. Spectacular!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 9:22am
Joel,

Now I am not very computer literate, but how did you upload a few pictures just for people to see. I was going to to 6-7 or so. I e-mailed Keith but haven't heard anything back on where to upload our pictures. We have about 100. Don't have to upload all if that is too much room. Also, do you think I will have to crop them or change the size?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I want to get these pictures to a place where people can see them if they are interested.

later, Oh, what CD was that. Great tunes, may go out and buy it.

Todd
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 9:36am
Keith replied and told you to e-mail him the photos and he would post them for you.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Sounds like a great time! Who has all the photos? I can setup a place to upload them and then I'll create a photo gallery as I did for the other reunions.

Anyone who has photos from the weekend, email me.

-Keith

here it is again for you since it seems you over looked it earlier.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 9:52am
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

Joel,

Now I am not very computer literate, but how did you upload a few pictures just for people to see. I was going to to 6-7 or so. I e-mailed Keith but haven't heard anything back on where to upload our pictures. We have about 100. Don't have to upload all if that is too much room. Also, do you think I will have to crop them or change the size?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I want to get these pictures to a place where people can see them if they are interested.

later, Oh, what CD was that. Great tunes, may go out and buy it.

Todd

He'll get back to you. He's a busy dude. Essentially you will get a link you can follow to dump the pictures into a folder.

The song is "Rocking Horse" by Gov'T Mule, off their debut album. The singer/guitarist is Warren Haynes, who played with the Allman Brothers for a while and is generally regarded as one of the best slide players out there. I didn't get their permission to use the song, but I suppose if it sells them a couple more CDs it's a good thing. The second song is YYZ by Rush off of Moving Pictures.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 10:11am
Joel,

Way cool video! I did recognize Warren Haynes... being an Allman bro fan!

Pretty darn cool to be able to capture and post live moments.Damn fine job!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 10:17am
todd did you attach the picture to the e-mail you sent Keith? I believe that's what he was wanting. If you want to post them your self then you need to go to photobucket and upload them there and post the link here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 11:26am
Well, I can attach them all and send them to him. I would a$$ume it may plug up a mailbox wouldn't it? I don't know how big the folder is that I have the pictures in, but I would a$$ume it would be of a good size.

I will work with the wife and have them sent tonight. I have just heard that if you send too many pictures to somebody, it could plug up their e-mail.

Will try tonight though. I did see the reply earlier though. Just thought there was a website or larger "place" to send them.

Thanks, Todd
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

Well, I can attach them all and send them to him. I would a$$ume it may plug up a mailbox wouldn't it? I don't know how big the folder is that I have the pictures in, but I would a$$ume it would be of a good size.

I will work with the wife and have them sent tonight. I have just heard that if you send too many pictures to somebody, it could plug up their e-mail.

Will try tonight though. I did see the reply earlier though. Just thought there was a website or larger "place" to send them.

Thanks, Todd

Todd, don't listen to 79 on this one (I don't get to say that too often). You will be sent a link to an FTP site where you can just drag and drop all your pics. DO NOT send them all by email.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Joel,

Way cool video! I did recognize Warren Haynes... being an Allman bro fan!

Pretty darn cool to be able to capture and post live moments.Damn fine job!

Thanks. I plan to put together a much more involved video for the next big reunion. This is just a small taste of what is possible- and I'm not even too experienced with this.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 12:18pm
joel won't he need a pa$$word and the IP address for the FTP to acces and send the files? If it was me I would just zip the files attach it and send in a couple of e-mails.

FTP is quicker but most don't know enough to due it, Hell I even forget it's been so long since I've done it. use to do it exchanging cad files with the FEA boys back in the day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 12:39pm
Ok boys, I will wait and get a link to a whatever you call it.

Again, e-mail is weitekampt@aol.com
Later,
todd
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 2:26pm
Joel

Thanks a lot for that video.....now afer seeing it, I have to spend the next 6 months kicking myself in the $#% for not sucking it up and making the drive down there. What was I thinking?

You did a great job on it. Definitely have to plan another "unofficial" get together for spring. I'll have the 97 up and running again by then (hopefully).   Looks like I missed a great time.

Rob
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 2:34pm
So what did you decide on that motor Rob did you get warrenty or anything towards the repair bill?
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 3:27pm
Joel,
Kick a$$ video !!! Nicely done... Glad you guys were able to get that weekend in !!! Let's go back down there in early spring ...

Moj'
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

So what did you decide on that motor Rob did you get warrenty or anything towards the repair bill?

Nothing from PCM except that they "can't believe that happened because the GT40's are 'bulletbroof'...." Right. Difference between a rebuild and a new GT40 crate engine (which are pretty hard to find) is less than $1000, so that's the way I'm going to go. Hope to get it done in Jan or Feb....marina charges less when it's 0 degrees with a foot of snow on the ground!

Rob

p.s. I may have my old gt40 heads for sale at the beginning of spring if anyone's interested....

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 5:24pm
remember all you need is a short block which runs around 1500-2000, everything else on you motor is good. Crates around 3500-4000 or more usually and you still have to use your alt, dist, starter, RWP, exhaust manifolds,

so all you really are getting are heads, intake, and a carb for the most part. So double check and make sure what is included with the crate motor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic