NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Dates SET!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2021222324 26>
Author
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2006 at 6:37pm
Hey guys, our much looked forward trip to Green Lake is now on hold. Mrs. Lake is having major back surgery on June 29, and will be far from ready for a long trip.
I'm really going to miss catching up with you guys, but my priority is here.
If anyone is interested we have a deposit on a cabin on the west side of the lake, very reasonable rates, and a nice place, very close to boat launch. I'll talk to the owners and see if we can get rental switched.
I'll have to live this one out vicariously through you guys.
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2006 at 11:45pm
Chuck,
Sorry to hear about your wife... We were looking forward to meeting you and your family...(well ok , I wanted to see your boat)

Wish your wife the best on the upcoming surgery...your family will be in our thoughts and prayers..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2006 at 12:31am
Chuck...sorry to hear that...hope all goes well for the wife.

We will miss you!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2006 at 1:24am
Chuck: Had to get the back fixed myself, know what the wife is goin' thru. My prayers will be with her.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2006 at 12:40pm
Chuck, Sorry you can't make it but I'm sure we'll all have a toast in your honor. Best wishes to the wife, family before everything else. We'll see you next year.

Drop me an email with your address and I'll make sure your packet and Tee shirts get to you.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2006 at 1:07pm
Magicman; Looks as tho it is not in the cards for me to make it either. Sad to say, you guys are gonna have an awesome time. Would it be possible for me to get a couple shirts also? Thanks.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2006 at 1:15pm
That's a major bummer jbear.
We'll print up some extra shirts to have for sale. I think Keith may put them for sale in the site store but don't know for sure. We'll work it out.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2006 at 1:35pm
Alan: Major bummer to me too. The first one is always the best one. Hope you guys will post lots of pics.

I will watch the site for a post from Keith as to the shirts.

Hope things slow down a little for you.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2006 at 12:16pm
Good luck and a speedy recovery to Mrs. Lake. I have to say that The Lake boat was one of the ones I really looked forward to seeing. Maybe next year.

See the rest of you in... 25 days.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2006 at 1:38pm
Back problems are a PITA.

P.S. The Lake - your signature link says 69 when the diaries says 68.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2006 at 7:48pm
Thanks guys, for your concern. What a great site! Super people here.
Hollywood, when I first registered, I thought the boat was a 68; it came off the line in I think October of that year, I called CC and they confirmed it. However, it probably was sold as a '69 model. The engine is stamped '68.
Anyway, I've taken to calling it a 69, I guess that's what it is.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2006 at 6:36pm
The Lake:

Sorry you won't be able to make it. Your boat was in the top 3 that I wanted to see. Oh well, family definitly comes first. Best wishes to the wife, and hope to see you at the "2nd Annual CC Fan Reunion"

By the way...I love the shot in your diary of your boat pulling the wakeboarder. After nearly 40 years, it still looks perfectly natural out there towing a wakeboarder! Nothing like the sight of a Nautique on the water, no matter what year it is.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2006 at 10:57pm
I agree with you Rleinen, the best way to watch a Nautique is when it's doing what it was meant to do. And, for me skiing behind it is a blast; it doesn't have the nice wake your boat would have, but I like listening to it. We're definitely the oldest boat running the slalom course.
I think one of the things I was looking forward to was seeing some of the newer boats like yours, and seeing what the classics have morphed into.
Thanks for your concern for the Mrs.
Take lots of pictures!
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2006 at 12:02pm
I was just on the lake (not GL, but our regular lake here in IL) with Hollywood yesterday (Saturday)... we were on the water from 8AM-Noon and there was nary a single boat on the lake besides us. Zero wind and sunny skies- this let me to think that it may be because the 4th of July weekend is next weekend, and perhaps that fact is causing most of the wallys to wait until the holiday weekend to come out. This then led me to think that perhaps our choosing of the weekend or two after the 4th in GL was a great move- most of the wallys will have done all their big boating days during the holiday weekend and maybe we'll catch a break in GL.... just thinking positive thoughts here. We might get lucky with the water.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2006 at 9:23am
M3Fan,
Glad you had a great day before the rain settled in... The only thing you really need to pray for is no wind out on GL. People won't be the issue. Seeing the lake is 7 miles X 3 miles, there's plenty of room to play. The problem is a stiff breeze gets the rollers pretty good size from one end to the other... We had the Tique out there the other weekend and there wasn't a ripple on GL... We had my little kids sking right in the middle !!!

Moj'
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 9:54pm
Yes, time draws to a couple of weekend before we all get together doing beer curls and talking CC's !! Things are progressing and after the 4th's holiday we would like a solid count of registered attendees so we can prepare for the Sat night dinner. So, if anyone has some hold outs, that know they are definitly coming, please get their attention and have them register. Anyone computer illiterate, please help them out..

Also, I know a few of you fine people were gracious enough to offer some games for the kids IE: "Baggo", volleyball, etc. If you could drop me a line and let me know what you could commit to bringing to the park Sat afternoon, we would greatly appreciate it !!

d.dorsen@worldnet.att.net

Thanks again !!!

Moj'
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 12:13am
Lake,

Tell the wife to hang in there. Last Monday I underwent a T3-T4 Laminectomy. It didn't go as well as we had hoped and I ended up in the hospital for three days (we'd expected only 1). I've currently got about an 8 inch incision and about 15 staples running neck to shoulder blade. I won't say that it doesn't hurt, because it does, but I've felt worse. I went back to work on an abbreviated schedule in about a week. It probably won't be able to waterski or wakeboard this year, and I'm not yet sure how long till I can ride in a boat. Nevertheless, the Greenlake trip is a big motivator for me, and I have the dates circled on the calendar. If I can stand the six hour plane flight and 2 hour drive to Green Lake, I'll be there. I love the boats and the water sports, but it's primarily the people that are driving me to make this trip. I hope I get to meet your wife and family next year and we can compare notes. My best to your wife and family. It will probably be harder on you than for her. I know it's been very difficult for my wife.
Keep the faith. BKH
Livin' the Dream

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 9:01am
I may have some last minute guests coming with me- perhaps my brother and his buddy who live in GL. Is there any way to "append" your guest count? It might be a good idea to have extra T shirts and sell them for 10 bucks a piece or so- I'm sure people will want more of them since the graphic is so great.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 12:46pm
Brian,
I hope and pray your recover goes great. Take it easy, although I'm sure it is hard to set out a skiing season.   I'm glad the Greenlake trip is a motivator. My wife's surgery is tomorrow morning--they are having to fuse with metal rods and bone grafts, expecting a slow, but good recovery. We will certainly look forward to meeting your family as well at some future point. I'm hoping the trip really buids some enthusiasm this year that carries over to next.
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 1:04pm
Hey M3,

I recently asked the same question, Alan suggested I contact Keith before July 1st with my final head/guest count.

BKH,

Good to see you back and on the road/lake to recovery!

See you all in a couple weeks!

CQ
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 2:00pm
Lake,

Sorry to hear aboout your wife..... and sorry you cant make the trip with us!! Was looking forward to the convoy to green lake. We will take lots of pictures for ya and it will be just like you were there. Thoughts and prayers for you wife and if you need anything let me know i'm just up the street!

Paul,

Hey moj,

Getting anxious and i pick up the new (old) trailer for the classic Fri. from georgia(Man what a drive) then it's sand blast,paint and new wheels and tires. That might make the old boat more presentable at the boat show??? Is everybody geared up for the goose blind? The band is really ready for the big weekend!! Damn right..... READY TO ROCK THE GOOSE!!! And in the park Sat.!!

See you guys there!!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 2:24pm
Hey Paul, I think I saw the classic heading north on 291 at 50 Hwy last week. I was on my motorcycle headed the other way.
Hey, do you ever get up early, interested in an early morning ski on Winnebago?
Thanks for thoughts, definitely want to see lots and lots of GL pics
Chuck

Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 3:42pm
M3fan,

Just shoot Keith an email with your additions and he'll send you a bill. There will be onsite registration and tee shirts available. I beleieve it will cost $10 per person instead of $5. Still a deal though

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 4:04pm
Brian,
Take some real good drugs before the flight, you'll do fine !! I'll have room for you and your better half in the Cobalt. It'll be cushy enough to keep the wave hammering off your spine.. Better for the "baby" as well. No sweat,, just keep recovering and remember how much fun it will be once you get there !!!

Lake, best of luck to you and yours. I'm sorry you won't be able to make the trek to Gods Country !! Maybe next year !! Hope all goes well with your wife's recovery...

Paul,
Amen on being ready.. The Goose will certainly be full for you guys !! I'm going up next weekend to rattle them up a bit for ya !! Don't forget, I get that classic in the park all shiney come Friday late afternoon, so everyone can see that entire rig !!

Same with Stang, Magicman and Chuck Burnside... Shine um up boys !!!!

Moj'
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 7:16pm
What a great post. Can't believe how long this has become! Sometimes so much just on this post that it is hard to remember whay you wanted to answer.

Chuck: What kinda bike? Man I would to meet you. Your wife is in our prayers.

Brian: So the back finally got ya? I had to have mine fixed about 8 years ago. I was bad between L-4 & L-5. Phone-man's back. To much twisting and pulling cable with my back and shoulders while my feet were hooked into the pole on my climbers. I know you know this but...rehab is SO important to getting back to what you want to do. Afterwards no more weight lifting or show ski lifts for me. But I still foot and slalom like always. Had to give up the jump and kites as well. But I was still able to do a very physical job and ski hard. My thoughts and prayers will be with ya. I am glad you are back on here as we missed ya for a few days.

Mojo, Paul, Magicman, Steve: You guys are gettin close to such an awesome time! You all get lots of "props" for all you guys have done.

Sorry this got so lond guys.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 8:12pm
Been away for a few days....my father in law died suddenly of a massive heart attack...54 years old...quite the shock.

Brian: Glad to see you're back and still planning on making the trip.

We're looking forward to it more than before, because it will be a HUGE stress relief. The day is finally approaching. Can't wait to meet everyone.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 11:10pm
Jbear,
My bike is nothing cool like yours. I have an old Honda 1978 CX500--I got it, and this the story I I told my wife, because it is great on gas, which it is. Anyway, I commute on it three or four days a week. It's a fun old bike, and yes, we will somehow figure out how to get together some day.

Rleinen, so sorry for the loss your family has sustained. I hope your family has a lot of support, my thoughts and prayers definitely go out to you as I know so many others here will.

Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 11:25pm
Chuck: They are all cool. I started with a '78 Honda 350. Told mrsjbear I was just "keeping" it for a guy for awhile. Felt bad about that fib for a long while. It took me a few years to work my way up to my present ride.

Maybe me and you will be the only "new" guys at Green Lake next year. Or maybe your family might need a little warm R&R next winter. Our place is always open to all C/C fans who need to get away from winter. Motorcycles here year-round and no winterizing here!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 11:26pm
Rob,
Sorry to hear about your father in law....

BUT So glad to hear your still planning on the GL trip! Look forward to meeting you...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2006 at 9:12am
Bump, a week and a half to go.

Dave, I never emailed you but I will be bringing a set of the bean bag game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2021222324 26>
  Share Topic