Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More Problems with my H.I.N.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Problems with my H.I.N.
    Posted: June-12-2007 at 10:59am
well just for those of you who know my delima with my HIN i have additional problems

that great state of oklahoms royally screwed up my 12 number registered boat HIN as follows

Number per CC -   CTC01016M77-8-17MS
Number per State - 1C01016M7781

ugh - so know i have to argue with the state over the correct HIN when i already have a HIN that looks like Chit!

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2007 at 11:18am
77, Sounds as if you have opened a can of worms.In La.modification of any HIN is reason for seizure of said vessel.
The mistake will always be the fault of the owner,You have to prove that YOU OWN SAID VESSEL.
Although close the numbers don't match,"follow me to the bank boy, and we will sort this thing out"The boys here don't play with HIN modification...........boat dr
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2007 at 11:29am
it should be obvious to anyone at the tag agency that the orginal registor screwed up
in that "1C0" doesnt even meet the federal requirements that the first three letters equal the manufactures code.

additionally i shouldnt have any problem documenting with a letter from CC that the engine serial number matches with my pleasurecraft tag.

plus and lastly after removing the gel the HIN is clearly visable

i dont know - in my opinion clearing the item up may be a hassle but i think it will get resolved.

Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2007 at 5:56pm
I'm also in OK.On my old Sanger the first time I had title done in my name the typo'd it Sangor never could get em to change it.

Munday
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2007 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Munday Munday wrote:

I'm also in OK.On my old Sanger the first time I had title done in my name the typo'd it Sangor never could get em to change it.

Munday

i called the east side tag here in tulsa who originally did the title transfer. surprisingly they seemed pretty helpful. manager said she needed to contact the OTC and let them research the error and that i would most likely simply have to bring in the errored title and they would issue me a corrected one.

where are located in OK munday?
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 8:04pm
Sorry stang never revisited your post.
I'm in Edmond we have a cabin at eufaula near the porum landing area.

Hope your vin deal works out

Munday
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic