Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How sick is this motor ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How sick is this motor ?
    Posted: June-13-2007 at 9:38am
I ran a compression check on my OMC 350 and found the #8 cylinder was 130 psi, all the other cylinders were between 145 and 155. I did not have the motor warmed up when I checked the compression like I should have. The plug from the #8 cylinder had some black gunk built up on it, the other plugs looked good, kinda brownish.

I put eletronic ignition on it this spring and I have a mid RPM miss above 3000 RPM goes away at WOT. Could this low cylinder be part of my problem? Everything else in the ignition system is new or fairly new and in good condition.

how bad is it?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 9:41am
They are all within the recommended 20% of one another. How many hours are on it?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 10:19am
I am not sure, I have had the boat starting on my second season. I looked through the old service records and the motor was replaced with a long block in 1993. The boat hour meter reads ~ 434 hrs. My guess the long block was a remanfactured block that the marina used to replace the bad existing block.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic