NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gone too far?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gone too far?
    Posted: October-02-2006 at 10:40pm
Hey C.C.Fans,I thought I would inquire as to how far you have gone to bring home a Cla$$ic Correct Craft. Any Takers?
Inquiring minds want to know. bj
hasbeenskier
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2006 at 10:45pm
1) I don't think mine is a cla$$ic
3) I'm sure this isn't the farthest
4) I went 5 hours one way. Worth every mile.

I still like the idea someone had of a retrieve the boat relay...someone bought one and talked about having it relayed back to him. I think I would love to get in on that, but my town is on the way to nowhere.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2006 at 10:49pm
Ive never seen the topic mentioned,but a boat relay is a very good idea. Especially for he guy on the receiving end.
Let's find the guy that has gone the greatest distance.
hasbeenskier
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2006 at 10:57pm
There was a guy from Washington that bought an Excell from Pensylvania and on the way home it was stolen off the back of his truck in Indiana . They took the receiver out of his hitch . He had the trailer locked to the ball but did not have the hitch locked to the truck

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2006 at 11:19pm
#1 Mi to Oh 12hrs.

#2 Tx to Oh 32hrs.

#3 Wi to Oh 16hrs.

Ut to Oh 1800 miles. I did not drive, It was delivered.
Scott
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2006 at 11:22pm
I drove from Kansas City, MO to Louisville, KY about 500 miles one way. I'm sure others have gone further. It was a great road trip, my middle son went with me. We got in late at night and the rest of the family stayed up late to see us drive it in. I changed the oil in it the next day and off we went!
How about you HasBeen?

Chuck

P.S. I like the relay idea as well.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 1:48am
Hasbeen,

You planning a trip to Jersey Soon?
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 6:23am
Um... I had to drive two whole miles to get my M17.
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 6:29am
Central Vermont to Houston. 3700 miles round trip. It took two weeks. Check out the story in the diaries. It was one of the best car trips ever.

Bringing the '66 home was a short trip from Ohio to Houston. I got it home in two days, four days round trip.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 7:05am
Chuck and Alan,
I am embarressed to say so, because I thought it was a ludicrous idea from the beginning: Saint Petersburg, Florida to Brick, New Jersey.
Round trip 2304 miles,228 gallons of gasoline: (10.1 MPG) Average speed= 63MPH. Approximately 18.5hrs each way. Is there a doctor in the house?
Come on guys lets hear from you I am trying to justify it!
hasbeenskier
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 7:31am
My trip was about 550 miles ea. way, Atlanta to Indy. I would probably do it again for the right price boat. Not a bad trip at all. Just make sure the trailer bearings, tires, etc are in great shape!
Greg

86 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 8:46am
Chicago to Fredericksburg VA, 1500 miles round trip, overheated the trans in a '91 Jeep Cherokee 10 miles into the tow back through the hills, she made it fine the rest of the way. Didn't think about trailer bearings, brakes, etc. just hooked it up and went!
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 8:59am
I drove from Ohio to Minnesota to pick up the Cuddy. Drove back with the boat stretched wrapped. Man did it look wierd! I think I need the doctor !!

TRebhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRebhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 9:18am
I drove from central Vermont to Virginia to get my '83 2001. 12.5 hours each way. It as worth the trip.
VT. Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 10:02am
I went from Connecticut to Chicago last November to pick up my boat, 950 miles each way. Longer trips are definitely worth it for the right boat, I know mine was.

My boat has actually come all the way across the country now. M3Fan brought it all the way from Arizona to Chicago, so I did the shorter half of the journey.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 10:08am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I went from Connecticut to Chicago last November to pick up my boat, 950 miles each way. Longer trips are definitely worth it for the right boat, I know mine was.

My boat has actually come all the way across the country now. M3Fan brought it all the way from Arizona to Chicago, so I did the shorter half of the journey.

Yep, 1800 miles each way, done in 4 days flat. Little 2001 Cherokee "cla$$ic" for the whole tow. Amazing. I'll put up some desert driving pics later.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 10:18am
Originally posted by hasbeenskier hasbeenskier wrote:

Chuck and Alan,
I am embarressed to say so, because I thought it was a ludicrous idea from the beginning: Saint Petersburg, Florida to Brick, New Jersey.
Round trip 2304 miles,228 gallons of gasoline: (10.1 MPG) Average speed= 63MPH. Approximately 18.5hrs each way. Is there a doctor in the house?
Come on guys lets hear from you I am trying to justify it!

Shoot me an email whne you get a minute, I'm curious to know what he accepted. I can't get that boat out of my mind so please buy it so I can sleep.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 10:38am
How about New Jersey to Texas. I paid a guy to bring it here!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 11:35am
My PO bought my Tique in North Carolina, but rolled it, on its trailer, into a bigger trailer to haul it to New Hampshire. After I bought it, I pulled it back Ma$$achusetts (150 miles) and then back to NC (850 mi) from Ma$$achusetts. I pulled it back home (to MA) this year to work on this winter. Next summer I will pull it back to NC, possibly two round trips, as I am selling my MA boat and using the Tique in both places.

(jbear...you haul your boat up to TN every summer, don't you?)
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 11:36am
My wife and I drove from Ma$$achusetts to Ohio. We left at 5:30AM and arrived at 5:00PM. The hills of PA are nasty. No incidents to report.

It was a two day adventure. My wife and I had a nice Italian dinner that night and a casual breakfast in the AM. As long as you're not rushing, it's worth making the long drive for your new boat.

Ken
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 1:17pm
In all cases above I'm sure it is farther than any of us would drive for a woman.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 1:51pm
Well I would say that would greatly depend on the Woman and whether or not she has a nice boat, is willing to get it wet with you and of course she must have a couple good bumpers on board!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 1:53pm
yeah what was the name of that redhead on the sandbar in florida with the super air... could be worth the drive
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2006 at 2:20pm
I stand corrected - you are absolutely right.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2006 at 11:19pm
The AZ Trip - 1800 miles each way. 32 hours straight on the way back, stopping only for petrol.

redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2006 at 12:43am
18 hours from NE NorthCarolina to South Florida to pick up mine. Drove down in one afternoon/night after I got off work (took 18 hours.) 12 hours into the trip, on August 1st (dog days of summer on the East Coast in case you were unaware), my A/C quit in my truck...so the Florida leg of the trip was all 100% humidity, but the excitement kept me motivated. After I hitched her up the A/C started working, so I took that to be a good thing...only made it to southern South Carolina that night as the whole lack of sleep thing finally caught up to me.

I did the whole trip with no trailer brakes (Custom built tandem axle aluminum trailer which the guy got built w/out brakes ON PURPOSE??). My Suburban and my girlfriend both hated me for it, but my 2 choices were do it that way or get an appointment with a trailer shop down in Florida, purchase a brake system and have them install them...which was not looking financially nor practically feasible.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2006 at 12:50am
Hasbeen; Great idea. Where ya been?

Larry: Thats right, the '80 goes from Lake Wales to Lake Norris every July. 12 hour trip at 65mph and worth every minute of it. I drove to Georgia to meet Rick from So. Carolina to buy her. Listened to her, drove her on the river and then hitched her up to my F-150 for the ride home. 6 hours from home for me and about the same for Rick to get her to the river where we met.

BTW: Rick, you out there still? Drop me a line.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2006 at 5:53am
The topdogs so far seem to be Jim in Houston, Joel then Redneck 7. Redneck deserves a "Goodonya" (South Florida with no air PLLEEAA$$E!) I am pleased to see that maybe I dont have a sickness just a pa$$ion. <--(Whats up with the $ signs) There has to be more of you guys making road trips and I want to hear the stories too.
The trip I just made stressed me out because the trailer had been sitting on blocks for eight years. I went prepared. Complete with floor jack, new tires & wheels, hubs & bearings & complete light harness. We backed up to the boat and went at it like a NASCAR pit crew. It paid dividends too the hubs stayed cool to the touch all the way home.
hasbeenskier
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2006 at 9:47am
I drove from Austin to the California border (Colorado River) to pick up my totaled '93SN. Left Austin at 3:00am on a Saturday morning and returned home at 7:00pm Sunday evening. Even had time for a wonderful meal with the very hospitable seller. Not 100% sure of the distance, but 2500 miles (round trip) seems about right.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2006 at 12:47pm
Hasbeenskier,

To suggest an answer your original question, posted as the title to this thread, it would appear that there is no such thing as too far when it comes to a quality (vintage or otherwise) CC....although we have not heard from our Australian, Israelie, or European friends on this one yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic