NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marty Mabe is an Obama Kid Now!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marty Mabe is an Obama Kid Now!
    Posted: February-17-2012 at 5:40pm
OK Guys- it's official. Today Friday Feb 17, 2012 at around 8:45 am-- I was issued my pink slip from my 'boss'.

He wanted to tell me over the phone this am when he called in to the store to see if I was at work. But I told the other guy that works with us to tell him I had no where to go, I'll wait for him and talk face to face.
Long story to go into- but I had to actually pry the words, "You're Fired" out of his mouth. I'm not much for confrontation, so I said my peace and left.
This has been a while coming. He has changed since he's going through a divorce and his inheritance of the store.
8 years of hard work and putting up with his and his customers sh has finally come to an end.
What really changed my perspective on him, was when he was sending me home at lunch and hired an ex-employee punk-kid that isn't worth 2 cent to come in after me.   Dirty, Dirty, Dirty.
So all you guys keep working to pay my salary now--especially you 'Tar Heels!"
Got a few prospects in the works already.
But just thought I'd let you guys know what's up with me just incase you don't hear from me. Sorry to ruin your day with this old man's problems.

Later CCFans !
                        Marty Mabe
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 6:27pm
Sorry to hear marty, unforunately seems stories like this are all too common. No one is loyal to their employees anymore and its breeding a generation of unloyal workers. You'll be in our thoughts.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 6:38pm
Sorry to hear that Marty. Been there, done that, 3/6/2009. The day corresponded almost or exactly with the day the Dow bottomed out. I have always been a political radio talk show junkie, but when I became the news, I didn't really care to hear about it any more. I got back in the job force after not too much longer tho, so hang in there, something will turn up. Funny that should happen to day after hearing ABC news go on and on and on and on about how great the economy was while waving their Obama pom-poms.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 6:51pm
Been there... twice. First time, got rehired literally 2 weeks later. The second time, I think it was right about November 2008, that one lasted a little longer.

Took me till June 2011 to get another good job, but I was able to quickly find work by stringing a couple (and sometimes a few) part time jobs together.

I don't know if things are getting great, but I kinda get the impression they're not as bad as they had been.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 7:30pm
last time i filled out an application i didnt need glasses, this time i do, 12 pager, right there with you with Marty, good things happen to good people...decompress, take a little time off and you are a go getter and will be fine
"the things you own will start to own you"
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 7:48pm

Well said Eric, Marty its his loss not yours.

Bigger waves are a coming......

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 8:52pm
Sorry to hear that Marty. Soundslike you'll be happier in the long run. If you liked what you were doing, go check out the competition.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 10:53pm
Mar Tay, us guys in the grandstands can see plays develop you guys in the field always miss! This too shall pass and in the end will be a blessing in disguise, brighter times ahead, your next step will be way ahead of your last!! I for one am excited for your future!!
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 12:11am
As they say- it's a recession when your neighbor loses his job, it's a depression when you lose yours.
This is the life
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 12:20am
Look at it as an opportunity. When one door closes another one opens. Enjoy a little time off. You'll be fine. Good luck in your next endeavor.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 7:37pm
Keep us posted Marty. Sounds like you'll certainly be better off down the road.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 8:02pm
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but it is hard to keep a good man down. If you can't find an open door go in through a window. I am hearing employers are leary of the long term unemployed, so I would hit the bricks immediatly even if you have earned a good break.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 11:57am
I'm so sorry Marty, but I can only echo what's been said. You are talented, resilient, and will be back in the saddle very soon. That said, embrace your time that you have now. You'll probably be busy again soon.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 4:28pm
Marty,

I am sorry to hear this. You will end up with a much better job.

Hang in there. Take Riley's advice and go to the competetion and have a little fun at this guys expense.

Donald
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2012 at 2:25am
you got a whole bunch of friends on here that know what kinda guy you are. Your next boss is gonna be a lucky guy. Hang in there.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2012 at 1:31pm
Wow Marty sorry I missed this thread.I can only echo what the others have said,it's his loss. Sometimes I guess you need a kick in the pants to get out of a bad situation.Our thoughts are with you Marty,good luck!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2012 at 1:41pm
Marty, sorry to hear about the job loss. Like everyone else has said "hang in there". The best is yet to come!
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2012 at 4:28pm
Marty, from one parts guy to another just hang in there. I recently hired an experienced guy to replace one of the young bucks at my store. The guy that I hired was out of a job for quite a while before that and he has worked out wonderfully for me. I did not want to have to babysit someone and teach them everything all over again. The young guy leaving me was the luckiest thing to happen for me. I hope you find someone who can appreciate your experience.John.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 2:04pm
Sorry to hear this Marty. I hope you find something else. Maybe it was a blessing that your time was at the end to finally get away from that bad ol boss.. Wish you the best Marty..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 2:27pm
I was thinking about this, Brunstucky is filled with about 8 parts stores, on average I spent 500.00 a week with them, everyone of those parts stores sent in sales reps to get us to switch, they'll send pizza's, wall clocks, pens, notepads, all kinds of bull*************** to try in get our business...i got pissed one time because of pricing tiers and switched, it was a fcn mistake. i go to this particular store because of one thing, not the parts but the guy that sells me them...unexceptional service
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 2:28pm
i have a feeling that you are a guy like this
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 4:24pm
Marty, I hate to see anyone lose a job, especially a friend. But, like the others have said, better things are on the horizon...

I started looking for a new job myself. I have two interviews scheduled this week. I'm starting to run out of excuses to give my current employer on why I need to leave early or come in late!

Don't listen to the hype, there are a lot of jobs out there... You'll find something. Your only regret will be that you didn't leave earlier.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 4:14am
You have been pretty quiet Marty. Hows things?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 3:24pm
Dang Marty, I too have been down this road in late 2010 after 14yrs with the same company working my way up the ranks since I got out of college. If there is one thing I learned it is not what you accomplished it is how you treat people along the way that really shines. I was down on my luck and some previous clients called me and asked if I would come work for them and life has been great ever since. Hang in there there is some people out there that still value their employees
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 1:19pm
2 interviews-- struck out on both.

I've been helping a man from church fix up his rent houses. Painting,swapping out clawfoot bathtubs and putting showers in.

Also been helping Reid on fixing up some #2 Trailers.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic