Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Platform Mount Holes

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
MY70/81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MY70/81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 8:21am
Wow, I am amazed at how far off track this discussion went. I came back today to check on it and found that I had 29 responses, I thought maybe I got some good advice (which I did), along with lots of other fun stuff. Thanks to everyone for the input, after a closer look over the weekend I found that the holes are indeed through the Transom, and it doesn't appear that there is any other problem from being improperly mounted. My plan now is to make some stainless backing plates, seal with appropriate sealant, and mount with quality stainless hardware. Anything I am missing?
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 9:09am
Yeh. You haven't PayPalled us all $5.00 yet. We're waiting.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
bbrech1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbrech1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 10:04am
One thing that i had problems with was the length of the bolts on the two outside brackets. If your bolts are too long they will hit the gas tank and will not snug up the platform to the boat and could possibly put holes in you gas tank.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 10:58am
sounds like yours is mounted a little high, or your using extremely long bolts.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 12:06pm
you two (you know who) should get a dim room, scented candles, and flowers ... then f*&% and get on with it.

these pissing matches are stupid, you both act like women.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 12:12pm
i have raised the flag of peace,even found something we both agree on,Pink Floyd,dont know about the scented candles tho,75 do you have a flavor you like????????????? boat dr
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 12:57pm
oh come on, you guys can do better than that
   lol    eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 12:58pm
never new an alternative lifestyle skiier
MY70/81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MY70/81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 6:55am
JIH & all, is that all you need? I would have thought much more for the quality advice, and especially the Mental Health check up plus Diagnosis. I am used to paying much more for such services, but I give it free to my kids when they act up. Summer is dissapearing fast up here in the North Country, my boat is out of the lake and I am preparing for Snowmobile Season. I guess I will ride these seasons out until I can afford to retire somewhere that I can use my boat year round!
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 8:46pm
Snowmobile? Please explain. Does it have anything to do with that white gound cover I've seen on post cards?
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 10:26pm
Jim in Houston,its this mechanical toy surrounded by snow that you throw money at.when it snows up there we can invite everyone up north to come ski and play in the deep south,reunion/christmas party. the only ice would be in the Igloo. naaaaaah they like the cold too much.......... boat dr
MY70/81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MY70/81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 8:18am
Actually it is my alternative method for cruising the lake in the off season. It also saves money because I don't have to pay extra to keep the Labatts cold. As far as the comment about a toy that you throw money at.... are you serious? I seem to recall Pouring a little bit into my summer toy this year also, it seems that the only thing I own that doesn't require much attention is my Motorcycle, (man did I really just say that). I hope everyone enjoys my off season with their boats, I am jealous at times!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 8:50am
boat doc. we always have something to look forward to during the seasons, we put away the boats and wait for the snow, it breaks it up. its a cycle and in the spring you can hardly wait to bust out the boat    eric
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 9:03am
Originally posted by bbrech1 bbrech1 wrote:

I have an '89 and the platform was also held on by lag screws. I wanted to change it and added through bolts with backing plates. The backing plates are 3/16 thick stainless steel with nuts welded to them.

bbrech1, this is the way the platforms are attached on both my CC's. They have through holes, bolts,washers and locking nuts.. Rock solid way to mount the platforms.. You know all of what's there will hold everything in place without worring about welds or transom rot... Just drill out some new backing plates and get some new SS or Galvanized hardware and your in business...

Good Luck,
Moj'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic