Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wax

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
waterlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wax
    Posted: July-31-2006 at 2:09pm
Is there any reason why one should not use auto wax on boat fiberglass?
waterlover
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 2:24pm
one would be good to wax regardless of the wax one chooses
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 10:18pm
    I would like to find a wax that would keep the waterline from taking on crud. No matter what, it doesnt wash off.

Jeff...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 11:05pm
JEFF: I use "Sno-Bol" toilet cleaner on the '80 and it works great. Even took off the line after being in the water in TN for a month.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 11:12pm
jbear, welcome back! Hope you had good times wiht good friends.

I tried out Collinite Fleetwax this year; it's a great wax, not a liquid but a paste wax so it takes a little work to go on, but I really liked the results.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 11:12pm
    Hey JBEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to have you back!!!!

What I meant was I wish the scum would wash off in the lake with a brush like it does with other boats. 2 weeks and we have a huge line that doesnt come off without pulling the boat out.

Jeff...
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 1:22pm
I've heard carnuba wax evaporates at 100 degrees making it useless here in oklahoma.
I've been using a 3m product for fiberglass
it is a silicon base product,if I sponge off
the waterline daily it comes right off and makes the boat easy to wipe down in the evening

Good luck Munday
advsouthwind View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advsouthwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2006 at 12:24am
collinite industries makes a product called insulator wax. I havent used a better product and i have played with alot of different products. try it you wont be dissapointed. ive even intoduced the product to the sea ray dealer fiberglass man and he is using as a finish wax at the dealership
gave up sea ray life for a 77 southwind 20 project just livin the dream
83SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2006 at 11:06am
Meguairs Flagship premium wax
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2006 at 11:27am
I heard that auto wax is made to remove dried clear coat as well as preserve, where as marine wax is made to keep the gel coat from drying out and actually replenishes the dried out gel. It all sounds like a load of crap to me but I thought I'd share.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic