NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rankin Covers Group buy

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rankin Covers Group buy
    Posted: November-02-2006 at 4:24pm
Background info:
Rankin offers top of the line Sunbrella covers that are truly trailerable. Their workmanship is top notch. The covers use a drawstring that tightens with a ratchet system and attaches firmly to the rub rail, so no snaps are necessary. The covers fit so well that no support poles are needed to shed water.

This group buy is applicable to any boat for which Rankin has a template. They claim that they have all Correct Craft templates dating back to 1989. The 1989 templates may or may not work on older boats- but I suspect they would work on any 2001.

See Rankin’s website for more information: http://www.rankincovers.com

Pricing Information:
These covers are not cheap, but from what Ive read, I believe they are the best cover on the market. Only the best for my CC!

Other Details:
All Boats with Towers will require certain measurements to ensure an accurate cover. Descriptions of the measurements you need to take will be available on the order form that I send you.

No cleat or gas filler doors will be offered on the covers. Rankin has offered to send a small amount of extra fabric (for a small charge) to those who would like to have these options added locally.

Colors:

All of Rankin’s standard colors are eligible for this group deal. They are as follows:

Shipping:
Shipping charges will be the actual shipping cost from their facilities in Washington. Shipping in the continental U.S. should range from approximately $15-$30.

Warranty:
Rankin’s standard warranty still applies. This warranty will cover the Sunbrella material for 5 years from the date of purchase. There is a lifetime warranty (for the original purchaser) on the workmanship of the cover.

How to Order:
Send me an email with Rankin in the title: TRBenj@gmail.com. I will send you an order form. Fill it out and send it back to me. When I have collected enough orders, I will submit them to Rankin.

Payment:
Once I submit the orders, Rankin will take your payment directly. They take Mastercard and Visa. They can be reached at (425) 483-9266 from 7am - 4pm Pacific Standard Time. Be sure to mention my name and this group buy.

Rankin expressed interest in moving forward as quickly as possible. I do not have a date when we will stop accepting orders for this group buy, but I will update this post when I do. I expect to start submitting orders in groups so that they may start production.

Thank you for your interest!
-Tim
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 4:28pm
Some pics of Rankin covers:

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 4:44pm
JC,what do those ordinarily run for?.....I'm guessing $600-$700?

Edit....oops just saw the price,sorry.
Life is Good.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 7:05pm
Tim,

Nice work on the presentation and pricing!

How do they work the covers around the tower legs with the fabric and the drawstring? Is covering the platform available?

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 8:00pm
Quinner, Ill try and get a pic of the cover around the tower. Ive seen how they do it and it looks pretty solid- just like the rest of the cover.

The one thing I dont like about the Rankin is that they dont cover the platform. They told me its not possible due to the way they secure. Im going to have to have something custom made at some point to protect my transom and platform.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 8:39pm
Quinner, heres a pic:

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 7:28am
The pocket dirtbike will have to wait. I'm in.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 8:18am
Tim- great idea and thanks for taking leadership on this type of thing- it's exactly what we need on this site- buying power!!
although- I already have a pretty nice cover and don't need a new one..sorry man. I would jump on this if I did- there is a huge difference between a cover and good cover- those covers look great!
Good luck guys- hope this works out for you all.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 8:50am
That is a heck of a deal. I hear those covers are top notch. My cover's got plenty of life left in it, otherwise I'd be in. Beautiful yellow boat.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2006 at 1:49pm
TRB- I need a cover and these do look nice. I need a lot of things. Have to try to budget this in. I was hoping to wait until closer to spring but, Don't leave the dock without me!

Anyone have suggestions on what color would look best on my boat?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2006 at 2:29pm
Randy, if it were me, Id go with a gray or charcoal color to match your secondary stripe.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 1:08pm
The group buy is moving forward- I have submitted the first group of orders to Rankin.

Thanks to everyone for their interest!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 2:50pm
Would they make a cover to fit my smaller 16 ft. boat? I've used an oversized cover for years with a center support, pretty ugly though it works fine. Its close to worn out so I'm looking.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 2:59pm
63 Skier, Im sure Rankin is capable of making a cover for you- but the problem right now for this group buy is that they dont have a template. Where are you located? Rankin is in Washington (state).

If youre nowhere near the NW, your best bet for a good fitting cover would be having something custom made locally. If you can, go with Sunbrella fabric- its expensive but breathes well.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 3:15pm
Do they have a 176 template? Probably not...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 3:27pm
They said they have all CC templates from 1989 forward- but Id have to ask to be certain.

You replacing the '88 Hollywood?
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 3:41pm
I'm in NH so I guess we could say I'm not close to WA.

I've done some business with a company call Dowco that makes a ton of OEM boat covers and is building a plant for custom covers as well. I've hesitated to order from them as I'm not sure what would fit, most non-snap rubrail covers are for newer ski boats much larger than mine.

I have the original cover, lots of holes and tears, but I guess I could find someone to use it as a template. Let me know if anyone has a suggestion in the northeast.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

You replacing the '88 Hollywood?

No, I thought it might be an option for the older, shorter boats though. The beam is still much wider though.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

I'm in NH so I guess we could say I'm not close to WA.

I have the original cover, lots of holes and tears, but I guess I could find someone to use it as a template. Let me know if anyone has a suggestion in the northeast.

Yeah, I would say we're not all that close to WA. Even better than the original cover, why dont you call some local places and see if they could make a custom cover if you brought the boat to them? That would give you the best fit. I a$$ume custom shops are able to do drawstring covers. Snaps =
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 6:38pm
I've seen very few shops that don't use draw strings on there covers, usually there are both snaps and a draw string. It's kinda funny you state that they don't need poles to keep water from pooling, yet your picture clearly shows a pole used in the rear section on the white/black boat on the shore station.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 10:21pm
   Chris,

The pole you see is the rear watersports pylon.

Did any of you N.E. guys see the cover on the black/grey 220 at NECC?I'm not sure if it was a Rankin,but it was very nice quality.Craig did say they had it custom made.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 7:27am
Mike is correct. The rear support you see under the 210 is actually the pylon.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 2:12pm
Just to give everyone a heads up, I have submitted another group of orders to Rankin. If youre still interested, I will be collecting more orders for another week or so.

Thanks!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 2:16pm
Tim, were there any orders for the '89 2001? If so I'd like to know who got one and get a pic of it when they get it on the boat.

Also, the '87 and '88 had split windshields, however don't think that will make a significant difference in the fit of the cover.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 2:42pm
HW- yes there was an order for an '89. I would expect the cover to fit all 2001's- especially the 87-88 since the windshield height should be exactly the same.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 9:11am
I am late to the party on this one...has the group buy happened yet? If not, I am in for a cover for my '93 SN.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 9:41am
David, Im submitting orders in groups- youre not too late. Ill send you an email with an order form.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 10:04am
Tim,

Do you need a job as a salesman? That seems to be a pretty sweet discount you worked out. Good job.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 10:12am
Thanks Alan. I dont know if Im much of a salesman- I just wanted a good cover to protect the new interior and I didnt want to pay full price! I think it is working out well for everyone involved, including Rankin.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 7:40pm
Just got my cover today. I haven't mustered up enough boat-geek-ness to actually fit it on the boat in the freezing garage tonight, but I will this weekend. The cover looks pretty good sitting on the floor. Full report to follow shortly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic