Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

teak step pad

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
shum8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shum8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: teak step pad
    Posted: July-05-2006 at 11:48pm
One of my step pads (aluminum with teak strips) is missing one of the teak strips. I am looking for the strip or the whole new pad. Either would be fine.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 12:12am
You might be better off buying a small piece of Teak & maybe fitting a new piece yourself,I'm not sure how easy one of those little pieces of teak or just one pad would be to find. I did this last year with the end plank on my swim platform, for the first few months it looked like a new piece, but now it nearly matches perfectly after the second time cleaning, brightening & Oiling...
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
shum8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shum8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 3:01am
thats a thought.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 10:43am
Shum8,   I have some Teak scraps. How long is the piece you need?
shum8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shum8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 10:12pm
I am going to say maybe 1/2 to 3/4 wide and 10 inches long. Let me know how much $$ and I will send it to you. And I would say I would need a piece that is with the grain. Thanks
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 7:19am
you can buy new ones at west marine.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2006 at 12:11pm
shum8,    One dollar.   Ups would be around
12.00    I might be able to send it thru the post office alot cheaper.    I just looked at a piece from westmarine, they run around 15.00
    As of 2 weeks ago, Teak is $21.86 per board foot.

Yes, the grain runs with the length
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic