NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2011 Northeast Reunion — August 26-28, 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 111213
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 1:01pm

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 1:04pm

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 1:08pm

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 1:11pm

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 1:13pm

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 1:16pm

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 1:26pm
By far, this was the most active reunion I've attended with so much action on the water. The conditions were perfect, with exception for Sunday. Keith's boat did an awesome job between slalom, trick and surfing. The Crush got a workout as well with Randy tearing it up through the course (I believe 36MPH at 38' off). We saw Dave running the crush long-line footn' down the middle of the lake. My cousin Liam got up the very first time on skis off of Brad's boat. Then he got up right away long-line and took four circles around the lake before I cut power. That's Liam above. He's wearing the skis I learned to get up on in 1984 in New Hampshire.

We left Saturday night in order to secure the things around our home. It poured rain almost the entire ride home. We lost three trees in our yard and power for over two days. Overall, it could have been much worse!!

Ken

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 1:38pm
MacCallum's Boathouse did another excellent job hosting our reunion. The cookout was great, plenty of dockspace and a huge thanks for a pull behind the 230. What an awesome boat. The wake is ALMOST as big as my 2001 wake.
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 7:39pm
Here are some shots from Friday...

66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 7:48pm
And some from Saturday...

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 8:12pm
With that many people in a 230, I'd expect the surf wake to be chest high. It seems pretty small. Was it just the perspective of the photos? From what I see, I think the wakes are bigger in my 210, the demo Sport 200 @ GL and Mike Hunter's 210.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 8:35pm
whos gray and silver 176? that boat is beautiful
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 8:46pm
The 176 is Kyle Tompkins (66Skylark)
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

Funny you should ask.. you two guys have similar taste in boats it belongs to Kyle aka Skylark66

Steve.. the wake behind that 230 with that many people is huge.. most of the time. We were running with ballast full on both sides so if we had people stacked on one side it was awesome as good as the best I have seen mike hunters, considerably better than the 200 sport with 9 people at GL. I cant actually compare it to your wake because you never took me surfing.. Some of the pictures you see it wasnt quite as huge or defined because the police were on the lake so we were off the back deck and really not very well concentrated on one side at that point.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
ptrcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptrcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 9:51pm
thanks now who is the guy w the green and red shorts he looks pretty damn talented
ptrcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptrcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 9:51pm
woah where did that screen name come from... brb
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 9:54pm
ok back,, so that 176 is really nice
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 11:08pm
Looks like there were some folks there with mad skills on the water. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2011 at 10:10am
Randy, the gentleman with the red, green and black shorts went to Nationals in Chicago this year. I believe he said he placed fourth for slalom. He's very good at providing instructions too. Randy reminds me of Hollywood minus the smart remarks every other sentence.

I still can't get over how many boats were pulling slalom skiers, footers, boarders, surfers and trick skiers over the couple of days we were there. Seem like everywhere we looked, somebody was doing something. The lake treated us well.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2011 at 10:16am
Genesis 1:3 - And God said "Let there be light" and there was Keith Bagley. Keith screamed by us and gave a nice morning splash.

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2011 at 4:33pm
Joe,
Guess what I found this morning when we went footing/skiing ... your gloves!

They work great! It's up to you but if it's easier I might just send you money for them.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2011 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Joe,
Guess what I found this morning when we went footing/skiing ... your gloves!

They work great! It's up to you but if it's easier I might just send you money for them.

-Keith

It is good to know they found a good home, consider them a site donation!

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

Funny you should ask.. you two guys have similar taste in boats it belongs to Kyle aka Skylark66

Steve.. the wake behind that 230 with that many people is huge.. most of the time. We were running with ballast full on both sides so if we had people stacked on one side it was awesome as good as the best I have seen mike hunters, considerably better than the 200 sport with 9 people at GL. I cant actually compare it to your wake because you never took me surfing.. Some of the pictures you see it wasnt quite as huge or defined because the police were on the lake so we were off the back deck and really not very well concentrated on one side at that point.

Ill disagree with Joe... I think that the wake on Mike and Gail's boat was significantly larger. I surf goofy, if that makes a difference. My guess is that set up has a lot to do with it- we had a ton of weight in the boat. Of course, this is coming from a real novice... and Ive never tried gen-1 210 either.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 2:45pm

Steve.. the wake behind that 230 with that many people is huge.. most of the time. We were running with ballast full on both sides s...

I understand doing this for ease with many different riders but I'd take the time to empty/drain the ballast. It isn't about sinking the rear as much as it is about listing the boat. Line 'em up and pull all the regulars then switch to the goofs. There should have been a tsunami behind that beast.

Good to know though as the 230 has returned to the top of my dream new boat list. Almost had a deal struck with Adam Wensick @ GL, except he just couldn't quite do the $75K trade in value on my SAN. Go figure...

I cant actually compare it to your wake because you never took me surfing..

Man, did I set myself up for that. I knew it as soon as I clicked on "Post Reply". Warranted, though.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 10:46pm
Tim was one of the guys we screwed in the wake, I also disagree with filling both sides but with 2k of people on the proper side with a good lean it wasn't an issue... I tried to suggest to a few of the larger spectators that they move aggressively to the proper side but when goofy it wasn't even close to a significant lean.   I stand by my assessment that when weighted properly it was similar to the hunters boat at its best. At 11 mph the pocket was fast and fun!

Steve if I didn't take that shot I figured it would lessen your opinion of me.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 10:48pm
Kieths 94s wake gets the win amongst all boats
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 11:01pm

At 11 mph the pocket was fast and fun!
I'd be really happy with another mile an hour while surfing. I can't do much past 10.0. I gotta fatten those kids up.

Steve if I didn't take that shot I figured it would lessen your opinion of me.
- indeed!

Sorry for the jack, off I go...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 10:30pm
Anyone seen my hyperlite Belmont wakeboard? Black and red with the new hyperlite system bindings on it. It's MIA. A reward of a cold beer will be granted to anyone with knowledge of the wakeboards whereabouts.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2011 at 9:00pm
Kieth any go-pro vids ready for release from the reunion?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 111213
  Share Topic