NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Midwest Reunion Recap and Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
Author
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 5:42pm
Keith, thanks for the additional ones of Erin. It was so much fun to watch her tearing across the wakes with new found freedom, the week before she was working so hard, but the bar was inhibiting her.

Have to Laugh about her droopy drawers in the last shot, my wife was so mad when we got back from skiing and saw she was wearing her older sisters suit. Now I see why...
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 6:21pm
Here are some photos from Saturday at the sandbar - where it was sunny and 90 degrees all day!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 6:28pm
I don't see any of the shirts I made. Several people told me they were going to wear them to GL. Maybe they wore them to diner.
Tim D
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 6:44pm
Pete got in the water?! I thought he just rode on the boats? It must have been REALLY nice!

Great pictures!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Pete got in the water?! I thought he just rode on the boats?

Chris,
Not you too working me over!!

Here's the story. First year: I really didn't know what was going on and didn't put my trunks on. We really don't get much of a "sandbar" group up north on the water. Not too many places to do it ether. Second and third year: Just too damn cold!! (must be my age getting to me? But, all I remember of last year was peoples teeth chattering who did brave jumping in!!

BTW, it was one of the first questions my wife asked me!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

-Keith

These were people that showed up in a Master Craft. Kristof promply let them know they were at the right party, but they arrived in the wrong kind of boat. It was nice to see they stayed to check things out after taking some friendly abuse over their boat of choice.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

2nd Annual Norwegian Bay Blast

4th Place: Jerry Jarvous
2009 Ski Nautique 196 CCF Edition 
53.7 MPH 

3rd Place: Alan Arrighi
1981 Ski Nautique 20th Annv Edition 
54.6 MPH 

2nd Joe Fennesney
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
57.3 MPH

1st: Reid Pinkham
1973 Mustang
58.6 MPH 

Considering the warm water and air temps, those are some impressive numbers! I cant say that Im surprised by the outcome though. Did anyone keep track of the "honorable mentions"? I figured Jim's Python and Gary's '73 would have been in the mix as well.

Im very jealous, sounds like a great time was had by all. I keep hearing stories of 90 degree temps, but Ill believe it when I see it- better get some nice weather on order for next year too, Dave.

Pete, glad you decided to venture into the water. I see that it has to be in the '90's to get you out of your turtleneck... how warm does it have to be before you switch to a short sleeve shirt?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Im very jealous, sounds like a great time was had by all. I keep hearing stories of 90 degree temps, but Ill believe it when I see it- better get some nice weather on order for next year too, Dave.

Pete, glad you decided to venture into the water. I see that it has to be in the '90's to get you out of your turtleneck... how warm does it have to be before you switch to a short sleeve shirt?

Real funny Tim!! Even after the turtleneck comment, I will honestly say you were missed.

BTW, the long sleeves were so my arms wouldn't get burnt up. I'm not a grease my body up with sun screen type!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 8:00pm
Tim, I think Kristof had your shirt on this week end.

Thanks for the footing pics Keith did you get some of the spectacular falls?

The food was great Thursday night. The people that were there for Thursday night were all fantastic to talk to. Friday was another nice day on the water and at the boat show. Saturday morning came early but was worth getting up for. The sandbar, well you just had to be there to take it all in. The only thing that comes to mind to cover the gathering at the sandbar is, Priceless.

Reid thanks again for letting me ride/drive the Mustang!

After a small tire issue we made it the rest of the way home safe and event free.

Special thanks to Keith, Dave, Alan, Steve, and all the others that worked behind the scenes to help pull this event off. We can not thank you guys enough.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 8:05pm
Tim, I made no attemp at the speed run. I knew Joe and Reid had the battle for first locked up. There will always be next year to try. Was hoping to see your BFN there, sorry to hear you could not make it.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 8:10pm
That gem of a 64 looked like the boat Reid had at LG last year.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

That gem of a 64 looked like the boat Reid had at LG last year.

I wish mine looked like that Kevin, as it was one of my favorite boats there. Mines a big old tank.

I feel for everyone that couldn't make it, and I'm already looking forward to next year. Looking forward also to seeing Tim and that Barefoot in NH next month too   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

We had a great time. Couple highlights:

- Teaching OverMyHead's son Austin to barefoot

Certainly was an unexpected highlight for us. Thank you guys so much. Joel, you are a natural instructor. We did not expect to do more than some boarding behind our own boat. I will try to post the video link. I think my son has it on utube.

It was great to meet everyone, and say thanks in person for all the great help I have recieved from this site. Thanks Allen for the tune up help and most of all thank you keith for this wonderful monster that you created.

Dave.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

It was great to meet everyone,

Dave.

Dave,
The same is true with having the pleasure of meeting yourself. It's funny we talk all the time on site but then finally get to see/meet the face on the other end of the computer!!!
It's happened to me lots over the last 4 years with face to face meetings of the CCfan family.

Some however were a disappointment like meeting CQ for the first time.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ski247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 12:19am
Great weekend. Keith, Lisa says thanks again for the ski lesson. I think you created a monster. She already wants to get back on the ski and won't quit talking about a new boat. How much to bronze your first boat? Can't wait to see everyone again. Quinner, you are crazy, but I love it.
The point of life is not to arrive in the grave in a well preserved body, but to slide in totally worn out shouting "holy sh#@ what a ride"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 12:31am
A few photos from Saturday Night. I managed to get some pictures of the winners, but not all - sorry:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 12:46am
87BFN owner - "Thanks for the footing pics Keith did you get some of the spectacular falls?"

A few

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 12:47am
Boy what great pics there! If I had to be biaes in some way, sure do love's Pete's CC and Alan's CC. What a great family there!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 12:51am
Need names with some of the faces Did the Florida, then NC, then Georgia, bound. made in NC orange and blue CCFan.com banner make it!!??
Keith, you can just keep those with you. I'll get some more made for us down south. If you need more, let me know. Especially if you want to experiment with different background colors. Maybe the color of a 'special boat' that might or could win a banner as an award   

Marty
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 12:57am
Hey Marty,
Yes, the banners Tim sent made it by Friday - just in time for the boat show. The blue and orange CCF banner was the front of the registration table!

I'll try to go back and add some names.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 1:37am
Just the typical good time with good boats and great people. I am glad some people were taking pictures.. I sure didn't so keep them coming. I will add my thanks to those who helped plan, set-up, clean, etc.... all went very well.    
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 10:15am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I am glad some people were taking pictures.. I sure didn't

Joe,
I understand the problem. It's hard to use a camera and a fire extinguisher at the same time.

I'm sure glad it wasn't worse than it was.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 10:51am
Joe what happened in the speed runs to need the fire extinguisher? I hope not to much damage was done to that sweet engine. I would have had you at a even money bet to hit that magical 60 mph this year.

It sure looks a lot warmer in this years pictures. People are actually in the water without jumpers or heater shirts.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 11:18am
Looks like I missed a great time with some great people and even better weather. I can't wait to here more stories of the weekend other than JoeinNY's need for a fire extinguisher? There has got to be a Kristof or quinner story somewhere. Thanks for pictures and keep them coming. Glad to hear a fun weekend was had by all and Barney didn't seem to cause any trouble.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 12:27pm
Keith - thanks for putting together another great reunion.

Kristof, it was great to meet you. Thanks for making the long trip and I hope you are having a great time with Billy and Karen.

It's hard to say which was more fun, riding in Pete's Atom, riding with Steve in his Dad's '64, or driving the 200, but I feel very fortunate to be able to experience all of these!

Can't wait for next year.

-Phil
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 12:30pm
    The fire extinguisher didn't come out during the speed runs, it was brought out as a result of an ingnition upon a restart sat. morning. A gas line leak provided the fuel, enough to pop the engine cover up a couple inches before leaving the gas film on the bilge water on fire. After removing the passengers it was dealt with by unloading the fire extinguisher, and believe me there was no regard to keeping the engine clean I splattered that sucker through the crack I pulled up the engine cover. For good measure I also dumped the fat sacks in the bilge after it was apparently out. None of this effected the speed runs or even required a tow back... except maybe that heading back into town to purchase of a new fire extinquisher had me a little late to the speed runs and by my turn barney had indeed shut us down out front between the sandbars.

Lessons learned.. don't futz with your carb after 7 hours of sleep in two days, you might not remember to retighten all the fittings you pulled on in the process. (I should have questioned my overall state of mind immediately when I noticed I put the distributor cap on without replacing the rotor). The joints you checked for leaks (but never physically retightened) might need to be rechecked for leaks after a day of pounding on the waves (and the road construction leading to the bayview). You can't run the blower too much and a working fire extinguisher within arms reach can be worth it's weight in gold.

As for Kristof/Quinner stories.. this is a family site and this was as usual a great family event as for what happened after the kids were asleep.. we all sat around a campfire and roasted smore's of course (I guess we could have sat around my bilge)...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 1:00pm
Pete. Now I have a face to go with the name, Love the hair, glad to see you keep it original.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Pete. Now I have a face to go with the name, Love the hair, glad to see you keep it original.

Kevin,
Yes, it's always great to put the faces with the people!

CQ feels I should be going down to NC to see Reid's barber!!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 3:16pm
Barney? Huh! Quinner had his number late in the event. He starts idling towards us and CQ cranks up 1500 Jigawatts of Clapton's "I Shot the Sheriff", and Barney promptly turned and went the other way.   This was also after he came up to Moj's boat, which was sporting a large Black Hawks 2010 Championship flag, to hassle him because he mistakening thought the flag was upside down?? But Moj corrected him and he left without incident, just embarrassment. Barney did stop 800Wildcat (I was told that's who it was)in a screaming church camp 350 powered SkiTique for supposedly going within 100 feet of an anchored pontoon, which i felt was actually parked too close to an obvious professional boat racing venue, so who was REALLY at fault? But only a warning was issued and the Tique did manage to hit 50mph on the GPS.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2010 at 3:29pm
Looks like too much fun guys...definitely jealous! Hopefully i can make one of these sometime!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
  Share Topic