FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New England???

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 11:11am
While I was away on vacation, we received permission to use the desired land on my family's lake. So it's now official - the The New England Reunion will be on Aug. 11-12 on Sokokis Lake in Limerick, ME.

The Registration page will be up shortly.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 10:44am
Great news Keith! Thank you, Roy and the rest of the lake assoc for working that out for us all. And especially, thanks to the private land owner for allowing us boat nutts to use the property

Sign me up!
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2007 at 6:27pm

Keith, can you suggest a couple of campgrounds in the area?

Thanks, Farmer
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2007 at 9:01am
Farmer, I'm working on that now. There isn't a commercial campground in Limerick so I'm trying to get permission to use some nearby land for camping. If not, there are campgrounds in nearby towns.
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2007 at 7:01pm
I know where there are some weekend cabins, but they are 1/2 hour away.
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2007 at 11:03pm

Riley thanks for the info but we're going to have the camper with us because we are staying at Salisbury Beach in Mass starting on the Monday following the reunion. So I kind of need a place to put it. I'm sure we'll find someplace fairly close. Farmer
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2007 at 9:32pm
Hey guys, the New England Registration page is now up. I'm still working on NECC and a few other sponsers - just haven't heard back from them yet.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or requests.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2007 at 2:13pm
I'M DELETING THIS POST...

Turns out the campground I suggested is seasonal rentals only...

Sorry about that!

Kyle
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2007 at 2:54pm
Hey Kyle,
I've been scouting campgrounds too.
I saw Blackburn's and said "I'm there!"
But - they are seasonal only.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2007 at 4:16pm
Pardon the temporary threadjack...
Kyle, you've been kind of scarce lately. Your name came up at the boat show, with Tim I believe. I knew you were looking for a new boat a year or so ago, the 176 at NECC, wasn't it. I seem to recall Craig saying he'd like to have your Skylark. I believe Tim told me you bought the new boat but kept the Skylark too. The reason I was thinking about it was my brother just bought the Skylark that was for sale on this site. He was interested in finding out as much as he could about the V6. I was wondering if that is the engine you have, and if you could be a source of info for him.
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2007 at 5:15pm
Hi 75 - Larry, right?

Im always around

We have the Universal V6 in our Skylark. I have all the original paperwork for the boat including the manual for the engine.

One of these days Ill get them scanned so Keith can add it to the reference section

In the meantime I would be happy to make you copies if you need them.

Let me know.

To all
Im going to delete the info on Blackburns Campground from my previous post. As Nauti84 pointed out, they only rent seasonally.

Sorry about that!

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2007 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Pardon the temporary threadjack...
Kyle, you've been kind of scarce lately. Your name came up at the boat show, with Tim I believe. I knew you were looking for a new boat a year or so ago, the 176 at NECC, wasn't it. I seem to recall Craig saying he'd like to have your Skylark. I believe Tim told me you bought the new boat but kept the Skylark too. The reason I was thinking about it was my brother just bought the Skylark that was for sale on this site. He was interested in finding out as much as he could about the V6. I was wondering if that is the engine you have, and if you could be a source of info for him.

Which Skylark did he buy? The green one in Freedon, NH?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 8:47am
Kyle,

A copy of the manual would be great, if it wouldnt be too much trouble, thanks.

Riley, No, it was in Ohio. Ad has been pulled from the site.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 3:30pm
Nauti- any luck with the campground searches? We're toying with the idea of dragging a pop up along for the weekend.
thx
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 3:54pm
Great question, Brad, we're going to pitch a tent. I'm trying to find a campground close to the lake. The closest one I found was about 30 minutes away. Any updates would be great.

Ken
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 4:00pm
Hey Guys,
I'm working on getting permission to use some land nearby for camping. I will update you as soon I can but it's hard to get a hold of people this time of year.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 5:16pm
Thanks, Keith!
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 7:48pm
Brad/Ken,
From the quick looks I've taken, there doesn't seem to be anything real close.
I know there's a couple in NH near Great East Lake / Balch Pond area & another up in Freedom NH, or you go the other way over near Sebago/Long Lake. None of them would be real far.
But Keith's idea sounds great if he can get a spot right there!
We bought a class "A" last year, so I hope there will be room to squeeze in the big rig!
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 11:00pm
    Wont we "OWN" the public boat ramp that weekend??

Jeff...
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2007 at 10:30am
I might just bring an air mattress and sleep in the bed of my pickup truck with my girlfriend if there is not a campground in the area. Hopefully keith is able to find something close. That would be great!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2007 at 9:22pm
   Jeff,

How far are we from Sokokis,Looks like about 20 mins.??All the time you spend driving around up there you must have seen a nice campground somewhere   BTW,has the ice started going out of the lake yet?Looks like another cold crappy week.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2007 at 10:02pm
    Mike, was up there today getting things ready. There is a skim of ice maybe a inch or two?? I know where we are, there is about 10 feet of open water at the shore. Did see a sled flying down the lake today.

As far as Sokosis, you head up Rt 11 toward Newfield, which then takes you to Limerick. The launch is right on Rt 11 in limerick. Easy to get to!! Much easier than the back roads of Lebanon!!   Youre right on with the 20 minutes. Its MUCH easier than last year!!

Jeff...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 5:09pm
Spring has sprung....maybe.

Keith's working hard to pull our New England reunion together. We're going to need to get more folks registered to help the planning process. Keith and I just spoke and he's really pulling things together nicely. Let's get our registration page rocking and rolling here!! Tell your friends and family about the '07 reunion. I look forward to being able to participate in the water events this year.

Ken
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 1:32am
I would be more than willing to help out with the planning and such. I am new to the correct craft community and want to get more involved in everything surrounding these boats.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 9:55am
Hey Eric,

I like your '86. I saw it on Ebay last year. Nice rig with the 454 engine.

Thanks for offering your help, Eric. I think spreading the word of our reunion is great help. The more people, the better. By the way, where do you take your boat?

Ken
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 10:11am
Hey Ken,

Thanks. I love the boat. I was told that the previous owners used it on Lake Cochituate so you may have seen it out there. Your boat looks great as well.

I am definetly spreading the word about the CCfan reunion, and trying to gather as many friends as possible to come that weekend.

I take my boat to a couple of different places. We have a cottage on Suncook Lake in Barnstead, NH so it spends plenty of time there. Also we will be taking it to the Merrimack River in the sections of Lawrence and Dracut, also to the Lowell and Tyngsboro area of the river. We have taken my Dads boat the Lake Cochituate many times but have always disliked the launch ramp, and the small bridge to get over to South lake to ski. Does your boat stay primarily at Lake Cochituate?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 10:29am
Lake Cochituate is very challenging with that ramp and tunnel to the south lake. I've got the ramp figured out fairly we'll after boating there since '86. Still a tough ramp and isn't great on the truck transmission! I've seen more windshield mishaps from the south lake tunnel. I've kissed it a few times.

NH is great. I'm not sure where Suncook is located. I used to go to Swains Lake in Barrington, NH a lot. Winni is nice if you find a protected area. I'll look up Suncook on mapquest. Maine has great lakes too. 05 210, Mike and Jeff Kostis are both on Mousem Lake. We'll have to catch up this summer.

Ken
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 12:48pm
Ya, with my dads boat we kissed the inside of that tunnel and after that kind of shyed away from that lake. How deep is it under that bridge?

Suncook is located off of Route 28, about 20 minutes south of Alton Bay. Its a smaller lake. It is two lakes, lower suncook and upper suncook, connected by a channel with a bridge limiting the size of boats. Most boats up to 22 feet will fit under. Each side of the lake is about a mile long, really nice ramp, ski course, way to many jet skis tho.

Maine is great. I have a week long trip planned with some friends and their family to go to Sebago Lake in Maine, and of course the trip for the CCfan reunion. Should be a good summer.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2007 at 11:02am
I know Sebago pretty well. If anyone needs info, I'd be glad to help out.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2007 at 12:18pm
So any word on a campground or land that is going to be available for the reunion weekend?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
  Share Topic