NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone named your Nautique?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone named your Nautique?
    Posted: February-09-2008 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

im a closet ford fan, i owned a couple mustangs over the years, i cant believe im admitting that,

im inspired im going to look at your trans

im inspired im going to look at your trans

Eric, how'd that inspiration workout? Are you still figuring it will be complete by the middle of Febuary?
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2008 at 8:58am
The bat wing that overtons and others sell was banned here on Lanier when a little girl had a bad day.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2008 at 2:00am
In the West Shore Water Ski Club we were fairly heavy into kites in the 70's & 80's. Had 2 Flat wings and a couple members had Delta's. Flew and crewed them a bit...what a thrill. We flew an act in a show once where we pulled all three behind one boat. Also had a guy, Steve Henderson I believe that flew the flat wing in our shows with a girl under him in a swing. Pretty impressive when he flew by. We also owned a Parasail for a few years. These things are fun but lots of work for the crew. We were lucky (and careful) dr...we never hurt anyone either except maybe a few bumps and brusies.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2008 at 12:16am
The kite tube was pulled off the market.

Rob
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2008 at 12:08am
About 30 years ago the local ski team was putting on a show on a fairly narrow river. The kiter didn't make the turn & was killed when he hit the tree.

Fortunately safety planning is now an integral part of organized water sports.

On a separate note, wasn't there a 'flying tube' that they took off the market last summer?

Just what a teenager needs!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 11:16pm
Most welcome John!
1988 BFN-sold

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 10:07pm
has anyone been tothis site?

this is a test. Thanks BuffaloBFN
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 8:06pm
No no Buffalo, I'll be the nutcase driving the boat.
How did Danny Glover say it in "Lethal Weapon"? Oh yes, I remember: "I'm getting too old for this sh*t!"

K
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 8:00pm
[QUOTE=Kristof] Me and some certified nutcases in the club are gonna try something with a delta wing this summer
QUOTE]
All that language ability wasted...what a shame?!!?   LOL
1988 BFN-sold

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 7:47pm
Me and some certified nutcases in the club are gonna try something with a delta wing this summer

And Doc, we also have a 4 man parachute crew, no accidents yet.
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 7:38pm
Para sailing from a jeep sounds thrilling. You must wonder sometimes why you're still here.

Anybody got any experience with kites? I new some older guys when I was a kid that had one. They would take off from the beach on short skis. I drove for one of them one day and what a chore. Constant throttling and pretty intense driving. I was glad when we got back to shore. You couldn't have paid me enough to go up in that.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 5:03pm
You should have never let Brownie drive the jeep, hell I don't think I'd let him drive the boat either.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 4:06pm
The best Para-Sailing story I have was some years ago, I was in my late teens early twenty's, my buddy had a Sail and we would pull it behind his CJ-5 from the roll cage front bar, we typically did it on side roads with corn fields on both sides however one side did have telephone poles. On one particular day I was the observer in the Jeep and we had the sail up and going along when a big wind gust pulled us off the edge of the road, the Jeep raised on 2 wheels a couple times as we drifted into the culvert, the driver did an outstanding job getting the tires back on the ground and the Jeep back up on the road, it was a crazy ride.

On another day it was my turn in the chute, my knucklehead buddies were fumbling with the chute trying to figure out if it was right side up or not, when the Jeep took off to launch me we quickly learned they had it wrong, I ran as fast and far as I could and when I could no longer keep up I basically barefooted across the pavement managing to stay upright until I ended up in the culvert and the driver finally stopped.

We had some great times with that thing and miraculously we never got hurt too bad.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 3:11pm
Hahaha, after all the starting problems I had prior to GL this past summer. I fondly named my boat "Correct Crap"... Hell, my wife still calls it that hahahaha..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 2:56pm
Speaking of doing stupid things with a chute...
at 11 years old I went up in a chute with the Ski Team (large group that used skiiing as an excuse to get together and drink!) my parents belonged too. Here's the stupid part. They decided I was too light, so they strapped bricks to my feet with bicycle inner tubes. We did water landings, so it was a real trash to get the bricks off once I hit the water. Times sure change, I can't imagine letting my son (he's only 7 now) do anything like that. On the flip side though, we have friends that look at me like I am crazy because I let him water ski.
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 2:55pm
Not that I have the the opportunity or inclination to do that, you give good info Billy on just how involved it is and that you have to know what you're doing. If only that word could get out to everyone like Joe watched.

I did it commercially once down in Mexico. Thought it was great.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 2:27pm
Pete , we use a 4 person flight crew.
One being the beach captain,
Fitting the harness,
proper stance and resistance to the tow rope
How to release harness from the risers
total control over the launch

Chute control crew'
One person per side holding chute open
one person at center vent

As you can see you need a knowledgeable flight crew for a safe launch, and retreive.We never fly in winds over 5 knts. too bumpy and the pucker factor for me way too high.
I have not hurt anyone yet after 100 or so flights.............
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 1:49pm
We once stopped to watch someone about to launch a paracute when I was about 18 and working at a summer camp, I was on a boat full of competative simmwers/lifeguards/skiing intructors after camp going skiing. We sat there watching them set up and after about 5 minutes we came to the conclusion they way they were doing in could not possibly work but we couldnt quite convince ourselves we should stop them before someone got hurt, as they were "adults" and surely they had done this before. Well at least we were there to pull the three that ended up tangled in the chute under water behind the boat out, one of them who was the actual flyer and dragged through 3 or 4 different dock poles we backboarded but they only ended up with serious bruises. A spotter came out scraped and the other with a broken arm. Paracute a total loss.   

I still spend most of my time working on engines or on the water with the same two guys that were on that boat with me and we have a solid policy of always asking a question if we think someone is about to do something stupid even if we are not sure, worst case scenario we learn something every now and then we keep one of us from doing something stupid.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 1:20pm
Doc, I know how important a good launch area is as well as a driver who pays attention. I have a close friend that was attempting a beach start and the chute didn't inflate. The tow boat pulled her over the beach, pier and then through the windshield of another boat that was parked at the end of the pier. She to this day is physically bothered by the injuries and this occurred back in the late 70's!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 1:08pm
Eric, till you either fly or see it done words cannot explain the thrill....
I have a 26 foot WaterHopper, I had the boat to do it ,just wanted to try before I got too old.
No sport compares to the thrill nor the Quiet, and Gentle ride that is involved.
Takes a crew of 5 to fly and the recovery procedure a little trickey,aka water drop.
A good launch area is a must , but there is a great spot close to home.If you want to see how "BAD" or strong your boat is hook a "chute to it.
Much the reason for building the stroker, not for the speed as much as for the "pure grunt"
I have pulled it now for 3yrs. with lottsa fliers and I have only been up 8 or 10 times.It is very stressfull and pointed as to ....DRIVER PAY ATTENTION.....
What a hoot.................Boat dr
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 12:43pm
Is pulling a parachute the same as tubing?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 11:02am
Yes Riley, we have those same stupid restrictions too... I would love to have a correct trailer Makes the boat look great when you're hauling it!

And these trailers do not come cheap either... You'd have to pay plus minus 7000,00 USD for one

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 11:00am
Oh, and Eric, you will get to tube! We have a few average tube pullers over here

(Could'nt resist that one...!)

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 11:00am
Kristof, really nice looking SN, but too bad you have to have that trailer. I know a guy in Germany that has bought 2 new ski boats and he has a trailer like that also. He said it was because of strict requirements in Germany for trailers. He couldn't import a correct one. Is that the case with yours? He tows his with a BMW also. I've never seen that around here.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 5:38am
62 Wood,
You don't speak Dutch?? Hard to imagine...
Pictures say more than a thousand words...
Yes we run propane in our boats, and they run fine. Propane is about one third of the price of gas, that way we do not have to get a loan each summer Lots of cars here also run on propane, like my previous one.
BTW, my wife gave me a strange look when she read your signature...

Eric,
I'm sure I could get along fine in yours too! Unlike 62 Wood, I can understand your language hahaha.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 11:12pm
Kristof,
I checked out your skicub site... didnt understand a word of it. BUT the pics are pretty universal! Nice...

So, you guys run propane in your boats?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 9:47pm
i think i would get along just fine in your country
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 6:02pm
Eric,
If you come over, we'll make sure it's worth your while...
Stay for the weekend, and we'll have some fun...
And... don't forget: not only do we have the best chocolate in the world; the saying goes: "Belgium is for beer, what France is for wine"!!

And needless to say, this goes for everyone of you great guys on this site!

Kristof

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 6:38pm
will i get to tube?
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 6:34pm
I'm in the army. Been on tanks for ten years, deskjob now. But sollicited for a new job: analising satellite images.

Estonia pretty far away... like 2300 km (since all of you are using inches, feet and miles, I'll use cm,m and km )
Do you have Google Earth? Search for Bree, Belgium...

It is possible they have a factory in Bruges.

I haven't been to the states yet, but a friend of mine who is an american living here, is going back to the states. Once he's settled in there, he'll invite me to come over..

But... no bashing allowed on vacation!!!

If ever you still have the intention to come to that factory from Twin Disc here, do let me know. I'll come pick you up and you're invited to stay at our house and make a tour on our river and lake!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic