Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Throttle cable snapped, how to identify

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
CanvasVapor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanvasVapor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throttle cable snapped, how to identify
    Posted: May-29-2022 at 8:44pm
Had two great days on the water, and as in maneuvering around the dock I lose throttle. Can shift in and out of gear, but only at idle. No amount of throttle at the helm did anything. Pulled open the engine box, disconnected cable from the carb, and pulled out the inner cable two feet before I pushed it back in and closed everything up for the evening. Tomorrow boating is cancelled, but at least we'll play on the lake.

So, it's an '87 Martinique. I'm not sure which control is on it, MV2? Any suggestions on how I identify what I need to order?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2022 at 5:32am
Here's a link to a video by skiboatpartsonline on identifying/measuring steering cables and shift/throttle cables.

Shift and throttle cables start at about the 10 minute mark

and since it was their video, here's a link to their website page with the right cables, just pick the right length

and get some cable ends too.Wink

Lots of places have the cables and ends

CanvasVapor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanvasVapor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2022 at 9:00am
Hi KENO, as always, many sincere thanks for your quick and helpful reply. Clap

Cable snapped at the control end. 

17 feet (204 inches) for an '87 Martinique throttle cable. 
MORSE D32377-003-0204 0, with spec sheet

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic