Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1947 correct craft

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
billy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1947 correct craft
    Posted: October-25-2010 at 9:50pm
Hello all new to this site just got a 18 ft 1947 deluxe utility i think? off of craislist from new jersey.Im sure some of you saw the boat and I would welcome any information I can get.She is a planked hull but it seems it was painted as all the screws were filled rather than bunged in the hull sides.Also the hull planking is only quarter inch thick is that the standard hull plank thickness?Looking forward to talking to all of you about the boat Thanks Billy
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 2:41am
Welcome Billy. Post this up in General Discussion you'll get more people to see it.And get some pictures posted, we like pictures.These old wood Correct Crafts are comming out of the woodwork lately!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 11:46am
Welcome to the site. Glad to have another
Woody in the family. Put up pics for all to see.
Motor and interior shots would be nice also.Karen and I have few of these old wood boats, as do Pete and our buddy overseas Rodger.....Boat dr
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 11:58am
Im guessing this is your new boat?

It was in fact discussed here... actually, some people speculated it would best serve as a parts boat! Good luck with the project.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 12:11pm
Parts boat? Who would have suggested scrapping and old wood classic? The beauty of wood is all it takes is skill and labor and they can be made like new again. Welcome to the site! Pete and Billy are our resident wood boat experts.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Parts boat? Who would have suggested scrapping and old wood classic? The beauty of wood is all it takes is skill and labor and they can be made like new again. Welcome to the site! Pete and Billy are our resident wood boat experts.

It was discussed in the Interesting Craigslist Finds thread.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I concur Bruce. Here is a pretty easy resto. and what I've been looking for for years. Unfortunately, its about as far away from me as it could possibly be.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic