Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cuddy Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cuddy Nautique
    Posted: March-22-2006 at 10:33am
Hello, I have been enjoying this site for awhile and decided to register. I have been a Correct Craft owner since 1978 when I bought my first new boat. It was a 1978 Ski Tique with the 302. Man that was a cool little boat, and fast, I use to be able to bury the airguide speedo. I sold the Ski Tique in 1988 (for the exact same amount I bought it new in 1977) and bought a new 2001. This is my baby, and I love this boat. This fall I recently purchased a 1978 23’ Cuddy Nautique in original condition except for someone painting the hull sides. I have wanted a larger inboard to use on Lake Erie. I tried a 27’ Sea Ray for a couple of years, liked the boat hated the I/O, first and last I/O I will buy. I am really anxious to get to work on the Cuddy, I only had it home for a couple of days before I had to winterize and put into storage. Are there any other 23’ cuddy Nautique owners out there?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 11:05am
Welcom 2 Nauts. Good group here. Let's see some pics of those boats. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 12:38pm
Thanks BKH. Here is a pic of the Cuddy. I hope this goes through, never did this before?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/2_Nautiques/riveratidle.jpg

Mercrewser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercrewser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 1:08pm

Here ya go. Nice boat!!
1969 Chris Craft Commander SS #39

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 1:51pm
Thanks Merc,

I did not know how to have the pic show up in the message. I went back and read the FAQ at photobucket and I believe I can do it now. I will try to get more photos when I can find them.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 1:52pm
What a Beauty!
Scott
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 2:23pm
That boat looks brand new! I wouldn't mind one myself. Best of both worlds. Keep in touch.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 2:37pm
here's all you have to do to get the links to show. "My Link"

in the directions it has the url capitalize and it should be lower case.

replace "http://www.myWeb.com" with the path to the pictures,... then where it says "My Link" thats the text that well show up for the hyperlink. The caps is what threw me off before I figured it out.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 2:39pm
that didn't work so well

My Link

replace the upper case URL with lower case letters and it works great
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 2:42pm
URL=http://www.myWeb.com]My Link[/URL

ok one last try, you need add brakets "[" , "]" in front and back and lower case letters for "url"

sorry just trying to help but making a mess instead
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 3:40pm
2 Nauts - very good looking boat. Certainly not the typical Nautique profile, but still has that Correct Craft look to it. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 5:14pm
Thanks for the compliments on the Cuddy. 79 thanks for the info on linking the photo ?? It is amazing how well a boat in a photo from a distance can look so good. The truth is, this Cuddy needs some work and I am anxious to get to it. Before I put into storage, I had to remove a section of floor and water soaked foam from the cabin area. Hopefully it dried out over the winter in the barn. There is a bulkhead between the cabin and the bilge with no way of draining trapped water from the cabin area. However, with this bulkhead it protected the main stringers and they are solid with no signs of rot! I will be rebuilding the floor in the cabin area and will install an access port to remove any trapped water. The other major problem is that the hull sides were repainted. It looks like it was well done, however I would like to restore to original. Other than that the boat just needs a good cleaning/polishing/wax and the teak cleaned and re-oiled. (there is a ton of teak on this boat). This is a great site for Correct Craft owners as there is a ton of helpful information. Sorry for the long winded post, guess I have been reading too much and not typing!
Mercrewser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercrewser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 5:51pm
People are getting tired of I/Os. Your boat will go up in value in my oppinion. It is a great boat. Post more pics, and put a post in the diaries section. There isn't alot around.
1969 Chris Craft Commander SS #39
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 7:34pm
2_Nauts: Ditto on the welcomes. Nice boat. Friend of mine had one up on Sandusky Bay where we used to ski. Whereabouts are ya in Ohio?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 5:44am
jbear - I live in Defiance it is about 50 miles SW of Toledo. We ski on the Auglaize River here and I like to venture up to Lake Erie. Used the 2001 on Erie a few times (only during very good weather). Even during good weather, usually by the afternoon it would be a bit bumpy! Thats why I bought the Cuddy. Plan on trailering it up to the lake and maybe spend the night. Sandusky Bay can be pretty rought also, how often could you find smooth water?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 9:20am
2- Not very often! Cold and dirty. Thats why I am in FLA now!!! Love it!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 11:02am
FLA sounds great, Especially during these cold nasty wet months in Ohio!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 5:04pm
2_: Spent many a cold wet day up there. Was on the Auglaize once in the 80's for a Barefoot tourny. Nice area as I remember it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 7:51pm
jbear - were you down by the bridge? We had one barefoot event around my area and I believe the rest were up by the bridge?
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 8:06pm
   WOW, like all said, what a nice boat! Its amazing all the non-ski boats CC made back then. Your Cuddy, Southwind, SAN Juan, Tobago, etc. They really turn my head! All have the "sporty" CC classic look. A must to keep her pretty as like mentioned, a rare breed..

Jeff..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 7:47am
Thanks Jeff - I am looking forward to the control and dependability that the inboard will give me when the seas are rough.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 10:40am
2_; I believ we were. Were you there? If so, small world, huh?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic