Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Totally Sick.....

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Totally Sick.....
    Posted: July-13-2012 at 8:17am
...of this stupid rain! July started with rain and its still raining 13days later. All the hose pipe bans around the country have been lifted and we have been suffering from floods. Rainfall in 1 night has been equivalent to the months average.

Even looked at property in Florida on the internet, surprising that we can get something at least twice the size of our current house for half the price.....Is there any work in Florida for a Applications Packager and a project Manager?

The forecast for the weekend...more rain with a high of 17c !!! and this is summertime!! WTF is going on in the UK!

Oh well at least we have the Olympics to look forward to, we were some of the lucky ones to get tickets (Gymnastics and Athletics). I must remember to pack an umbrella.

At least its Friday
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 8:47am
It’s not all bad Matt.......the rain is warmish and we have the Olympic woman’s athletics..... all those wet Tee’s
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 8:54am
Quote woman’s athletics..... all those wet Tee’s

Now that is something I can get behind
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 10:33am
All rain over here too...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 11:53am
ha we are dying for rain here. Come and visit weather and water are very warm.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 12:15pm
It's raining right now for longer than 5 minutes the first time in easily two months here. Farmers are sucking air, ground is like cement.

YET our river is still high south of the dam where we do ski shows cuz the GOVT controls the dam now. Really? Some dude sitting behind a computer 900 miles away controls my water depth. You're killin me smalls!

You guys have too much rain, we don't have enough...although I'd take less over more any day. Hope it clears up for you fellas soon!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 1:11pm
We are really dry here in Chicago as well. Lake is so low my neighbor cannot get his boat off his lift. On the upside, have not had to mow the lawn in several weeks!!
rcthorpe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcthorpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 1:17pm
+1 on the lawn mowing. We had a few drops of rain last Saturday night, otherwise he haven't had rain in SW MI in a few weeks.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 1:18pm
I put 30 hrs on my mower last summer and 6 so far this year... Can't complain about that really.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 1:22pm
LOL its so wet over here I couldn't mow the lawn even if I wanted to, the grass won't stop growing though...still the slugs and enjoying the damp mild weather
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 3:18pm
We will keep our fingers crossed for Sunday the 15th   

St. Swithin Day
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 3:27pm
Send rain here. We need it badly.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 5:38pm
Here in eastern North Carolina it's a frog strangler,
heavy rain every afternoon all week my hay field is a
foot tall.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 7:28pm
NW IL ..... They are talking about closing river next week. 5 to 6 feet below normal...

We have had less than an inch of rain in about two months. In some areas the crops are starting to die. Plus HOT!!! Over 100 degrees 3 days in a row last week. Been in 90's this week... next week predicting close to 100 again.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 7:32pm
Yeah, could be worse Matt I was planning on gel coating tomorrow!!
'82 Ski Tique
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

We will keep our fingers crossed for Sunday the 15th   

St. Swithin Day

I like they way the site actually explains "However, according to the Met Office, this old wives' tale is nothing other than a myth. It has been put to the test on 55 occasions*, when it has been wet on St Swithin's Day and 40 days of rain did not follow"
'82 Ski Tique
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2012 at 7:20am
oh its raining again this morning

Saturday was a fantastic weather day in the midlands, sure the temperature was a little cooler than the seasonal average with a high of just 16c but there was almost zero wind and flat water, I still ache from the boarding! Sunday was windy again though

We have had the wettest April - June since 1910 ! and July is going to join that list very soon.
I still haven't managed to cut the grass, can't even walk on the lawn without sinking so no chance of getting the mower on there.

Fingers crossed some of you guys get some of our rain, we now have enough to last us the rest of the year.

Anyway its the start of a new week and I am more upbeat and looking forward to some sunshine

Graham, any gel coating? don't forget the pictures
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 6:55pm
Yes mate, finally managed to get the first coat down on Saturday afternoon, although later realised I got more on the neighbours car!!
Its currently not a lot to look at but should all start to come together soon as I get a few dry days to make some progress.
I've taken loads of photos as the project has gone along, when I get some time am planning on posting a photo thread
'82 Ski Tique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by MattB MattB wrote:

Quote woman’s athletics..... all those wet Tee’s

Now that is something I can get behind

You're gonna want to be in front for this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic