NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Dates SET!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1920212223 26>
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 7:03am
62 forget I said that, my jobs wearing me out, The reunion has been a lot of fun working on. Only thing that's a little tiresome is that most people in this boating business are extremely busy right now and almost impossible to get them to give you a few minutes of their time. That's their lively hood so it's understandable. I'm starting to figure out when to talk to people and when I'm bugging people. Like the week before Memorial day, bad timing, these guys have every boater in the world calling to get their boat dropped in the water for the season kick off. You just have to be patient and it pays off when they finally have a minute to listen to what we're up to
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Alan,
Wearing you out!??? I can understand why!!!!

I just want everyone to know how much work Alan and Dave have done towards getting this reunion off the ground!!!!! Its unbelievable!!!

Thanks Wood, but I can't take the credit. It's really Alan and his wife Dana whom have come to the plate,,, really.. It's going to be a really great time for you all and your families.. Look forward to meeting everyone !!!!

We're almost there !!!

Moj'
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 7:45pm
Alan,

Thanks to you and all those involved for every effort put forth to make GL happen, it will be my personal goal to ensure you are never without a cold one in hand throughout the entire weekend. BTW, What is your flavor of choice?

Q
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2006 at 10:46pm
Looks like we have another taker! Still would love to see more.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2006 at 11:53pm

Welcome Pat! Glad you signed up for GL! It was great talking boats with you and Wendy yesterday!

(Pat and I knew each other and only live about 20 miles apart)...Kinda wierd that it took this site to find out we both have old CCs!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2006 at 9:49am
Welcome Pat and Shane! It's just arround the corner! See everyone soon!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2006 at 4:18pm
I whored myself out this weekend and passed out some flyers. I plan on dropping the taking the pontoon over to another lake and doing the same this weekend. I'd be happy to see atleast one boat from my area make it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2006 at 8:44pm
Hollywood atleast we got you off the streets   Just kidding.

Thanks for the help. Keep it up man.

Talked to Mike Seipel today, he's looking forward to a good time with us and may be bringing his family and hang around saturday night for the pig roast.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2006 at 6:59pm
Alan...er um...I mean mr. Magicman...Is Seipel pronounced...long "I" ? Don't want to embaras myself more than I normally would!

Ran that orange rascal today @ 7 AM !!! Ran strong and fast...docked it and put those new bunks on...huge diff it makes using a good bunk carpet...slides nice and easy!

Hows that 81 running...man it looks fine!
stang

The Super Air

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2006 at 7:26pm
Welcome Brian, Shane, Patrick, and Joel. What boats are you guys bringing?

Shane, I saw yours on Planet Nautique. It's pretty sharp.

Stang 72...how many are you going to be bringing? At least the Orange one I hope. Man, can't wait to see that thing!!!!
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2006 at 7:39pm
The plan is to bring three...the 72 promo SN , the 72 mustang , and the 62 classic...Carivan city! My nieghbor is bringing a Famous 72 SN and driving up with us...he is not registered YET(booked for a room though)! NOT YET...come on Brian...and tell the story!

Can't speak for Shane ,Brian or Pat...but Joel is bringing a fine looking late 70's SN...we get together each summer in Minn....no pic Joel???whats up with that?

Rlienen...when my wife see's that open bow...well...she's going to want one... and I can build another garage
stang

The Super Air

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2006 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Rlienen...when my wife see's that open bow...well...she's going to want one... and I can build another garage

Stang72....funny you should say that. My then fiance and now wife wanted the open bow REALLY bad. They must be rare in the midwest, because we looked for 2 summers before we found this one. If it was up to me, we'd have gotten a "2001", and if it was up to her we'd have a Sport Nautique. But, the Sport wouldn't go in the garage. In the end, I'm thankful we got the 97 because of the TSC hull. Greatest thing I've ever skiied behind.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2006 at 8:13pm
Gary; I think you are my new hero, after ReidP of course. I think he might still have you beat by the numbers. Wonder why he ain't been on here. Anyhow any one of your 3 boats would be desirable but all 3 together, wow. BTW, mrsjbear's favorite was our '03 206 open bow. So you better pour another footer for more garage space. Know a good builder??!!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2006 at 8:49pm
Well yeah...the famous ReidP is the king! I know he added one this winter...a 63 Classic I believe...said he should'nt ebay while drinkin beer Quite frankly...I think thats the best time to ebay...next day is like xmas

Builder?...that would be me!

John...are you out of the bad weather(H factor) yet?

The wife say's next boat is an open bow...Ok , I like that..."the Next" as opposed to no more!

I think 62wood CAN have them all(and someday I hope he does)...I just want some too!
stang

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2006 at 9:20pm
Stang,

"Mr Seipel" is a regular guy so you can't go wrong with "Mike". You might think superstar status but the dude's at work grinding out a living just like the rest of us.

Rebuilt the carb on the 81 a few weeks ago and it runs real nice, only thing that I 'm having trouble with time to use it. We are so freakin busy at work it kills me not to be able to get out in it. The up side is I 've lost 10 pounds from skipping lunch every day.

And speaking of adding to the collection, I got the green light from the boss to start looking for a new project. Seems it keeps me out of trouble all winter. have no idea what I'm looking for but I'll know when I see it.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2006 at 9:38pm
Green light from the boss! I like the approach...when you see it! Man , there is a ton of cool stuff out there to be had!

Lost 10 lbs...you got to drink some beer at GL and get it back
stang

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2006 at 9:41pm
Gary; I am on a strict e-bay limit also.

H-factor has passed us by, 6-8in of rain since Sunday. Weather will be great by the time you visit this fall (we hope)

Mrs. Stang will love that new bowrider. Get busy lookin'

I do believe that 62Wood's lovely wife Pam would let him have them all, if he insisted!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2006 at 12:25am
jbear,
Nows NOT the time to "test the waters" with the better half!   I bought another pickup a while back ..planned to sell one of the others..( really ) but after getting this 96 Silverado 4x4 with 75,000 miles ,decided it was too nice to use for a work truck...besides dont most guys have four trucks?

However if that Mustang in your backyard was closer to IL...there may be a road trip!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2006 at 4:39pm
Damn i'd love to have that SS ! !

To damn far though.

Hello.......Stang.....Did you say something about pictures of a classic here not to long ago??? Feed me brotha with the pics.

Hey did anyone get pics. of that mustang?? I know stang would really like to have that motor cover!!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2006 at 8:55pm
I've been away for awhile...What is the SS For sale?
Scott
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2006 at 9:23pm
We need some help from anyone going to the Cedar Point Reunion next weekend to pass out some Green lake flyers. My shop foreman was on the losing end of a car/bicycle encounter and now lays in the hospital with a concussion and a neck brace, I'm sure once he talks to his lawyer he won't be coming back to work. So the extra workload is going to force me to miss it and we really should have some representation there.

I can send some color flyers to anyone that would be willing to help, please post here or shoot me an e-mail if you can help out.

Thanks
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2006 at 11:44pm
Paul,
I just got some pics of the mustang today didnt look too bad..if it were closer, Id be looking at it! Still trying to "con" jbear into bringing it with him to GL
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 9:20am
Alan,
Sorry to hear about your latest issues at tha grind!! Like you need this come summer.. Hoping for this persons fast recovery and for your sanity my friend !!! Let me know if there is anything I can do??? I used to draw a pretty sweet squeegee myself in the day !!! Hell, I even used to coat screens !!

Hey all and greetings from Shanghai !!! Lot of great buzz going on in here... Very cool!! Can someone please drive to GL and work on the Tique while I'm away??? This summer travel is for the birds.....

Is JBear coming to GL??? Killer

What SS is for sale that Stang wants?? Maybe I could pick it up on my way back in LOL...

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 10:15am
Mojo,

Unbeleivable this year, I've owned this business for 9 years and have never been hit like this. My embroidery supervisor is out on workers comp for carpel tunnel, my screen printer gets hit by a car and my lead customer service girl who is expecting in september now has to have bed rest 3 monthes before we planned. We will survive, this is what I call a character building test.

One thing is for sure and the wife agrees, we will be at Green even if we just close and lock the doors for a few days.

Bigwavedave just shot me an e-mail and wants to hook up for a ride this weekend, I think that's just what the doctor ordered.

See you soon, don't bring home any bird stuff.

Magic
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 11:29am
Alan,
Man, Sorry to hear of all thats going on....like moj says, let me know if theres anything we can help with...

Im hoping to get the 64 wet this weekend for the first time this year myself....

NOW. listen to what "Doctor" bigwave says....take two cool ones (for starters)and get plenty of rest...on the water that is!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 4:53pm
Steve, glad to here you are going to make it out this week end . Wish i could too, but we are going to lake Wawasee for a little wind powered ride on my brothers 28 foot Escow . Hope you have a nice time . We will probably get out on Sunday 25th. Hope to see you out ,Have a few for me. Watch out for water popo!!!!!!!

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 5:05pm
Pat, stop by the sand bar and say hi to my old neighbor Dave Kleeman, he has an all white 342 Rinker, with dealer tags on it just look for 3-4 of the same size Rinkers tell him chris sent you over.

grap a bite at the Channel Marker while your there as well, don't waiste your money at the Frog or Sleepy Owl. the frog's more of a nightclub and the owl is way over priced.
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2006 at 6:06am
81 I am going to be at cedar point if you want me to pass out flyers I could do it.

Rob
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2006 at 7:12am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Mojo,

Unbeleivable this year, I've owned this business for 9 years and have never been hit like this. My embroidery supervisor is out on workers comp for carpel tunnel, my screen printer gets hit by a car and my lead customer service girl who is expecting in september now has to have bed rest 3 monthes before we planned. We will survive, this is what I call a character building test.

One thing is for sure and the wife agrees, we will be at Green even if we just close and lock the doors for a few days.

Bigwavedave just shot me an e-mail and wants to hook up for a ride this weekend, I think that's just what the doctor ordered.

See you soon, don't bring home any bird stuff.

Magic

This crap happens in 3's Magic... I'm sure it will be over soon.. Seriously though, let me know if you need a hand....

Get out there and have some fun!! I hear the weather's not to bad..... Work will always be there..

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2006 at 7:14am
Rob, That's hugh man, thanks. I really appreciate the help. Shoot me an e-mail with your address and I'll get the flyers in the mail to you. I'm going to include some Green lake visitor guides for anyone that's serious about coming, it will help them make arraingements.

THANK YOU
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1920212223 26>
  Share Topic