Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tranny

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tony87nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony87nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tranny
    Posted: August-29-2006 at 10:26pm
Slight knock coming from tranny....and getting boat vibration in reverse.....do i have tranny probs????

Help!!

Thanks,
Anthony
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 12:31am
Maybe, but not necasarily. Could be a number of other things.
What kind of shape is the prop in?
Does the knocking go away when you pick up speed?
How old is the engine/tranny?
Has the Damper plate ever been replaced?
How's the shaft alignment?

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 8:43am
Exactly. Can you turn the shaft by hand easily? if not, alignment is way off and needs immediate attention.

A crappy idle will cause knocking too.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 10:39am
if its only noise and vibration in reverse you may have a tooth out on your planetary, which is a direct result of hitting something or mis-alignment. the planetary is locked and the planetary gears are not turning in forward or nuetral. if you had noise in all ranges and it went away like these guys said,it would be damper related or a mis fire. the dampers job is to soften torsional vibrations which are created on the powerstroke. if you didnt have a damper your trans would last about 10 hours. diesel engines are worse with torsionals. we had a guy that installed a input coupling wrong on a flywheel and the 3" input shaft snapped in half due to torsionals. check your alignment first, if it is out of whack then you know the problem
"the things you own will start to own you"
9360SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9360SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 2:27am
What model your boat? V-drive /direct drive?
Go on wakeboard
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2006 at 11:05pm
eric i have a noise coming from deep down inside my C/C,dont know what to make of it .it is like some womens voice,you know sweet and low,you being the tranny guru,what does this mean????my take and see if you agree with me on this,it sounds like,I NEED MORE OF YOUR MONEY. is this just my imagination or is this bitch gonna get what little money that my ex did not???? thank you Dear Abby, oh i mean Eric. Signed Broke Boat Doctor
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2006 at 10:25am
the best fix for this one is a set of earplugs, you know it will eventually cost you something
"the things you own will start to own you"
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2006 at 8:26pm
tony, what do you think?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic