Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT-40 Heads

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT-40 Heads
    Posted: November-29-2007 at 2:59am
I have a set of PCM GT-40 heads that i bought from JRVic on planet nautique about three months ago. He had a full valve job done on them and put I think about 200 hours on them. I was going to put them on my 2001 over the winter but I sold the boat and upgraded to a Super Sport. It already has a GT motor so I do not need them. This is a nice power upgrade and a easy bolt on. Great winter project....

I would like to get $500 OBO.

Brad
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"
mjess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2007 at 8:24pm
Brad
Did you sell the GT-40 Heads?
ski naut
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2007 at 2:00am
Still available.
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"
Bigcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2007 at 4:31pm
Brad, I left you a message last week. I am interested in the heads. Could you provide a photo.

If everything looks good I would go $400.

Thanks,
Bigcity
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2007 at 2:07am
I will get some pictures posted by tomorrow evening. I left my camera at work.

Brad
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"
Bigcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2007 at 4:58pm
Brad,my motor is a 1994 351w carbed I believe 260hp with approximately 245 hrs. My understanding is that the heads are a staright forward bolt on upgrade that would work with the stock intake and carb set up and boost hp to 290.

I am looking for a little more jam and top end.

Thanks for the help.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2007 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Bigcity Bigcity wrote:

Brad,my motor is a 1994 351w carbed I believe 260hp with approximately 245 hrs. My understanding is that the heads are a staright forward bolt on upgrade that would work with the stock intake and carb set up and boost hp to 290.

I am looking for a little more jam and top end.

Yup, the GT40 heads will do just that. Also consider adding an Edelbrock Performer intake manifold (new for $170, used for ~$100) at the same time. Another easy 10hp since you have it apart and putting on new gaskets anyways.
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2007 at 1:31pm
well crap I knew I forgot to do something. I got busy last night with the kids and totally forgot. I promise I will do it tonight. I called my wife to remind me. I knew she would come in hand one day......
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2007 at 1:47am
Here are some pictures. You should be able to make out the GT in the casting.

2001 SAN
"Python Powered"
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2007 at 2:25pm
well the most import part is what you didn't show and that is the three bars on the end, yours look to only have two.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2007 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

well the most import part is what you didn't show and that is the three bars on the end, yours look to only have two.

I see 3. The GT is also indicative of the GT40 heads. Coming from JR_VIC, these heads are legit.
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2007 at 4:50pm
they have three. I thought the GT stamp was more important......
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"
Bigcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2007 at 5:13pm
Brad, thanks for getting the photo's together.

After all that and having done a little more research I am going to go with the GT40P's from Tristatecylinder for $598 a pair. I am going to also take your advice and get the Edelbrock performer intake #2181.

Looking forward to feeling the improvement.

Thanks again,

Bigcity
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 1:41am
I have heard that the GT40P is a good head, but I was going to accecpt your offer at $400. If you want to save 198 let me know. By the way that would pay for a edelbrock intake.

Brad
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"
Towman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 5:10am
Brad If Bigcity is not interested I am a buyer.
E mail me @ jimmmya@verizon.net what would the best payment method be and shipping $$$ to 02816
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 8:15pm
Let me get a shipping quote and I will email you. Probably gonna be monday afternoon.

Brad
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"
Towman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 2:46am
Thanks Brad payment is on the way
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2007 at 4:06pm
Heads have been sold. Thanks...
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic