NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust smell?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 10:23pm
Tim...man, when it comes to posting pics, you always have one for any occassion.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 10:34pm
THread jack. Sorry. Gary did ya see that boat? Was pretty sweet,huh? Did ya bid? Me? No way. I want one but mrs jbear would shoot me.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 10:43pm
Yeah I saw it...it was mine! Damn nieghbor is beginning to piss me off....every time I am away something like this happens! Hell yes I bid...I had too!

I did watch that one...did not reach reserve....damn, I need one more garage....a little extra cash...I could have twins!!!!

Wonder if he will relist????
Man...I do hope someone on the site winds up with it!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 11:19pm
Nice neighbors!. Hope someone here gets it for sure. Maybe wood, his wife says he can have 'em all!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 11:31pm
Tim,
I think its got autolite 46s in her... couldnt find any info for marine applications..

Chris, Your therapist just called ..says you need to open up and express your true feelings! lol

jbear, Dont think I wasnt eyeballing that 72! I sent a copy thru ebay to gary a couple days ago...hey ...maybe YOU can sweet-talk my wife?(I'll let you drive it!)
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 11:39pm
Steve: I would try to sweet talk my own wife if I thought it would do any good. Is a cool lookin' boat.

BTW: How are your "nether regions" doin'?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 11:45pm
I don't know the temp on 46, but I run autolite 26, which is a hot plug. Your boat looks similar to my Mustang. I can't tell from the flag on the front, do you have an intake scoop on the bow? Does the motor box have a vent on the back?
Tim D
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 12:04am
Tim,
Im not a ford guy..so I have no idea either! Keep in mind this is an inline six..
I did install a scoop on the bow, heres a couple of pics..

I also installed two smaller vents ,facing back, on the stern.. one vents directly into the gas tank area..the other runs thru a hose below the floor to the engine compartment.

There are no vents on the engine cover...

BTW... today when we had her out, it was bad...Im wondering if we could be getting any smell coming forward, below the floor, and up over the floorboard, under the bow ? I might try temporarily sealing that area off with some plastic?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 8:11am
hey 62, instead of sealing it up to see of the fumes quit thereby letting you know if its coming from the floor why dont you run it without the engine cover, that way if you still get the fumes you'll be pretty sure its from the vaccum

- just a thought
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:22am
Steve I thought I saw a chrome vent on the front of the motor box in one of your pictures, maybe is just decoration.

Tim doesn't have anything intelligent to say so he just post dump ass pictures, guess it just a reflection of his own personality.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:33am
chris,
I put the scoop/vent on myself. It is hooked up to a 3" vent hose,that I ran under the floor and stopped just below the front of the engine. I would have liked to get a couple of them...but no room on the bow . I also ran a 3" hose from the back of the engine compartment ,up to a vent on the stern of the boat. You can kinda see them in this pic....

I know it probably doesnt flow as much air as would be ideal, but better than the nothing it came from the factory with.

There are no chrome / vents on the engine cover at all..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:49am
must have been the handle or another boat I got confused as the one your have trouble with. Wonder if turning one of the scoops on the stern around blowing air into one and out the other would help? are the bolt patterns symetrical so that you could give it a shoot with out drilling more holes. I would suggest the one with the hose going to teh motor box.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:49am
Chris, that is funny, talking about someone being intelligent or not. And you brag about designing parts for Cadillac and you misspelled cadillac the other day. Check your verbs.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:53am
I don't worry about spelling things right on this site it makes no difference, now if there was a speel check I would use it along with several others.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:55am
I don't have anything intelligent to say, but I mention scoops and vents and 79(chris)is all over it.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 10:30am
no i just just responding to Steve's comments from the ost before my sorry about ya Timmy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic