NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gone too far?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:41pm
My 89 is on its way from CA to Australia.

Does that count.?
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 5:07am
Chopper Sure it counts, Are you driving it? Yuk-Yuk-Yuk!
hasbeenskier
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 8:20am
Hasbeen...

You laugh...you just need the right tow vehicle.

hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 2:35pm
Does that thing have Perfect Pa$$?
hasbeenskier
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 3:18pm

Its got everything...including the proverbial kitchen sink.
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 1:15am
I drove to somewhere near Kalamazoo, Michigan from Sisters, Oregon to get my 79 Ski Tique this summer. I made it out and back in four days. No joke! I drove 70-75mph and over 16 hours a day. I did the trip solo except for a hitch hiker I picked up on the way back. He rode with me from DeMoins, Iowa to Ogden, Utah. I was in a 97 Dodge Truck with the Cummins Diesel motor. I got 19 miles per gallon going out and 16.8 on the way back towing the boat. The longer I have the boat the more I think the trip was worth it. That's 2900 miles one way.
Work to live, not live to work.

redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 1:25am
79Tique reminded me about the gas mileage thing...I drive a lifted Suburban. With no boat in tow she gets 14mpg on the highway and only god knows what around town. With the boat behind her she got 8.5 mpg on the way home from FL. With a 40 gallon tank it's not exactly gas station to gas station, but it sure was wearing out my credit card...I didn't even want to see the bill, but unfortunately you've got to do that to see the minimum payment
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 8:08am
79tique, The diesel is the way to go, as with redneck I towed the cuddy with a 454 chevy getting 8-9 MPG with boat in tow. I get about 11-12 without the boat. My credit card is getting very thin
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 1:31pm
I miss my Tacoma because it fit on trails and got fair gas mileage with 35" tires, but it couldn't pull my boat, so it had to go. Next truck will be diesel, no two ways about it, but I can't afford one now, nor will I be able to anytime soon, so I'm considering slowing building the Suburban up to 1 ton standards with a diesel engine swap coming last (probably 5.9 Cummins since that's the most common swap I've seen). That way I'll have something unique, and it will spread the cost out over a period of time.

Logic will probably prevail (ie girlfriend and mother) and I'll sell the 'Burban and buy which ever 1 ton is currently best and just be paying for it for 48 months, but it's nice to dream.
TRebhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRebhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 4:50pm
I have 2 chevy diesels and get 17 mph towing and 20 without the trailer. Plenty of power too.

79 Tique, did you get lost on your trip from Oregon to MI. I think it's only about 2100 miles. You must have just liked driving around with that nice boat!
VT. Nautique
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 8:35pm
I did not get lost , but I may have missed quoted the miles. I'll look at my notes from the trip and repost if needed. I think you can get to eastern Oregon in less but I live at lease 200 miles into Oregon. You may be right though I shot this out with confirming the facts and it's been some time since I made the trip.
Work to live, not live to work.

BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 8:48pm
I drove from central Wisconsin to southern Kansas for my Ski Nautique. I took my wife's van. It was 11 degrees out and on the way back I had major motor trouble. One week after getting home the transmission in her van died. The boat is great and the van is in the junk yard.
duckfamily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 12:30pm
From ND to IN every year from 1993 - 2001 (Promo) Then this spring we purchased a 77 in St. Louis off ebay (1100miles). Not scared to travel. Looking for someone to do stringers and floor? ducky@gondtc.com
Correct Craft owner for 13 years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic