Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

!!!Project 80 Ski!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
Author
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Originally posted by MarineSRT8 MarineSRT8 wrote:

because the paint is going to be a color that would cost too much to be gelled.

Pete I strongly suggest you follow the rest of this thread sitting down and without a full stomach, I don't think we are going to see much of keep it original from here on out...

LMAO!!!!!

I feel for Pete.

Hey - I'm a groupie now!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Geno Geno wrote:

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Originally posted by MarineSRT8 MarineSRT8 wrote:

because the paint is going to be a color that would cost too much to be gelled.

Pete I strongly suggest you follow the rest of this thread sitting down and without a full stomach, I don't think we are going to see much of keep it original from here on out...

LMAO!!!!!

I feel for Pete.

Hey - I'm a groupie now!

Ok, It's going to be ether a orange or red color and you've run out of money after buying all the engine goodies twice!!

Joe, I'm OK! Remember I've seen Atom Skiers glassed and painted with homemade towers on them! I also can't forget the Compact with the blower on it ether.

Geno, You being new you may have missed those boats. I'll have to see if I can dig up the pictures!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 7:31pm
I dont think orange or red, I am thinking color shifting paint, or at least a pearl or sparkle enhanced job. Although its not particularily hard or expensive to add sparkle to gel yourself so maybe I am off base... I doubt he will come clean now though I think he is going to keep it under wraps until finished.
-Joe
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
MarineSRT8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2007 at 3:28pm
So Ive been thinking on it for a while and so far I have cut no corners in the build except for the bottom end. Well consider the corner un-cut. I am going with a full Eagle rotating assembly and stroking it out to 408 CID...So if anyone needs a polished and balanced crank shaft and pistons(.030 over) let me know, I have all bearings needed minus rings
"Some people go an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem"

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2007 at 4:20pm
www.fordstrokers.com, call up woody it's all he does all day every day
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2007 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Ok, It's going to be ether a orange or red color and you've run out of money after buying all the engine goodies twice!!

I see this boat eventually making its way to my eBay thread...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2007 at 11:21pm
Joe, I am with you on the color, guessing a pearl or something that flips many colors, it will be very interesting to see the end product.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 2:22am
Hey everybody I told all of you that I would keep you updated well.......I was robbed this week and lost my block, rotating assembly, valve train, intake, distributor, gasket set, and non-CC related items a Kimber Stainless 2 .45 caliber...So needless to say the project 80 has been derailed and is on the rocks....
"Some people go an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem"

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 3:16am
That sucks . Must have been someone who knew what you had .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 3:25am
Nathan,

Sorry to hear about that. I recently had a car stolen from me. I was fortunate and got it back, but it is one of the worst feelings ever to have your stuff stolen.

My guess is you are no quitter and you will find a way to get your project done.

Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 11:34am
Marine.
Did they get the Hi Teks too...........
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 12:26pm
Nathan,
Sorry to hear you have been victimized,
Do you have any ideas as to the perp. I am inclined to agree with P/allen, someone knew what you had.
hasbeenskier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 10:29pm
Doc,
My Hi-Teks havent arrived yet so happily no they did not.
NO I am not a quitter, this boat is being done in memory of my mother and I will not give up on my dreams because of a faceless coward!
BJ,
I have no idea I believe I was being watched while storing my gear and they just waited until the right moment.

CC fans dont know how soon Ill get back on track but rest assured that the Project 80 Ski WILL be on the water next summer!!!

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 7:19am
Nathan,

I never thought you were the quitting type, especially with what is driving you on this project.

Good luck, to the degree that I can assist, I will.

Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2007 at 2:52am
She's back on track. Just sent her off to the shop for the gel work and paint job today. Picked up some of my interior yesterday lookin great. Scrapin together some cash for the NEW engine....I guess the best way to look at it is lesson learned.

Ive got a question gear heads. Where can I get a center sump oil pan and a new fly wheel...or at least part numbers for them so I can find them...thanks a million

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 1:33am
Heres just a taste of the next few months!!!!

Im back on track now and itching to get back into the rebuild! ! ! ! !

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 1:22pm
MarineSRT8 what did the price tag on those end up being with the increased cost of materials? If you don't mind my asking.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 1:54pm
Material Cost isnt nearly the problem that the us-aus exchange rate is getting to be, but I too am interested in current costs. Glad to see they have eliminated the old sticker, I always though it was out of place.
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 4:01pm
The AUD price was exactly 2000.00 which ended up being approx. $1600 shipped. They are beautiful, I saw in other threads that people had trouble with fitment thats a bummer but just looking at the finished product I can tell Allen takes pride in what he does!

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 4:04pm
Price looks to be similar, if not better than when we bought them in the spring. The polished sure looks nice.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 9:07pm
Those Hi-teks look kinda like the ones Reid had laying around his shop collecting dust!!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 9:16pm
Reids were powder coated, 87 and I were the only ones to spring for the polished ,,,,,,,,,
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 10:28pm
MM: You to busy to get on much? Blondie back in school?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2007 at 8:47am
Its been a while but between deployments and trying to balance all this work on the boat she's about 3 to 4 months from being complete. I just sent the block and rotating assembly to Charleston to be balanced and blueprinted. 408 CID, It should be together and running in about 2 months boat looks great. Ill get picks of the interior and engine as they come but the body stays secret for now!

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2007 at 5:24pm
Hope you've keep yourself safe during deployment...thanks for what you guys do.

Keep them pics coming.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2007 at 12:17am
I promise pictures will be coming soon I just got the trailer back from the shop powder coated it looks amazing. Will have a short block together in a couple of weeks!!!!

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2007 at 10:37am
Hey Marine! We are waiting.
bj
hasbeenskier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 12:38am
UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES!!!!!......408 ci's of Ford Racing Power!!!

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 12:40am
I was actually thinking about this boat yesterday. Looks nice.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 12:51am
Is that fuel pump a marine unit?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
  Share Topic