FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lost Lake Four-Man Foot

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost Lake Four-Man Foot
    Posted: October-03-2007 at 2:13pm
Last night marked the season finale for the Lost Lake crew (Tim, Brad, Larry and myself). We made the best of it. Leaving the boom at the dock we managed several multiple long-line runs and one four-man ... all behind Brad's stock '86 SN - stock 351, stock Federal prop. Special thanks to Erich for driving!

Here is the video from last night:
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 2:47pm
You guys are looking pretty smooth, Larry is my new hero, cool shades man.   

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 3:07pm
As Keith put it this morning- an EPIC ending to the season!
Thanks for the video Keith
-Brad
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 3:11pm
Damn I love this sport. You guys look awesome, lots of black back there.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 3:29pm
This site has got me hooked on footin again, and thanks to HW and Johhny for getting me out there. We need to get started early next year guys and really get after advancing everyone's skiing and learning some new tricks, or in my case relearning old ones I see lots of boom time on the horizon.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 3:32pm
Nice work Boy's!! Very impressive all that behind Brad's stock boat and the table looks really sweet. Looks like the Midwest contingent is going to need to step it up a notch to keep up with you guy's, time to strip everything out of the 206 and find a 100lb driver so we can get 6!
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 4:06pm
Excellent boys!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

time to strip everything out of the 206 and find a 100lb driver so we can get 6!

That 39mph rocketship will have to go on a serious diet to pull 6. I think the NE crew should be able to find a boat that will pull a half dozen without much of a problem. JBear and Backfoot will have to make the trip up here to complete the east coast squad.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 4:08pm
Awesome work guys. Keith, the video is great. Thanks.

Just keep in mind that even though your season is done, there's an open invitation to anybody on this site to come out footin' if you get to central FL at some point this winter. I'm sure I could talk JBear into joining us too.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Very impressive all that behind Brad's stock boat and the table looks really sweet.

I was impressed with the boat as well. I wasnt sure if a 240hp would get it done, but it held a solid 36mph with 4 of us back there- and none of us are lightweights. Triple deeps were no problem either. I was pleasantly surprised with the 2001 table this year- waaay nicer than my '90.

After watching the video again, I realized that I didnt take many turns in the boat. Im sorry if I was a hog last night (but not that sorry).
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 5:32pm
I wonder if your top speed would increase 1 or 2 mph if you were all on a low pull.

How do tumble so fast Tim?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 5:34pm
Man, you guys are good. Brad, you must feel pretty good about that old, stock 351. Are you pulling off the pylon? I don't remember you having a tower?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I wonder if your top speed would increase 1 or 2 mph if you were all on a low pull.

That was one of the things I mentioned last night. The extended pylon gives the footers an upwards pull and also brings the bow of the boat up a little, so its a win-win for speed. Our '92 (285hp) pulled 4 around the same speed (~37), so this might have been the difference maker. Beforehand, I wasnt sure if Brads boat would pull it- but it did great.

Not sure how I tumble so fast. Maybe because Im sideways by the time my ass hits the water. I tend to come around fast and plant hard, so my endo at the end of the video is not especially uncommon.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 5:44pm
I'd also like to mention, it looks like Brad has a load in his pants in all these videos! Maybe it looks that way because of his stance, and/or he's just wearing some nice puffy extra shorts underneath.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Are you pulling off the pylon? I don't remember you having a tower?

Riley- We have an extended pylon (SkyJack clamp-on style) that we pull from long line. I hear it helps but I haven't really noticed any difference between that and the standard height pylon.

Yeah- I was pretty impressed. The deep water start with 3 deep was fine. We may have been able to start all 4 deep.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 6:09pm

I'd also like to mention, it looks like Brad has a load in his pants in all these videos! Maybe it looks that way because of his stance, and/or he's just wearing some nice puffy extra shorts underneath.

Thanks for pointing that out HWood...Only a guy who wears a bright pink barefoot suit would notice my low, "loaded" stance
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 6:18pm
I will drive im only 125;) haha. That was some sweet footin. Most people would crap if they saw people footin 4 wide on a public lake.
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 6:28pm
Thanks for posting the video. You guys look great out there.

Kyle
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 6:31pm

Check out the handle position, about as close to perfect as it gets. Besides that Tim's a stud.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 6:38pm
Great vid. Way to stick it to the MidWest. If we had only gotten some good water in our Fall Footin Frenzy...
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 7:42pm
If James, his brother jake, and myself are part of the midwest contingent, we're going to need some serious HP's, or an 80lb fourth footer.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 11:51pm
You four guys looked great out there. The water getting that cold up your way already that your ending the season so soon. Seemed like you were having to much fun to quit now.

Tull,
I think we can throw a four man deep up behind either of our BFN's no problem. ON good smooth water of course. Still time yet this year to show them. You guys can make a stop down here or we could most likely make another run up there. Not to be greedy but if you were healthy we could maybe get five.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 12:18am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

The water getting that cold up your way already that your ending the season so soon. Seemed like you were having to much fun to quit now.

Nah- We're still skiing till the water level drops which is usually a week after Columbus Day. Was the last day that we could all get togehter as a crew. I'll be back out Friday morning- Tim, set your alarm buddy!

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 11:55am
MI is definitely Midwest. Lefty has some sons that can step in, one of them is even registered on this site so he's legit.

For having 1/2 your line rookies, you guys get extra points. We will really have to step it up, 5 man flyer!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 12:11pm
Are there any bridges at GL? We might have to make this a little more interesting.

I know this doesn't qualify, but I'm trying to locate a video of a group of us doing a 12 man behind a Hydrodyne. It was powered by twin 250's.
It may be a while, my wife stored (lost) the tape. When I find it, I'll post.

Lefty.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 12:13pm
Nice video guys.

We should have a few more outings, we'll try to get a nice movie together with some bitchin tunes.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 12:28pm
Lefty, I'm assuming that's your foot line for your show? All steps right? Our line was (started with) 12, 20' dynaski trip 150s. I don't think we have enough power to put anymore guys back there with that rig.

For years I've been trying to find a picture from a helicopter of a Malibu Echelon pulling ~15 guys off 2 booms. Anyone have a copy?

Our pontoon boat will probably end up with a hardtop (might be 10 years from now), pretty much for the ladies to tan and the guys to do flyers off of.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 1:05pm
Wood
It was after a tournament in Warsaw Indiana. We all (13) did sitting dock starts with two skis. The interesting thing was that it is a private 23 acre lake, Hidden Lake, owned by a guy on the Lake City team. We started on the dock, got up, took a sharp turn and gassed the boat. We were only footing for about 400' before we had to shut the boat down.
The group was made up with guys from 4 different teams. Our team's barefoot line is typically 7 guys, at the most.
Lefty
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 3:10pm
Awesome video guys! Wow you rookies have come a long way. We have some work to do if we're gonna keep up with you. We still have a few weeks left in the season, but expect a PLBC video when the boats are out.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 10:51pm
Lost Lake will never be the same!!! Brad, Keith, you guys have made leaps and bounds. I have to get a piece of the action early next spring, fellas. You all look slick out there. Tim, Larry, fantastic job as usual. Any room for one more behind that '86er, Brad? You'll need to show me the long line start. Damn, it's going to be a long winter!

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic