NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi Tek Stainless Manifolds

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi Tek Stainless Manifolds
    Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:55pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting ready to finalize the orders for a group buy,Allen has cut us a major discount on both purchase ans shipping,
We now have 4 sets,
3 Small Block Ford,Reidp;TRBenj;Boat dr
1 Big Block Chevy,87BFN
The time is short and if you want in call me,as i don't know if we can get any better price than now.........boat dr

1-318-386-2825............Billy

Lake Horse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 10:08am
What does the price per look like.
Lake Horse
76 Mustang

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 10:37am
i think its like 1392.00 or there abouts maybe 1362.00
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 10:50am
Lake Horse, give me a call and i will give you the total . I need to know engine size,outlet size, and the finish, painted or polished.        1-318-386-2825   billy
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 12:42pm
79, I don't think that post was to you,and have asked him to call for the correct price.
That is unless you want to take over the payment and shipping details.......If that be the case ,I will gladly give you the helm ........boat dr
The price you quoted Lake Horse was incorrect.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 1:09pm
Doc,

Can you say "Goose Frabba" several times for me please.

Signed,

Dr. Buddy Rydell
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 3:05pm
quinner, are you huffing the glue too???????
Is that spelled in Ebonic,if so we don't speak that here.......boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 9:18am
I gotta buy 5 sets,SBF or SBC, but under these guidelines price per set will be 1387.00 USD this includes shipping.

so I was off 5 bucks big f**king deal asswipe. never said it was exact and clearly stated I THINk THEY ARE THIS
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 11:32am
79, I am sure you can buy them cheaper than that,as you stated before I just pawn off cheap junk.
Why are you even posting on this thread, you just gotta try to keep the poop stirred.Don't mess the deal up for the rest of us that want a set of high quality performance exhaust for their boat.
Again this was for the rest of the C/C Fans that wanted in on the group buy, just for your info you were not included 79...............
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 11:53am
damn doc that was harsh! ..
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 12:26pm
Ryan, I raised the truce flag to this guy, but he chose to keep flaming ,when the subject or the thread was not even to him.
The post on the manifolds was not to, or about him,did not ask his opinion,nor did it ask his advice,but MR.Double Chin had to put in his .02 worth, he was over paid BTW.
All i ask to Chris is stay out of my bussiness and those on this site that want a good exhaust system that will improve performance and look good also,He chooses to run that Edelbrock stuff , which i understand is cute but does very litle for the breathing of the Hi-Per motor he is running.Some of us are willing to spend the money to complete or add to the looks and performance of these fine boats..........boat dr
Chris why can't you just go away. i know i am tired of your for letter words and your spoiled brat attitude,maybe i am not alone...........maybe i am.......
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 2:35pm
I thought you guys gotta room?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 7:11pm
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 7:39pm
79, I will not stoop to your level but I will say this for all the rest of the site to see.I ain't making one dime off this deal, have eaten all the phone calls and will pay the same price as everyone else,got a good deal and will share that with my fellow C/C fans.
I will bring up one point to you though:
did you not sell some parts to a member of this site and the not only charge him shipping, but handling too? And then did not ship him his parts,or did i read that post incorrectly.
Enough of your bashing ,go eat a cheese burger ,lard ass, oh i'm sorry .....
should have said loose some weight, call 1-800-Jenny Craig,whats her name did it so can you............. NOT
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 9:14pm
   Are you guys done? C'mon already. Doc,looks like 79's been pretty mellow lately(with the exception of a few of his last posts here)but it looks to me like he was trying to answer the guys question legitimately.In his defense he didn't get heated up till you got on him about it.I think if the two of you meatheads got along you could pool your knowledge together and build one hell of a boat motor(but I'd still have Eric do the trans .)
   You both have great information,but I see no purpose in u bashing the components he decides to use in his boat,apparently it runs very well with the Edelbrock stuff.
   I can do without the lard ass,double chin comments,too.That's just rude.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 9:22pm
...better get some popcorn for the next few posts
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 9:32am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

I will bring up one point to you though:
did you not sell some parts to a member of this site and the not only charge him shipping, but handling too? And then did not ship him his parts,or did i read that post incorrectly.

again you have the facts wrong keep saying I stiff the guy because that never happened, keep telling yourself it did I don't care. It's like I said before and you have been told by others on this site I'm not doing the basing and putting you or your parts choice down YOU ARE CLOWN NOT ME.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 12:29am
Edelbrock VS Hi-tek...Sounds like a great race to me..
KPNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 10:28am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Edelbrock VS Hi-tek...Sounds like a great race to me..

That would be interesting
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 12:54pm
MM, Go to Allen's site and look at the specs on his product,the cutaway says it all.Equal length runners are the most tuner friendly,they ain't perfect, but a lot more exhaust will flow with his product.He lists the performance gains on a graph for all to see.
As far as the Edelbrock log style goes,well look at the design.I think the stock PCM man. will flow better than the logs,JMO,I am not an expert on exhaust flow.
I am after the weight savings mostly,performance comes next followed by the polished S/S finish,4 of us are willing to spend the extra money to have a top quality exhaust for our boats.........boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

.Equal length runners are the most tuner friendly,...they ain't perfect......He lists the performance gains on a graph for all to see.

As far as the Edelbrock log style goes......I am not an expert on exhaust flow.
.........boat dr

That's right your not a designer nor have you ever designed anything for resale to the public. Let along designed a propulsion system to break any kind of land speed record. (Yes that's a fack I have)

You really should look at the graphs a little closer and actually read the scale on them and then you well see that over the useable rpm range say idle to 4.5K there is a 5 hp gain and that really isn't until your at 4000-4500 rpm and is only 2-3 over the rest of that RPM range, which is pretty much where the engine is used most for cruising or skiing IMHO.

from 4.5-5.5K there is a gain of about 10 hp but then starts to fall off after that. Not really overly impressive to me, if your running above 4500 rpm most of the time then ya they would help out but who really runs their boat at that speed for more than a couple of minutes. Most are lucky to see 4500 rpm IMHO.

equal runners????
no there not they make no such claim and you can look and see there not, #1 and #4 are and #2 and #3 are but there not equal from #1-2or3. JMO from a trained eye's point of view, from sitting at a CAD station doing design work for twenty years.

My logs do have equall length runners for every cyclinder and if you really think the ports on the logs are straight you need to think again because they are not.

So the polish will look nice and you will see some weight and
perfomance gains from the Hi-teks but to clain they are superior to all log style exhaust no their not JMO.

If you want to send $1387 for powder coated or $1687 for polished shiped to gain two usuable HP that's fine with me they will look nice for a while. But you can't buy or find what I have and for 400 bucks, 150 for elbows and another 100 for the machining looks like a 50% savings to me JMO. Guess you forgot I looked at the hi-tek's long before I bought what I did or before you became a dealer for them, wait your not their dealer yet forgot about sorry hopefully it works out and you can sell more than the first four and keep that dealership going with them. JMHO.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 2:44pm
Here is the dyno in question:

This report is for an Indmar small block Chevy. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison with our small block Fords (and big block Chevys).

JR_VIC saw great results going to these headers. He has increased 700 RPM and 6 MPH with the addition of the Hi-Teks and a DUI ignition. I have very high hopes for these!

These are the only option that us Ford guys have when it comes to high performance manifolds, unless you are lucky enough to find a used/NOS set of Edelbrock, Barr Marine or Kodiak headers.

Compared to the cost of other new performance manifolds (aluminum or SS), the Hi-Teks are priced very competetively. It is not uncommon for the Donzi/offshore crowd to dump $2500-5000 on a set of BBC headers. For a new set of Indmar ETX aluminum manifolds (Mastercraft exclusive, SBC only) it will cost $1700+.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 2:55pm
We won't have to wait long for this argument to be moot. Tim's performance numbers this spring will end any speculation on these headers. Tim, I'm assuming you'll do timed runs with the stock and again with the new headers in a controlled environment for us? The numbers won't lie - if they are a waste of money or an amazing bolt-on, we'll know soon.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Tim, I'm assuming you'll do timed runs with the stock and again with the new headers in a controlled environment for us?

Im not sure if this will be possible- the new exhaust system will be built around the Hi-Teks. Since there are slight differences in all the risers (stock PCM vs. PCM HO vs. Indmar) theres no guarantee that both manifolds will line up perfectly. I agree, it would be fun to see the differences though.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 3:22pm
Tim I agree with you in that they are competively priced with other systems on the market and that they are your only option when it comes to SBC I'm just not seeing that much of an improvement to justify the cost, you would be amazed at how much a good ignition system can improve performance when curved properly.

to me you could buy a set of gt-40p heads (400), intake (150), cam (150-200), and dist (400) and get more of a petformance increase ( 3X ) and still spend less money over the hi-tek's
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Tim I agree with you in that they are competively priced with other systems on the market and that they are your only option when it comes to SBF I'm just not seeing that much of an improvement to justify the cost, you would be amazed at how much a good ignition system can improve performance when curved properly.

to me you could buy a set of gt-40p heads (400), intake (150), cam (150-200), and dist (400) and get more of a petformance increase ( 3X ) and still spend less money over the hi-tek's

I completely agree that on a stock motor, there are many other effective upgrades you could that cost less money than the Hi-Teks. I did this myself.

However, since I have already upgraded the ignition/intake/cam/heads, the next logical step is exhaust. I believe that is currently the biggest bottleneck on my motor. I expect that the increase in breathing will make the most of the mods already installed.

Its the only big upgrade left to do- to go bigger would mean a) forced induction/nitrous, or b) stroker. Either of those would require better heads ($1000+) too.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 4:25pm
e-mailed the guy on the pump through 200 at him haven't heard back yet.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 4:43pm
79, you were not asked to be a partner in this purchase, keep the manifolds you have and let us spend the money.
Do you understand the concept of "contempt before investigation"
And yes i beleive you got a sunburn on your way to the beach,whales stay in the water, that way they don'y sunburn,or they use SPF45............boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 6:12pm
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 9:36pm
That is the 79 we all know, somebody get the tranquilizer gun!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic