Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine swap?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Thisoldboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisoldboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine swap?
    Posted: July-04-2014 at 10:06am
I have a 76 Ski Nautique with a cracked block (351 PCM). A friend has given me a 92 American skier with an Indmar motor, that I know is a ford engine ( not sure of the size), but presumed 351. Is it possible to remove exhaust manifolds, pulleys, wiring harness, etc., and drop the Indmar in place of the PCM?
Thanks for any suggestions or comments in advance.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2014 at 10:48am
Check to see if it is a lefty before getting too far into the project.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2014 at 7:19pm
That Indmar will definitely be a LH rotation. That would not work so well in your hull. You could tear it apart and put all your internals back into that block though.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Thisoldboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisoldboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2014 at 8:19pm
I knew it was sounding too easy. I brought the boat home today and the motor looks great and actually turned over,and fired.
MustangMadness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2014 at 10:01am
Can't you just put your old camshaft in the new block? Depending on them being both 351's of course.
I like a 6' beam on a small lake... My Muscleboat
1975 Mustang 225 307RH
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2014 at 10:41am
Originally posted by MustangMadness MustangMadness wrote:

Can't you just put your old camshaft in the new block? Depending on them being both 351's of course.

You change out all the internals from the old block to the new one. Not just the cam.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic