Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alternatives to Christines? (Time crunch)

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternatives to Christines? (Time crunch)
    Posted: March-09-2012 at 5:18pm
Just got off the phone with Christine's and it looks like they're currently sitting at a 12-14 week lead time plus 1-2 weeks for the samples to go back and forth for approval. My interior is to the point that I need to get it fixed sooner than later. So I was curious if anyone had any other upholstery suggestions. Again if I had the time id wait, but the seats are unusable and summer is quickly approaching.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 5:25pm
better find something local. I have heard copy cat covers are even worse so, I would start asking around and find a local shop. That will be the fastest.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 5:36pm
If you want it original Christine's is the way to go.
The good thing about them is they have the patterns so you can use your boat till the new one's show up. Then the only down time is taking off the old one's and putting on the new.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

If you want it original Christine's is the way to go.
The good thing about them is they have the patterns so you can use your boat till the new one's show up. Then the only down time is taking off the old one's and putting on the new.

+1
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 6:05pm
I think Lonestar Upholstery has the patterns too and they do good work and most all the work for the local Nautique / Mastercraft dealer. Might be worth checking out if you only need the skins. I do agree with using Christines though. I think I might wait for the water to warm up, knowing it will be right. Have you tried a bribe?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Foot_Fungus Foot_Fungus wrote:

I was curious if anyone had any other upholstery suggestions.

My suggestion would have been to start this project in the fall and beat the spring rush!

In all seriousness, youre in a tough spot. If you have a good local shop that isnt busy yet, and you dont mind giving up your skins for them to use as patterns, then that is really your only option. Most shops wont (or cant) re-create the trademarked embroidery though, so if your boat is '90 or newer, you may be out of luck on that.

Unless its a fairly simple interior (non-delux) in an older boat (which a local shop could probably handle pretty easily), then Id probably opt to wait until next year. An interior is too big of an investment to get wrong. Duct tape and extra towels!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

I'm on the 12 week waiting list. Find someone local so mine only takes 11 weeks
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 7:30pm
They also sponsor this site.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 8:31pm
Eh well looks like I'm gonna have to get creative with duct tape then. The seats are well past the "just ignore the cracks" stages lol.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 8:33pm

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 8:38pm
You don't need a backseat to ski and I don't even know what that last picture is. Put in your order now and deal with it until they arrive. Have you looked at their closeout sections for any "must have" pieces?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 8:43pm
Guessing it's an open bow and thats the bottom cushion? I agree with HW, pull the backseat and run it without or wrap the seat bases with towels.

I've got some new backseat bottoms sitting at the farm. Can't get myself to put them on since people will continue to step on them with the sloped transom.    
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 9:09pm
Chris, That problem is easily solved.

Rule #1 It's MY boat and I make the rules......

Rule #2 You don't get in my boat with shoes on PERIOD, END OF STORY, NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION! Note: I will not be so insensitive if it's cold, your shoes are 110% clean. Then you may get in as long as you step on the teak lined gunnels then the carpet.

Rule #3 Don't get in the boat when you are done with your run soaking wet. Drain yourself and your lifejacket off on the platform and sit on the stern as I DO NOT want a sopping wet boat and cushions that are waterlogged. Nobody wants to sit in one either.

Rule #4 No suits with rivet enforced drain holes as they will scratch and gouge up the gelcoat. Same goes for cut off jeans or jeans. Fine but your sitting on a towel or in the seat but that is it.

Rule #5 If you don't like my rules please refer to RULE #1

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

You don't need a backseat to ski and I don't even know what that last picture is.

John,
Kevin makes a very valid point here. Are you planning on loading that boat up with people? Keep in mind it is a "ski boat"!    Ideally it's the driver and observer and whatever you are pulling - NO TUBES!!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 9:24pm
Tim, I'm pretty sure it was your boat I jumped in and loaded on the trailer at Reid's when that storm came rolling in. I sure hope I didn't break any of the rules...

I still crack up seeing Mojo backing down Keegan's purple mini van in a cut-off t-shirt with his arm hanging out the window looking all tuff. He didn't even know who's vehicle it was or what boat was supposed to go on the trailer.

I don't have any rules, just a few suggestions. Don't hit anything too hard, and try not to use reverse much. Turn around to the left if you can instead of to the right.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Same goes for cut off jeans or jeans. Fine but your sitting on a towel or in the seat but that is it.

Being as Tim is from Georgia, this rule is paramount. All hail to the "jorts"!!!!

haha, sorry Tim, I couldn't resist....
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Same goes for cut off jeans or jeans. Fine but your sitting on a towel or in the seat but that is it.

Being as Tim is from Georgia, this rule is paramount. All hail to the "jorts"!!!!

haha, sorry Tim, I couldn't resist....

Yes, but we all love to see our women in "cut off's" Well, a string is always a good option as well!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 10:18pm

Same goes for cut off jeans or jeans.

Only in GA. LOL
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 12:19am
lol well I guess I could pull the back seat cushions. That last pick is the observer seat cushion. Has a cheapo cover overtop of it as a bandaid..sigh. Since the only real bad pieces are the cushions which are just plain white anyways I may have a local shop do those for the time being and then just redo the whole interior this winter.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 11:37am

Tim, I'm pretty sure it was your boat I jumped in and loaded on the trailer at Reid's when that storm came rolling in. I sure hope I didn't break any of the rules...

HW in case of a pop up monsoon like the one at Reid's that evening I could live with a little mud vs a damaged hull from bashing up against the dock. It was amazing that everyone sprung into action without hesitating getting boats on the trailers as fast as we could and without saying a word. Besides.......See Rule #1

The reason I'm so anal about taking shoes off when you get it my boat is because of GA's infamous red clay. That stuff will stain vinyl and carpet like no tomorrow and is so potent they have actually used it to dye T-shirts with it. It's a beotch to get out if it gets ground in there. Where do you guy's think cut-off jeans came from!

As far as all the flexing you guys are givin' me BRING IT!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 3:20pm
I just received my samples from Christines Hopefully they say there are that far out then they come through sooner?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 3:36pm

As far as all the flexing you guys are givin' me BRING IT!

jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 3:47pm
Careful what you ask for there Tim...yikes!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

You don't need a backseat to ski and I don't even know what that last picture is.

John,
Kevin makes a very valid point here. Are you planning on loading that boat up with people? Keep in mind it is a "ski boat"!    Ideally it's the driver and observer and whatever you are pulling - NO TUBES!!!!!

Yes, Pete doesn't allow tubes with grommets in his Atom, that's his rule #6. Only smooth tubes are pulled by the Atom.

I pretty much view it as there are dry boat rides, and wet boat rides. If we're skiing, anyone in the boat is likely to get wet from seats, vests, splash, etc. so be prepared. If we head out for a dry ride then the boat is likely not wet to start with. I think a towel on that back seat will keep it dry enough for now.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic