Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

windshield removal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: windshield removal
    Posted: July-30-2006 at 11:18am
I need help. I need to take off my 77 mustang windshield but the screws that hold the frame to the boat are turning with the nut.Anyone know how I can remedy this? thanks
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2006 at 2:09pm
hmm,

i've had mine off and as i recall the winshield used those t-bolt use specific fasteners. not be a wise guy or anything but are you sure your not unscrewing the dash. un mine i do remember those needing to be cut off.
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 6:10pm
nope,I started on the side window first.I could see the first bolt after I took the glass out of the left side.one of the PO had started to cut into the base rail of the frame
so i can see the first bolt.It has a flat round head.doesn't look like a t-bolt from the top.guess I'll try and cut any that turn with the nut.Thanks for all your advice so far.It really helps to here from someone who has already dealt with some of the things I'm running into.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic