NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your first Boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 11>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:38pm

The '93 again. Sorry these are out of order. And no...I am not going "glide sliding"

Wish I could figure out how to size these pics right.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:41pm
Very nice John, that wasn't so hard was it.
That 78 was really nice, and of course the 98 is on of my personal favorites, having owned one.

You can post more than 1 pic at a time. We need to know how your posting. Are your pics on photobucket? Or, are you posting from disk or harddrive? BKH

Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:41pm

the '98 boat at rest, in the rain, at Norris.
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:43pm
Brian; They are on a disk I made tonite at wallyworld and I am "uploading" from that using photobucket.
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:45pm

goin' fast upriver (again) in the '78.
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:45pm
Brian: How do I get 'em the correct size?
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:49pm

The '78 again. First day I had it at our dock on Sandusky Bay. Very proud day for me.
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:52pm

Me and mrs jbear in the '98 the first year we had it in Tennessee. Still the best boat I ever owned.
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:54pm
Once you have loaded them into photobucket, click on the button "edit" above each photo. Then click resize, and choose the size that says website. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:57pm

Mrs jbear fixin' to throw me the rope. My friend Mark Lastovka behind the wheel and we have a boat load of kids, as always.
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 10:01pm

Mrs jbear barefootin' on the boom at Norris. Had to throw this one in, always so proud of her.

I know this was alot so thanks guys for being patient with me. You all know how computer challenged I am.

Brian; Thought you might take pity on me and call on my cell to help. Still need to know how to get them to the right size and how to post multiples.
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 10:08pm
I resized to "website" but it looks like it came out to small. Wow was this a chore. Took me all night. I know some of you young guys must be laughin' out loud at the jbear.

Thanks to Randy in Ohio. I would'a never figured this out without your "picture" instructions. was hard enough as it was.

Heath; We have a place on Norris at Hickory Star. It is near Maynardville.
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 10:19pm
Well, I probably would have called, but I was cleaning up baby puke off my shirt BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 10:20pm
Awesome pics jbear, keep em coming
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 10:27pm
Sorry Brian, guess you were busy. I think I got it now.

Alan: I have a couple more of my 206 and the present boat but am working on getting them out of mrs jbears camera and on here. I might be up all nite.
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:09pm

Here we go again; this is our '03 206 at Norris.

I might get the hang of this yet.
"Loud pipes save lives"

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:11pm
The Jbear photo monster has been unleashed. Keep 'em coming!

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:43pm

Think I've got how to do multiples, just got to get the size right.
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 12:01am

Thanks Blondie and Mark for the late nite "how-to" call.
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 12:59am
Good stuff JBear. I'm going to have to dig up a photo of my 98. Going to look at a project boat tomorrow. Perhaps I'll have another photo to post. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 1:40am
Nice pics Jbear, looks like you got it. put more up. From what it sounds like, You and Mrs. Jbear made out ok in the 81 crash, how bad did it mess up the CC?
RootRacing
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 9:57am
John, besides a sh*t load of boats you gotta full head of hair..eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 10:45am
John, Those are some great pictures. Do you still have all the boats?
Scott
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 1:11pm
Jbear, great photos! I've heard of Norris lake...what major city are you close to? Knoxville? I'm looking for a lake house in TN, NC or Alabama -anything in your area for sale that you know of???
Heath
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 4:27pm
Jbear, i can say that i most definitely did not know that you've had that many boats,
B. E. A utiful!!!! my favorites would have to be the '78 (of course) and the '98 i love those. Keep the pics coming, I've got a feeling this is gonna be like opening pandora's box for you. haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 5:16pm
Try again:

and

and

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 7:48pm
Niiiice 'Cuda!!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 1:26am
Thanks guys for all the props.

I still have alot of hair but not all the boats.

When I hit the rock wall goin' the wrong way at the Bay, it blew a BIG hole in the pa$$enger side and popped off the top on the '81. Worse part of it all was that it was the weekend before mrs jbear graduated from college. She had to cross the stage on 1 crutch due to a very bad cut she recieved when she was almost thrown from the boat. The boat was totaled. Did not sink tho. Made it back to our dock to drop off Patti and then drove the boat to the other side of the Bay to pull her. Very sad day.

Norris Lake is a little North of Knoxville. Not much in our area but on the other side of the lake alot of building is going on. Do a search for Norris Shores on Goggle and that should get you some links. Heath, you are in Central Florida aren't ya?

Happy New Year to all my C/CfAN buddies. Hope you all have a safe, prosperous, and Blessed 2007! I know I'm gonna have a great year, right Lake!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 11:43am
That Barracuda really is a good looking boat Gary. In the first pictures I saw, I thought the deck and motor cover were burgundy, like the hull. Did you refinish yourself? Paint or Gel? BKH
Livin' the Dream

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 1:50pm
I painted everything above the rub rail with Interlux Perfection, a two part urethane that is made to go on with a roller and brush. It needs some more wet sanding and buffing but looks pretty good for a rookie. The Pics of the boat in my signature are as I bought the boat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic