Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fish Nautique Wake

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1990air View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1990air Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish Nautique Wake
    Posted: November-27-2007 at 2:35am
Can anyone tell me how the wake is behind a fish nautique?

I'm looking at buying a 1987 Fish Nautique to replace my 1990 196. I live on the Gulf, wakeboard, wakesurf and want to fish.
Natron
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 10:02am
Natron, The closest boat to the Fish that I could remember that someone set up to use for wake boarding is this one:
20' Marauder
Try emailing him.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 11:24am
1990air, I have a Cuddy Nautique that has the identical hull of a Fish. Very poor wakeboard wake, it washes out at the crest making a poor launch wake. We tried some wakesurfing with marginal success. We needed more weight (people) in the boat. I think we might be able to get a decent wakesurf wake with some trial and error.

I love this boat on the open water, it handles great and has a super ride. It is a wet boat though with a tendence to throw water forward causing spray to come back into the cockpit when running into the wind.

Here is picture of the wake at wakeboard speed

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 12:03pm
We tried surfing behind Nautique John's Fish while visiting Reid this summer, we had 6 or 7 people in the boat and moved the bodies all over trying to find the right setup, not much success but was still a lot of fun, my guess would be if weighted quite a bit you could probably get it to work OK.
1990air View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1990air Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 12:22pm
WOW FAST RESPONCE!!
Not the one I was looking for. Where is that one guy that has one SET UP!!?? Because I can't afford 2 boats and i wand to be able to go fishing!!
Natron
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

not much success but was still a lot of fun, my guess would be if weighted quite a bit you could probably get it to work OK.

Actually, I thought the wake cleaned up better when we distributed the weight instead of all of us in the back corner. The wake still sucked however.
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2007 at 3:50am
Here's a few pics of when we tried surfing behind the Fish down at Reid's this summer to give you an idea of what the wake looks like.

1990air View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1990air Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2007 at 11:34am
Thanks for the pictures and info. I think this one in a no brainer. I'm looking at Super AIR now. 1999-2001. Going to shut this Forum Down soon. THANKS FOR ALL UR HELP!!
Natron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic