NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

glove box size

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: glove box size
    Posted: March-09-2012 at 1:13pm
Is the opening dimensions for an 86 glove box the same as the 87-91 glove box? I know the inside is a little different layout/depth but was wonering about the opening + lip?
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 2:12pm
Justin, you know about this, right? Nautique Parts Glovebox

It gives the opening dimensions. It says it can be retrofitted to older ones, but doesn't give any details.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 2:16pm
ya I did, I wasnt sure what they meant by retrofitted? It will fit right in or the hole needs cut? It gives the dimensions of the new one. But I cant find the old boxes anywhere on the web to compare. I could just go out to my garage and measure mine but i keep forgetting and I am work now.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 2:35pm
Since 87 was a new deck, I'm lead to believe they might be correct with this and the fit is indeed different. Better to measure first.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 2:42pm
come on, correct craft trivia. I thought someone would have this memorized.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 2:46pm
Maybe I do but just don't like you and won't give you the answer?? lol

i am seriously just kidding
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 2:55pm
what if there was a prize for correct craft trivia of the day. Or an arbritrary points system?

1000 points to whoever can answer this!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 3:07pm
It looks smaller, specifically for to aft. I wouldn't order that lid.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 5:34pm
It's 8x13 3/4. Looks like I get the 1000 points
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 10:30pm
Bonus question: Can you open up the hole in your dash and use the part on Nautiqueparts?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic