FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Campground

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green Lake Campground
    Posted: March-06-2008 at 8:10pm
For those of you planning to stay at the Hattie Sherwood Campground, we are holding sites through April 15th.

As long as we secure enough sites close to the boat ramp, Friday night's gathering will be at the campground. I have reserved all the strategic sites in that area for our group. When you book your site, let Reggie know you're with the CorrectCraftFan.com Reunion, and request sites 30-38 (those in black on the map below).

Let Dave or I know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 8:18pm
Keith, just a comment, those sites in black are tent camping only. Trailers or motorhomes would have to be in the red areas. I'd hate to see someone show up and not be able to fit in their site.

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 8:21pm
Thanks Alan. I forgot to mention that.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 8:39pm
Good catch Alan,
I read the 1st post and told my wife to call
and get ours changed from 6 to a 30 something.
So we stay where we are.

Roger
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Trailers or motorhomes would have to be in the red areas.

That would be camping trailers, right Alan? We had no problems fitting the truck + trailer lengthwise in a regular camp site last year. Im all booked up for site #29.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2008 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Trailers or motorhomes would have to be in the red areas.

That would be camping trailers, right Alan? We had no problems fitting the truck + trailer lengthwise in a regular camp site last year. Im all booked up for site #29.

Correct Tim, Camping trailers and Motorhome typically go up on the top (red)level of the camground. There's plenty of room for your rig but that probably depends on how many you're bringing!!!

Just a side note to everyone, the campground manager Reggie is new at the campground this year so make sure she knows how big your camper is and gets you in an appropriate site.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2008 at 6:00pm
I booked sites 36 and 37, somebody else beat me to 38 but thats OK 36 and 37 are a closer walk to the goose blind.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 9:58pm
Im all set up for sights 22&21 With my budy Martin .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 11:03pm
Reggie just called me and I'm all set for 33.
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 11:37am
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Good catch Alan,
So we stay where we are.

Roger

Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Good catch Alan,
So we stay where we are.

Roger

Roger, what are you cruising in up to GL? Or are you renting something up there like we are this year. As it draws closer, we can talk more about where we can meet up along the road to re-form our CC-convoy from last year,....good buddy. I can't recall this minute where you're coming out of, I just remember it being east of us, and we're at Lake Norman. It's gonna be fun, esp if we can get a few more to tag along. Hopefully MaddMarxx and Lisa will rejoin. And maybe Greg and Buffalo from Atl, and on and on.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 11:58am
reidp

When would you be be going to GL & do you go by way of Indy? I am leaving Thurs morn. I do not like Chicago so anytime I go to WI to the West I take I-74, I-39 through Madison . A little longer but better driving. Thats how I go with the coach whenever I go to Madison or the Dells area. Did GL last year that way.

Steve
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 12:39pm

It's gonna be fun, esp if we can get a few more to tag along. Hopefully MaddMarxx and Lisa will rejoin. And maybe Greg and Buffalo from Atl, and on and on. [/QUOTE]

Reid,

As of now, it looks like I will pick up Tom in Ky on my way North. We have talked ourselves into this escursion through the northern states to have a beer with all of you!
Greg

86 BFN
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Roger, what are you cruising in up to GL? Or are you renting something up there like we are this year. (snip) I can't recall this minute where you're coming out of, I just remember it being east of us, and we're at Lake Norman. (snip)   

Going to drive the Motorhome up pulling the 80. We are just off Lake Jordan in New Hill.

I sent you an email earlier about how you guys go up as far as when you leave and how often you stop. You must not have received it. It will be Cathie and I and our 2 mutts.

Really looking forward to the trip.... except for the fuel prices
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Behl Behl wrote:

reidp

I do not like Chicago

Steve

Ouch, as far as driving through the city north it's all about timing and which route, do it at the right time and it's not so bad. I have read that I-80 between 65 and 294 is one of the most traveled roads in the country.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:25pm
Guys,
Quinner is right. It's all about timing..

WHATEVER YOU DO, do not go up through 94 and the Skiway to get to Wisconsin... I saw the pics of Reids crew (I believe) going into the city.. Screw that...

Stay on 80-94 to the toll way 294 and go stright up to the 894 bypass around MIlwaukee. Please trust me, it's the best route up to Quinners and North.. You just can't hit these Chicago roads during rush hours times... Hit it mid day and or at night, and it's wide open...

Keep the faith Mr. Behl (that is a long way out of they way coming up from Indy, Via Madison...

Just let me know when you're all coming up from the South, Because I gotta see this train coming through !!!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

It's gonna be fun, esp if we can get a few more to tag along. Hopefully MaddMarxx and Lisa will rejoin. And maybe Greg and Buffalo from Atl, and on and on.

Reid,

As of now, it looks like I will pick up Tom in Ky on my way North. We have talked ourselves into this escursion through the northern states to have a beer with all of you! [/QUOTE]

Awesome decision Greg !!! You won't be dissapointed .... Look forward to meeting you guys..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:28pm
quinner
Most of the time when I have the coach in Chicago it is for a shopping trip or an afternoon Cubs game. I use the I-90, Stony Island, Lakeshore and Irving Park. Not bad going in but bad leaving downtown after the games. Have nt been that way since I-65 is closed at I-80/94 to I-90. Time will tell for I already have a couple of Cubs games booked.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:30pm
Skier or Barefoot?
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:34pm
Steve, I'm not sure I understand the logic behind your route. Are you saying you have a hard time with this?:

The route you mentioned is how we initially left GL last year with our group, and you're right it was nice. We came UP thru Chicago, (on the wrong road by the way) since we were headed to Quinner's place. However, when I went back several weeks later with Marshall to pick up our camper and left out late in the evening, we rolled right thru Chicago at 65 mph no problem.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:37pm
If going up I-65 cut off at Exit 230 Roselawn, go West to route 1 in IL. Turn North it becomes 394 after a few mile which brings you out at I-294. Trucks use that way all the time to miss the back-ups on I80/94.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Skier or Barefoot?

As of now I am leaning toward the barefoot. The way it sounds, Green Lake can be a little rough & the barefoot will handle that better. Hopefully both are on the water by then. We shall see!
Greg

86 BFN
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Behl Behl wrote:

If going up I-65 cut off at Exit 230 Roselawn, go West to route 1 in IL. Turn North it becomes 394 after a few mile which brings you out at I-294. Trucks use that way all the time to miss the back-ups on I80/94.

Steve, tell us the real reason you take that route... Isn't there a nudist camp on that drag hahaha.. Anyway, we've taken that many of times going to and from my parents cottage on Shafer Lake in Monticello..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:53pm

Reid,

As of now, it looks like I will pick up Tom in Ky on my way North. We have talked ourselves into this escursion through the northern states to have a beer with all of you!

Greg, that's fantastic! And what a great beer(s) it will be.

Roger, could you please re-send that email to reidp@bellsouth.net. I don't believe we've decided as a group yet just when we're leaving. Last year I think Weds was our main drive day. Because of the length of the trip, I certainly wanted to have at least Thur-Sun at GL.

EDIT: Roger, would you mind if we put all the women in your coach so we don't have to make so many pee breaks? I'll lend you a set of really good industrial strength ear plugs.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:59pm
Mojo

More than one. Roselawn is the one you hear about because of the Nudes Apopin (sp) wkend
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 2:11pm
Part of Chicago's downtown traffic problem are those rednecks towing trailers w/o brake lights just to get to Wisconsin.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 4:57pm
Talked to Marshall about that and he checked and was told that the fastest Correct Craft at any one gathering is not required to have operating tail lights. But since his boat broke down last year at GL and never exhibited its potential, he was obviously in violation. But this year he's so confident he plans to rip the lights right off. And since BoatDr is afraid of a little close competition and not showing up, Marshall will probably be legal w/o lights. The right one's working isn't it?   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 5:52pm

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Skier or Barefoot?

As of now I am leaning toward the barefoot. The way it sounds, Green Lake can be a little rough & the barefoot will handle that better. Hopefully both are on the water by then. We shall see!

Hmmm, thats probably a good choice... but I wanted to see the Skier!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 6:41pm

And since BoatDr is afraid of a little close competition and not showing up, Marshall will probably be legal w/o lights. The right one's working isn't it?   

With only one light working does that make it half fast?

Sorry couldn't pass on that one.

Think I'll watch the convoy thread and see if we can hook up for the final hours this year.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 8:44pm

And since BoatDr is afraid of a little close competition and not showing up, Marshall will probably be legal w/o lights. The right one's working isn't it?   

Think I'll watch the convoy thread and see if we can hook up for the final hours this year.

If you plan to hook up with us, you will definitely need to make sure YOUR trailer lights are working as I've ridden in your boat. But man that trailer shore looks good!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 9:15pm

If you plan to hook up with us, you will definitely need to make sure YOUR trailer lights are working as I've ridden in your boat. But man that trailer shore looks good!

LMAO, and that's the last time I let you two ride in the back with my dog...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic