NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas, #1 US export

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas, #1 US export
    Posted: December-31-2011 at 6:56pm
This is how the oil companies keep the price of gas up.

http://news.yahoo.com/first-gas-other-fuels-top-us-export-200739553.html
Tim D
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 7:10pm
We live in a global economy. I think it would be difficult, and wrong, if we didn't supply globally. It would be very difficult to say we are only going to supply to the U.S. market, and, it would help screw up world markets. One thing is for sure, the higher the supply globally, the lower the price. I say "drill, drill, drill".
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 8:45pm
I would be curious to were they got thier sources. Several staements are not excactly accurate.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 8:45pm
I would be curious to were they got thier sources. Several statements are not excactly accurate.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 9:36am
i would really think its pretty accurate, you must rememeber guys like Kristoff are probably paying 8 bucks a gallon, economically, it sounds like supply and demand to the highest bidder
"the things you own will start to own you"
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

Could also be viewed as how oil companies keep our employment up. Somebody must be working in those refineries.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 2:03pm
if the righties could find robots they would
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 6:20pm
If you could have robots rebuild trannys so would you too. Lol
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 7:41pm
Oil In -> Gas out.

Nothing wrong with that.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

i would really think its pretty accurate, you must rememeber guys like Kristoff are probably paying 8 bucks a gallon, economically, it sounds like supply and demand to the highest bidder

Eric....Keep in mind that the "Lefties" in Europe tax the begeesus out of poor ole Kristof on his fuel....and everything else for that matter.

So, the price of oil may be the same in Europe, but, by the time it gets to the pump, they are paying our their arses for it. Obama would LOVE to do the same thing over here as he hates the petrol industry. If he gets re-elected, you will have to learn how to repair boats that run on solar panels .
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 10:10pm
Tranny Robots?   Eeew!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 11:16pm
Since it is highly unlikely that anyone here literally goes a minute or more without using or coming in contact with something that has come from the petroleum industry, I cannot think of a better industry to support and to improve upon. Unless we as a nation revert back to grass huts we will always have a need for oil. Who's first?......Thought so.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 11:57pm
Oil needs to by-pass wall street.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 9:52am
brazil doesnt need oil, strange thing is their economy is booming, here i thought you guys were going to say because of Iraq, the price of our oil is cheap. in hindsight it should be about .10 a gallon
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 11:02am
Eric, the right said we were fighting a war on terror, the left conspiracy theorists said it was a war for cheap oil. We have not seen any more sky scrappers fall, and oil is not cheap. Could there be a correlation there?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 1:42pm
what about scooters findings, or she was the one outed and her old man was the inspector, im more terrified now then i have been my entire life...
omh paaleeeease, with the towers, economic terrorism.....it was a war for inside traders my friend, i rather believe a conspiracy than that bull*************** you get fed on the tv....did you forget, 26 men got the job done?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 1:44pm
we fought for rags to vote, yeah right, they wanna pull an ak trigger not a voting box lever
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 1:46pm
I have, Ohlahoma........is that the bible belt?
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

Could also be viewed as how oil companies keep our employment up. Somebody must be working in those refineries.

They are currently supplying more than we consume. As consumption in the US decreases so will the number of refineries and the gas we export will increase. They are considering shutting down two refineries in PA because the production is so efficient and they are producing more than we can consume. This is a major reason exports are up, US consumption is down 3% from last december to this dec.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 4:21pm
My first few diesels fuel was much less than gas, and mpg was greater. Then $.20 more everytime I filled up until it got to be $.60 - $.80 more and mpg got worse. Now I have to add Pig Urine which makes my fuel costs about another $20.00 per 3,000 miles and mpg is in the middle. They haven't done to diesel anything but remove the lubrication benefits. Why the high costs?
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 4:50pm
no answer, probably some stupid regulation to do with the way they manufacture it and pollution that raises the cost. That is a totally made up guess. It could be true.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 4:54pm
here is a theory.
We tend to think relatively, so now that deisel has is higher than gas it has gone up and gas has not. Well they both went up, deisel just went up more. Many are touting refinery efficiencies and decreased demand of gasoline have actually kept the price of gas lower than it could have gone. So maybe its just that gas went up less. Diesel main consumption is freight vehicle and farm equipment which is a more consistent demand than consumer demand on gas. So that could be a reason.
Maybe someone can do some research and give us an informed decision, I have wondered why this is myself before. I dont have a diesel vehicle so I never really looked into it.
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Eric....Keep in mind that the "Lefties" in Europe tax the begeesus out of poor ole Kristof on his fuel....and everything else for that matter.

So, the price of oil may be the same in Europe, but, by the time it gets to the pump, they are paying our their arses for it. Obama would LOVE to do the same thing over here as he hates the petrol industry. If he gets re-elected, you will have to learn how to repair boats that run on solar panels .

And what product or service is the government providing in exchange for that tax (either here or in Europe)?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 6:21pm

brazil doesnt need oil, strange thing is their economy is booming,.....

Actually they are desperate for it. And apparently we are too. The cuurent administration has paid billions to Brazil to teach our and develop their production process so that we may be one of their best customers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic