NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone named your Nautique?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 10:57pm
Eric, Good comeback from a good sport. And if this badgering doesn't inject you with some good motivation, nothing will. I hope I'm never on the receiving end of Doc's wrath as he's brutal, but Mark hammers me worse than he does anyone, so I've got no sympathy there.
Someone, even if it's not Lavine Marine, does need to build a Bowtie as we need some parity. Quite a few years back, there was a 400 SBC Tique at the Orlando Reunion.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 12:07am
This has nothing to do with CC's, but it is a name that I would want put on a boat where the situation right, such as...

I had a friend who bought a large houseboat that he used on a river to party with his buddies. My suggestion for a name was SinKing. The only drawback I can see is that it is probably bad luck to name a boat something like that.
"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 1:28am
Mark: Surely you have forgotten where your trans is for service. Oh well...maybe Keith's boat will be running so you have something for GL.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 2:38am
I know of two really neat wooden inboards; one a special award winning CC almost all of us here have seen, named Wood-N-Work, and another non-CC called Work-N-Wood, which I know I'd love to see. Guess whose those are?   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 10:50am
Names are great for a boat if you have a good name that's relevent. Naming a boat because you think you need a name usually ends up being lame.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 11:34am
we are trying to come up with a name for our fishing boat and i suggested "fish full of dollars"
Reid, Boat doc, against my will how about, "life starts at 50" but then that would mean i would have to name mine "life starts at 55" I hope you guys dont take me seriously, of course if i build one it will be for the sole purpose of.....
"the things you own will start to own you"
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 7:46pm
This is a pic of my 64 when I purchased it... looked like it had been painted with black house paint..

Being an old ford 6 banger, I had thought about naming it "Get inline".

Heres a pic of the ol 'skier in the water after getting it wet-sanded and buffed...

I may paint the name on it someday, but for the time being, decided sometimes less is more?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 8:17pm
Steve, I think you just proved the point. Don't touch it.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 9:34pm
I've never been a fan of names on boats or bumper stickers on cars but my Dad did come up with a good one on his Florida boat.This is a different boat than his redneck Illinois boat from another thread.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I hope I'm on the receiving end of Doc's brutal wrath, but Mark hammers me worse than he does anyone, so I've got no sympathy there.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 12:12pm
Nate, that must be why he's bald. Must have liked having his hair pulled until one day Brutus pulled too hard...
Aemmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 12:29pm
My kids call our boat the "TUB" but we would never put that on the stern. We pull our boat to the lake in the "Adventure Wagon" (the Suburban).
88 2001
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 1:22pm
OK, how about this one for Nateski's boat: M A S T E R N A T E

HW, you what with your long dark "pretend it's a bridle and make me do what you want" hair, I'll deal with you later.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 2:39pm
Reid, grass dont grow on a busy street, im in the club...
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 4:32pm
No problem Eric, and I'm not only a member, I'm the president. I love all the joking and jabbing even when I'm the target. These guys were more than likely picked on and beat up as kids, so this offers them the much needed morale boosting opportunity to dish it out to a handful of deserving big-mouthed old dudes.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 4:48pm
you know the old joke reid, the young cow said to his dad "lets run down and nail that beautiful brown hefer in the pasture'" and the veteran big bull said "lets walk down and nail them all........
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

you know the old joke reid, the young cow said to his dad "lets run down and nail that beautiful brown hefer in the pasture'" and the veteran big bull said "lets walk down and nail them all........

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:22pm
Steve , now the picture is a little clearer....
Is this how Eric and yourself pass the time during winter.....I heard that some of yalls women were a little on the plus size, and had big t*ts , BUT...........
Those long winter nites are not condusive to proper mental health, or so it would seem with Tranny Brains comment and your video clip.Are you and Eric sharing the milk machine???????????????????   boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:27pm
62, all the guys are laughing over here at your shakey utter picture, we love it, that brought up the movie which we cant remember the name, we think it was set in the future and Arnold swarzneager starred in it, the woman had 3 utters, and we were thinking thats in a perfect world
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:29pm
"beat up on as kids..." hahah I'm still a kid...I'm only 22! haha

p.s. I like the M A S T E R N A T E name for theboat, though the only downside is that it's much too close sounding to MasterCr***...& i would never do something like that to my boat...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

that brought up the movie which we cant remember the name, we think it was set in the future and Arnold swarzneager starred in it, the woman had 3 utters, and we were thinking thats in a perfect world

TOTAL RECALL
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:48pm
Billy,

A guys gotta do what a guys gotta do....besides...dont knock it til youve tried it!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 6:14pm
boat doc, aint you gotta wedding to be at? you gotta buy the cow cause the milk aint free no mo, btw are you getting married on the 8th or the 9th?
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I'm not only a member, I'm the president.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 8:22pm
Why is it that MM always has the quickest access to the best alternative lifestyle material??   And how did we digress to this from the naming of Nautiques?

EDIT: MM's latest is somewhat similar to Mr. Garrison's mono-wheeled vehicle invention on SouthPark called the IT. So I was told.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 8:52pm
Reid, he's on shakey grounds, we could delay that trans another month or so, or even put the wrong address on the box or maybe I'll just sell it
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 9:27pm
Naw Eric, for my sake please don't do that, as he'll then be wanting to plant his lime-green-spandex-tights-wearing self in my boat in two weeks.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 9:38pm
I see your point, the less time spent with him the better
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 11:34pm
eric...driving any boat other then a CORRECT CRAFT is like riding a bike without a seat, and you can ask Reid how that feels!!

boat dr, already has a name on the back of his boat and its the best name going!!!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 1:45am
My friends like to refer to mine as the beer nautique haha because CC had somany nautiques ie. cuddy fish ect. I think it would be funny to replace the ski with Beer when I get new decals(just for a picture ofcourse then ski would go back on).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
  Share Topic