NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Campground

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 11:12pm
Reid...im going to stock on a few these for the trip!

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:03am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Think I'll watch the convoy thread and see if we can hook up for the final hours this year.

Same here. Got a new tow vehicle, so maybe I can keep up with the crowd on land at least. I'd be willing to go a little out of the way to roll in the CC convoy.

Rob
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:09am
Mojo

Ran the mileage thru my DOT approved mileage router and from Northside of Indy and with without any traffic in Chicago going by way of I-74 and I-39 thru Madison, WI it is 78 miles greater and only 20 minutes longer in time. Factor in stopping for tolls and traffic I would bet it could be faster. All depends on time of day

By way of I-74 there is 17 miles of tolls & by of Chicago 77 miles each way.

Steve
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:04am
"As of now I am leaning toward the barefoot. The way it sounds, Green Lake can be a little rough & the barefoot will handle that better. Hopefully both are on the water by then. We shall see!"
When Greg first mentioned this he said it would be shorter distance to tow the boat if we took mine....then he said we would have to cover up the name with with a Nautique sticker!
Looking forward to seeing you guys again!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 10:59am
Good deal Tom. But if you guys decide to bring yours, you'll probably want to bring some additional items besides the sticker. Like maybe full body armor, a bunch of those REALLY large fenders, a paper bag, and some NO-DOZ.

As for the campground, I've got sites #27,26,25 and 24 reserved. Party Row!! That's one for me and Laurie, Boaty and Skipper (just one site), one for Marshall (Mark and Lisa- you should slide into that camper one with him), one for Rodney's 'bago (he'll have his light blue '72 Skier), and one for Ruch (don't know what boat he'll have, but probably the Classic, to which I've added 3 more HP so now it's 1/10mph "faster" than Mark. HW, if you're gonna be at Hattie, grab 23.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 11:19am
Reid,
Tom & I are down in the slum section. We have #31 in the tent area. Plans are to leave on Wednesday, finish the trip on Thursday. Start back sometime late on Sunday, finish on Monday.
Greg

86 BFN
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 11:30am
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Reid,
Tom & I are down in the slum section. We have #31 in the tent area. Plans are to leave on Wednesday, finish the trip on Thursday. Start back sometime late on Sunday, finish on Monday.

Sounds like a great plan, might want to bring some wheel chocks for the Trailer there is a bit of a slope there, but a good view of the comings and goings of the boat launch.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 11:41am

Reid,

Are you kidding,,,, Greg..
Down there is where Hollywood and Quinner and Johnny do the 2:30 am interprative dance of the "drunken sailor boys".. You'll have a front row seat.. Hell, you'll be able to sell tickets... hahaha..

"Kidding dudes".. hey, our Friday night boat show will be down on the ramp, so it'll be the place to be that night... Then you'll be slumming Sat night hahaha.

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:06pm
Moj', I thought the Friday night boat show went till 3am??? Don't leave any full coolers around.

I called and left a message for spot 23, right next to the cook.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:09pm
Thanks Joe- wheel chocks were not thought of, but are now on the list. The list I really don't want to miss anything on is the repair/replace list for the trip up & back. Hopefully won't need any of those, but just in case!

Thanks Mojo for the heads up. I will have security on standby!
Greg

86 BFN
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Moj', I thought the Friday night boat show went till 3am??? Don't leave any full coolers around.

I called and left a message for spot 23, right next to the cook.

Hell, I'll be cooking all right... Beer brats and kraut "Ha-Hey-Der".. But that will be down near the water were the skeeters will be munch'n... Oh, don't worry, I don't think there will be any empty coolers!! Well at least in the "Midwest" side of the campground haha..
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 3:01pm
"Midwest" has a better chance of having emply coolers than one might think. We NC folks really like to drink from other folks coolers. That way we always know that we can get a beer from ours when needed.... when others run out.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 10:48pm
Reid, when you get up to Ky,how do you go from there?Louisville on 64 to 65 to Indy or 75 to Cincinnati then to Indy?
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

Reid, when you get up to Ky,how do you go from there?Louisville on 64 to 65 to Indy or 75 to Cincinnati then to Indy?

He dont know he was sleeping with his dogs the whole trip wile Josh did all the driving!
but we did go Cincinnati to Indy and then north!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

He dont know he was sleeping with his dogs the whole trip wile Josh did all the driving!
but we did go Cincinnati to Indy and then north!

Tom, Mark had the printed-out directions and he can't even tell you the route, so you know he was sleeping. I think Lisa drove the whole way for them. As for driving thru Kentucky, ever since I moved from there after divorcing my sister, I've not been allowed to return. So we went up 77 to Charleston to 64 to 35 across Ohio to Dayton to 70 to Indy, etc. Make sense? Where can you hook up with if we follow that same route, or maybe we change to the "I-40 to I-75" route? OK now, I just checked and it's 40miles further and supposedly 23 minutes longer, but we wouldn't have to go thru Dayton which sucked, and would save us alot more than 23 minutes. So as of now, that'll be our new plan/route. Where you going to meet us? I hope this will be OK with Critter as well. Roger, any thoughts?

Last year, our group hit the road after work on Tues about 6 PM. We drove as planned for about 6hrs into WV and took a 5hr cat nap, then hit the trail non-stop til we arrived at Quinner's about 7PM. Got up and arrived in GL sometime around noon. Some folks like to cruise all night when the traffic is nil, some want to enjoy the scenery, but with this distance you're gonna get both unless you take several full days to get there. I anticipate it taking us a good 18 hrs of driving time. So for anyone that's interested in joining in on our caravan, please lets discuss the issues and see how we can best accommodate the most.   I tentatively thought we could leave 6PM from I77/I40 X in NC, drive 6hrs up into KY just south of Lexington, sleep 6hrs, drive 12 more straight having skirted Chitown in the early afternoon putting us is GL about 5-6 PM, and perfect timing for unwinding at the Goose'.       
ReidP
1973 Mustang

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 5:11pm
ReidP,

Sounds good to me. It looks like I77 I40 xroads is 2.5 hours from my house. So I should be able to make that by 6pm without issue.
There are leaders and there are followers and for this trip I will be the follower. So far, from what I have seen posted, it all looks good to me.... except for all the females riding with me. I will already have a wife and 2 female dogs. I will already be doing part.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 6:33pm

Reid,

Greg and Tom, when I wrote my last schpeel above I had forgotten your post here. The two of you together could hook up and drive 12 hrs on Weds, couldn't you. With us hitting IL Weds early afternoon, would that be a day early for some others to possibly join in? The time up there just goes by way too fast, so I'd really like to be up there Weds PM if possible.

Roger, thanks for your flexibility. But I can't believe you won't take one for the good of team so we can limit the onslaught of pee breaks. Well I guess then that they'll have to ride with me as I just found out yesterday that I'm driving Rodney's Winnebago Rialta w/ the 72 Skier up there as he's flying.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

But I can't believe you won't take one for the good of team so we can limit the onslaught of pee breaks. Well I guess then that they'll have to ride with me as I just found out yesterday that I'm driving Rodney's Winnebago Rialta w/ the 72 Skier up there as he's flying.    

If you are in a Winnebago and I am in a Coachman then neither of us have to stop for pee breaks.. Cruise Control is for switching drivers for pee break. Check your manual
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 9:47pm
Reid..Might make for a long day for Greg on Wednesday...its around 7 hrs to Lexington from Atlanta.
I'll do whatever works best for Greg.I get hoked up with him somewhere even if my wife has to drop me along side the interstate somewhere to meet up....lol
Never did understand why it take me 8 hrs to get to his house but only 5.5 to Mooresville...lol
Im sure as time gets closer we will get it worked out.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 10:49pm
Hey skicat....don't worry about having to contact security to protect your camp. Police forces these days have computers that share info so it is a fact that they will know you are in town....be sure your stern light works!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Hey skicat....don't worry about having to contact security to protect your camp. Police forces these days have computers that share info so it is a fact that they will know you are in town....be sure your stern light works!

john

I guess I will never live down trying to be a nice guy. I will have my boat this time & no night time pulling for me!

Greg

86 BFN
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 2:32pm
lol....Jbear...but he didnt say no night time driving did he!
Hes had issues just driving at night on a lake.....lol
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 5:12pm

no night time pulling for me!

Tom: We already know what a cool guy skicat is...meeting both of you guys at Reid's was a treat. But being nice has nothing to do with being a law-breaking scuflaw. I too noticed that he had nothing to say about night-time ski driving. But I'd be concerened about this "pulling" stuff. Hope you guys got seperate tents.

Hope you and yours are fine after the big storm Greg.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 8:58pm
You took that wrong Jbear ...lol....Im just saying you guys took your lives into your own hands that evening...his night time vision on the water is suspect at best....lol
And for him being a law-breaking scuffaw I couldnt agree with ya more!
I talked to Greg and his wife last night after the storm,they were fine but another round of storms is predicted for today.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 2:19am
We survived the storms ok. Had to make a quick run up to help out with the horses at the barn my daughter has her horse, but they all came through ok. This area is a mess looking at the pics on the tv. The other Greg lives up right in the path of the storms, any word Greg? You guys make it through?
Greg

86 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 2:26am
Glad to hear you guys came thru ok.

Hope we hear from the "other" Greg soon. Not like him not to be on here.

Saw the pictures on tv...kinda unbelievable. Did you guys have any weather warnings?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 2:44am
We did have warnings. We were at home with a basement & left to go right where the storm came through to make sure the horses & the ladies at the barn were ok. Doesn't sound like the smart thing to do does it?
Greg

86 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 2:58am
Well you had to help the ladies and the horses. Otherwise you would not have been able to live with yourselves.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 3:26am
Geez..it must have passed over you or around you.Just glad to hear everyone is ok!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 11:50am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Hope we hear from the "other" Greg soon.

Hey guys, I haven't been following this topic with everything else going on. We're fine here and we appreciate yall thinking of us!

Man what a storm! Cat was right earlier in this thread...the center of a cell passed just a couple of miles from here. We had the heaviest rain I've seen north of south florida and marble size hail that accumulated?!!? That's an interesting place to be in the world when the sky turns green...

It turned into a storm party though. I had a few friends who were out working who decided my basement might be a good place to be!

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic