NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

!!!Project 80 Ski!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
Author
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2007 at 4:20pm
www.fordstrokers.com, call up woody it's all he does all day every day
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
MarineSRT8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2007 at 3:28pm
So Ive been thinking on it for a while and so far I have cut no corners in the build except for the bottom end. Well consider the corner un-cut. I am going with a full Eagle rotating assembly and stroking it out to 408 CID...So if anyone needs a polished and balanced crank shaft and pistons(.030 over) let me know, I have all bearings needed minus rings
"Some people go an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem"

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 7:31pm
I dont think orange or red, I am thinking color shifting paint, or at least a pearl or sparkle enhanced job. Although its not particularily hard or expensive to add sparkle to gel yourself so maybe I am off base... I doubt he will come clean now though I think he is going to keep it under wraps until finished.
-Joe
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Geno Geno wrote:

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Originally posted by MarineSRT8 MarineSRT8 wrote:

because the paint is going to be a color that would cost too much to be gelled.

Pete I strongly suggest you follow the rest of this thread sitting down and without a full stomach, I don't think we are going to see much of keep it original from here on out...

LMAO!!!!!

I feel for Pete.

Hey - I'm a groupie now!

Ok, It's going to be ether a orange or red color and you've run out of money after buying all the engine goodies twice!!

Joe, I'm OK! Remember I've seen Atom Skiers glassed and painted with homemade towers on them! I also can't forget the Compact with the blower on it ether.

Geno, You being new you may have missed those boats. I'll have to see if I can dig up the pictures!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Pete I strongly suggest you follow the rest of this thread sitting down and without a full stomach, I don't think we are going to see much of keep it original from here on out...

LMAO!!!!!

I feel for Pete.

Hey - I'm a groupie now!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 5:14pm

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 4:39pm
because the paint is going to be a color that would cost too much to be gelled. So The hull will be brought back to stock and then painted over....completely...topside too
"Some people go an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem"

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 1:59pm

8122, the hull is getting gelled and then painted. I dont want to give away too much because that will revealed in the spring

Nathan, Why are you gel coating and then painting? Or do you mean gel coating and then painting the graphics back on?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 1:53pm
8122, the hull is getting gelled and then painted. I dont want to give away too much because that will revealed in the spring

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 11:06am
jbear give me a call about pricing and specs from your boat......1-318-386-2825
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 2:29am
dr; How much for a set of those brackets? I am hoping to get a new platform and would love to switch out the brackets.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 10:26pm
Yes I do, I am the Southern Distributor , talked to Janet today.Have sold quite a few sets to CCFans and thru the shop..
Found out today this is not all they build.They are an alm. and S/S fab shop, and can and will build just about anything you can draw and afford.........
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 9:56pm
Sorry boat doc I thought you were handling them directly..
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 7:22pm
Mr. Bragg, he needs to go thru Janet for the platform brackets. She will give him a better deal than I could...........
Alloy Marine 1-530-247-7530
Mark Jessup just received his and says" They look and fit better than I had hoped"
One more happy camper in the CCFan forum...........
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 6:28pm
Nathan, So far you have talked a lot about the plans you have for the engine. What are you doing with the hull? Buffing? Painting? Re gel?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 6:19pm
Nathan,

Seems how you have the platform removed to work on the back. Are you going to consider getting a set a removable platform brackets from the Boat Doc?
84zz4ss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84zz4ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 11:09am
Really looking good Nathan. Keep the pics coming.

Scott
Thanks

Scott
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 1:37am
Nathan - looking good, stay on it and you will have a sweet looking boat. My apologies for the threadjack that starts....now

John (JMurph) - sorry, haven't been playing close attention. I am an hour or so south of you in St Mary's County - drive through Crofton often.

The Potomac has it's challenges, awareness and survival instinct come in handy. I'm lucky to have cellphone numbers for most of the MPD Harbor Patrol guys, but I know that won't help in a catastrophic incident. Work hard at keeping it safe for my guests. Glad you liked the pics.

Nathan - once again, my apologies for the thread jack - but it does help to keep it alive. Like you are doing with your Nautique...

Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 12:23am
looks good
So what winks and f**k's like a tiger?
www.facebook.com/sabre002

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2007 at 8:57pm
Got a few updated pictures for everyone. Trying to keep this thread from going stale...

Starting the prep process for the body work

Now that the rear graphics are gone its on to the sides!!!

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 10:52pm
I can not say for sure that it would be a LQ4 or not. Yes all the Gen III motors parts will interchange everything from the 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0. Then you get into the Gen IV motors 6.0, 6.2, and 7.0 still lots of parts carry over from the Gen III motors but you need to watch out head will not go back to the other motors becasue of the 4" bore they went to but that is nothing to worry about.

Joe I'm working on my bottle in the bag hahah
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Sabre002 Sabre002 wrote:

YES it is! Its a iron block GM 6.0L truck motor with PCM fuel injection. I take it the ZR6 motor is standard rotation correct?

GM has two versions of the 6.0 in a iron block LQ4 low compression and the LQ9 High compression. The LQ4 is cheaper and easyer to come by.

Yes, the ZR6 is standard rotation. I believe PCM also specifies 87 octane for it, so would that indicate LQ4? Looks like most GenIII parts (intake, cam, heads, etc) would bolt on... just preparing myself for when I hit the lottery and pick up a '06+ 6.0L 196.

As an aside, my uncle has the ZR6 in his '04. He said he thinks he may be hitting the rev limiter around 5390 RPM.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 5:01pm
Holy multiple threadjacks Batman!

Call commissioner Keith on the double!!
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by 69 Mustang 69 Mustang wrote:

Reid,

I'm in MD and I want to join the caravan next year.

Also, since I spend some time on the road I have a setup where I don't need to stop - except when I am on 'E'. I will work on retrofitting something that will be "Blondie-friendly".

Mike

Mike,

Reid is correct that I am in your backyard. My family and I are over in Crofton (near Annapolis). We used to have a place on the lower Potomac for a few years, but have decided to do most of our boating down on Lake Gaston in North Carolina. I have three little ones and it's just plain safer and cleaner water at the lake. I did grow up skiing on the rivers here in Maryland and I enjoyed your Labor Day thread.

I'm curious how your Mustang survives in the Potomac River. I'm sure you have to be careful when you go out. I would assume mostly during the week to avoid the heavy boat traffic during the weekends.

I don't see myself joining the caravan to GL though. I would recommend that you and I caravan on Midwest Airlines next year. There are plenty of boats out there and for me to go down to NC first to get my boat just doesn't make any sense. This year was awesome thanks to the hospitality of people like Reid. There are plenty of boats to jump on once you get to GL.

-JMurph (John)

Edit: Sorry for the temporary thread jack.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 4:36pm
Josh is the bad influence that had me looking around for my old nitrous kit after coming back from GL. If I ever talk to him again I might even be tempted to arm it sometime. Still no easy way to temporarily retard the timing with the DUI though so it will have to wait a bit.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by racintj racintj wrote:

There is a couple complete LS2 motors, wiring harness, computer, and all on ebay. That would be a nice powerplant for one of these boats. I'm just not sure where you would mount the six speed tranny...

I just dont see spending the money on a LS2 at this point in time all the other LS1 motors can be had for less and make the same HP with just a cam. But yes I think a LSX anything would be really cool in a mustange haha.
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 4:21pm
YES it is! Its a iron block GM 6.0L truck motor with PCM fuel injection. I take it the ZR6 motor is standard rotation correct?

GM has two versions of the 6.0 in a iron block LQ4 low compression and the LQ9 High compression. The LQ4 is cheaper and easyer to come by.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Sabre002 Sabre002 wrote:

Yea I'm just trying to get reid to let me put a Gen III/IV (LS1 based) GM motor in one of these boats!!!!!

Josh, per our conversation at GL, is the PCM 6.0L ZR6 motor based on the LS1 or LS2?
racintj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racintj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 4:01pm
There is a couple complete LS2 motors, wiring harness, computer, and all on ebay. That would be a nice powerplant for one of these boats. I'm just not sure where you would mount the six speed tranny...
Every day above ground is a Good day.

Lakeland, FL
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 3:56pm
Yea I'm just trying to get reid to let me put a Gen III/IV (LS1 based) GM motor in one of these boats!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
  Share Topic