Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Dates SET!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1819202122 26>
Author
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2006 at 10:40am
Great pics and tips Magic !!! Yes, I meant Sunday evening!! Glass like out on the S.E. shoreline across from the campground... Had a riot teaching the kids how to ski..

As everyone could see by the pics, this is a big lake.. I will certainly make sure everyone knows where the gas, restroom and flatest water is.. Early and late are best for sure, the rest of the time we wade around and drink beer !! Yep, fun for all as they say !!!

Thanks again Alan...
Moj'
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2006 at 11:37am
Thanks for the pictures Alan.

All of us owe you guys a big THANKS for all the work you are doing, aahhhh pig roast.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2006 at 11:46am
PLBC,

We we're stoked that we could make the pig roast happen, that's gonna be a great way to end the day.

There's a lot of satisfaction in putting this thing together. I was fueling up at the lake sunday and a guy comes over to check out the boat. Turns out he has a 74 nautique and was up all the way from Ottowa we're I ski to check out the lake, by the time he left me with my pep talk he and his wife we're on their way to check out hotels for the reunion so hope we'll see him there. I'm terrible with names and already forgot his but he does view the site so hopefully the guy with the green and white 74 nautique will show up. Bad with names but never forget a boat. I should have gotten his phone number cause I'm struggling finding a ski partner down there.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2006 at 10:43pm
Pig roast, sheez. This thing keeps getting better- next thing you know we'll be sponsored by Miller Lite... wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm glad we got some spaces scoped out for the course. In the end, the wind will dictate where it goes... you don't want to try to lay that thing out in anything over 5mph! Looking forward to it.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2006 at 2:25pm
Alan You Da man!!!!

Stang, all is good....Boat ran awesome!! Where are my pics of that finished boat you've got? Will it be ready for green lake?.

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2006 at 1:48am
Paul...I do plan to take it up there...there is not much I need to do but find the time to do it! I was in the garage tonight hooking up the electrical stuff and that went fine...however , I tried tapping the front crankshaft seal in and bent it...so got to get another tomorrow and make a tool to do it...got any suggestions??? As soon as I get that in ...I can fire it up.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2006 at 8:29am
try using a piece PVC pipe that is square on both ends and matches up with the O.D. of the seal.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2006 at 10:26am
Or a deep well socket works to!Just find one that has the same OD as the seal(as 79 mentioned) and that works great, You can even put an old extention on it so you dont damage your socket when your driving it in.

Dont stop now stang! you've got three boats to get ready
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2006 at 3:43pm
Thanks for the photos of the area - really helps. Can't wait!
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 10:39am
Bumpppp

Met Quinner this weekend, looking forward to meeting the rest of you. Thanks Chris, owe you a few frosty beverages of your choice.

Seems like there are a few boats still waiting.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 10:03pm
Paul...guess what??? The 312 fired up for the first time today...yippie!!! Took a while to figure out that the dist. was 180 deg backwards...thanks to my nieghbor , we got it right and it fired instantly...sound was pure heaven!
Got the boat out of the garage and cleaned....I can get some photos finally!!!!
stang

The Super Air

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 11:28pm
stang,
KOOOL! great to hear it started..   What did you do for cooling? How long did you let it run?   ......Im hoping to start building the 283 for my 62 Higgins sometime in the next month,may hafta get some pointers from you!

Get some pics posted!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 12:07am
Just hooked up to the hose and ran for a few minutes...shut off and on again..fires easy!
Had to break for dinner...so we will set the timing tomorrow...and pop it in the lake!

Pointers...Take it to a good builder...bring it home and put it in...hope to remember what goes where....and make sure you nieghborknows his sh-t!!!

I tell ya...really learned a bunch! Next time I am taking pics of where everything was and having a more organized method...and writing a log! Most of it went back easy...but a few wires had me for a bit.Lucky I had the shop manual.

Hey Wood...what did you do for carpet color???
I'm doing red in the 62.
stang

The Super Air

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 12:31am
stang,
Gonna go with grey carpet...was hoping to get a "new" red interior before GL, but the upholstery guys been "hiding" lately...at least I still have the blue... Im still working on putting new floor in....

As for the 283-engine "builder", Im gonna try it myself. Ive built lots of "normal" engines, Time to try my hand at a backwards marine one. I wish I could find a marine manual for a Chevy/Pacer conversion tho!? I did take some pics of the donor motor before dis-assmbly.

Good luck getting her wet! Take some pics!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 8:10am
Stang,

180 out.... Yup i did the same thing and also had two plug wires backwards, Talk about running like sh*t!!! I think you will be amazed at how much torque that 312 has? The heads and valves are just huge in those
I also wish i would have taken pictures before i started.... To many things to remember by the time you get ready to put it back together!

As one Famous comedian said "GET-ER-DONE You know i was thinking that your one of the few that has a 6 cylinder classic on this site...right? You know what would be cool wood with that light of a motor if you were to put a turbo or even twin turbo?? How kick ass would that be
With half the weight and twice the power you boat would be like a rocket! Yea baby!!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 3:30pm
Can any of the guys that have been to Green Lake or somebody that knows where everything is throw a half arse map together of where everything is located? I see Norwegian Bay but would like to know where the launches and campgrounds and whatnot are? Relative to other places, campgrounds, B and Bs, gas stations. That would be very helpful. Thank you.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 4:33pm
PLBC,
Is it ok to receive this in the registration packet come Fri night of the event? This was going to be included and openly discussed the night we all arrive... There are these exact point I would like to mention due to the many of us using the docks around the maina that weekend.. They're several different spots to launch from and get gas from around the lake..

If you would like some more information, you could give me a call as well and I'd be happy to help..

Thanks,
Mojo !!!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 4:58pm
PLBC,

If you go to the Greenlake website, they'll send you a free tourist map type deal. I got three or four items from them, but haven't had a chance to look them over yet. I think the site is referenced in the registration section for the Greenlake reunion. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 5:35pm
Yes Brian, that is correct, thanks for the reference.. There is a map of the lake, unfortunately, however, they're no reference to anything like gas stops,restrooms, eating establishments etc.. Nor the proximity to town..Great if you're fishing...

The site from the Chamber will give you locations of all hotels being considered and practically everything else about the city you could ever want..

Like I said, if there are any specific questions, please feel free to email me or give me a call after normal business hours..

Thanks
Dave
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 11:16pm
Paul'
A turbo six-beater!?!..NOW thats something even I didnt think off!   

Like Ive said before, she is a pooch...but I still love the looks and even the sound! And with gas pushing three bucks, the operating cost is pretty reasonable.

...hmmm a turbo........
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 8:49am
I'm gonna go ahead and be a noob here, I don't want to go back page by page and still come up empty. I'm looking for a copy of the flyer to print off here, so I can hand it out to the 20 Correct Crafts on our lake this weekend. I'm not terribly concerned if it's color or not. Thanks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 10:25am
Hollywood, give this link a try Green lake Flyer
I thought that was posted on the reunion page but I don't see it, could have gotten lost during the upgrade.

20 nautiques huh, time to put that salesmans hat on and get em out there. I can always order a larger pig.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 8:54pm
Hey all
Got a new trailer a few weeks back, and now I can make the trip to GL without hesitation or worry. I actually used the trip as an excuse for the new wife so she'd let me pony up the money. Don't tell her that! Not a good way to start a new marriage. Seriously though, can't wait to meet all of you!

Rob
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 1:00am
Rob,
After being married for over 31 years, I can tell you...its never too early to "break em in right"    (I just talked my wife into letting me get a newer pickup ...used GL as the "excuse" also!)... we should have reunions more often!

Look forward to meeting you at GL .. BTW, where are you staying?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 1:43am
Wood...Rob , I have it figured out! Find out what is on the wifes want list! Ya have to work the wording a bit so you don't sound like such a greedy Bast--d

It goes like this...

"hey honey...you've been wanting to take a trip have'nt you?"..."Niagra falls??? you have never been there right?"....SHE replies..."why do you ask?"....ME...(this is the subtle hook part)"oh, nothing really...ah..just thought I would want to see a boat in Detroit...it's on the way you know".

Ok...yes...greedy bast--d! It's better than buyin one and tryin to hide it behind the garage!

I'm already workin something so I can see Jbear...it starts out...you know just put Orlando in Niagra's place! Color it with the Disney World part for the kids...and bing batta boom! See ya this winter John!!!

And yes you can have them all...Wood!
stang

The Super Air

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 8:47am
Thanks for the link. I saw the flyer before but couldn't find it yesterday. If I get ambitious I'll even go over to the 2 neighboring lakes with another 20 boats to solicit.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 10:22am
No problem Hollywood, look's like it got lost in our 30 pages of chatter. You think we're all a little excited or what.

I can't thank you enough for pushing the fliers, I can honestly say this thing is starting to wear me out a little but it will worth it. That's the best way you all can help out is to get more people there.

Thanks everyone
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Look forward to meeting you at GL .. BTW, where are you staying?

We'll be at the GL Inn
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 11:42pm
Alan,
Wearing you out!??? I can understand why!!!!

I just want everyone to know how much work Alan and Dave have done towards getting this reunion off the ground!!!!! Its unbelievable!!!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 1:35am
stang

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1819202122 26>
  Share Topic