NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1989 Barefoof Nautique Hull Decals

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1989 Barefoof Nautique Hull Decals
    Posted: May-16-2007 at 10:49am
i am in desperate need of 1989 barefoot nautique decals for the hull of my original 140 hours boat.

my decals have the feet to replace the O's and are checkerboard from top to bottom.

anyone who has a set or knows of a set please contact me.

thank you
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 11:35am
Michael, I just did a quick search (above) and found there are several threads on it that may help you.

barefoot decals

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 4:06pm
i didnt see anything about the 89 decals
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 4:40pm
Call White Lake. They got me decals for my '90 Ski Nautique a year ago. They had to be ordered through the factory- not sure if the BFN decals would be any different.
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 5:09pm
i called white lake with no luck. the factory doesnt make them anymore.
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 5:16pm
man i would really love to put the original decals back on my boat.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 5:43pm
Michael, When you read the previous threads did you see the discussion about having them duplicated by a vinyl shop that does truck graphics? Since you can't get them anymore, this may be your only option.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 5:48pm
man im hoping someone has a set around this country.

i appreciate the effort pete
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 6:57pm
look at my poor boat.....its naked

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2007 at 5:33am
michael, If you are having problems with uploading pictures, try using photobucket.com There are some instructions on how to use it I believe in the off topic section. Whatever software is used on the site is what this site likes!

Since you have stated that your boat is now naked, I take it you have removed the graphics. This complicates you having a sign shop make duplicates because they use a tracing of the old to scan into the computer and then fill in all the colors and shading. Now you need another boat to trace. The artwork can be created but this is very time consuming (expensive) and difficult to match the original.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2007 at 12:14pm
Michael, I see that you were able to post the picture. The boat looks pretty clean.

OK, now you need to find another BFN so you can trace the lettering and take it, as well as, pictures (from our ref section?) to a sign shop.

When done, they should give you the graphics file which would make a wonderfull addition to this sites ref section. Hint! Hint!

Keep us informed.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2007 at 7:52pm
this boat has never been left in the water over night !
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2007 at 10:52am
to all who are interested, i found a set of 89 barefoot decals.

the set i found was a red set, so im having them scanned and reproduced.

i also posted this at planet nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2007 at 11:54am
Michael, That's great! It will make it very easy for your sign guy to reproduce them. Don't forget that the image file would make a great contribution to the ref section here.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2007 at 6:53pm
i officially have a set of 89 barefoot hull decals in my hand.

i will get the job done and repo them !!
barefoot86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barefoot86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2007 at 12:01am
post up. I need some as well.
89BFN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2007 at 12:52pm
Where did you find the decals for the 89 BFN? Looking for same for mine.
Thanks,
Kirk
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 9:54am
i probably have the only set around and i am getting them scanned right now. i will post back when they are done. i will also post back a price when i find out how much it is.
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2007 at 10:35pm
does anyone know of a good person to reproduce these decals ????

this is the problem, the decals are supppose to be white and no one prints the color white that i can find. also the decals i have are red fade. they need to be changed to white.

if some one who has an original 89 barefoot with the white fade, i would like to get some detailed photos up close.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barefoot86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2007 at 10:27am
I have had the same problem. I have not found anyone who has been able to do the fade either. I believe that you will get more response if you move this to the general discussion or boat maint section. I was going to take them to fast signs and get them done in light gray with blue accents. Any luck with vector files yet?
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2007 at 10:35am
whats a vector file ?

kinkos has a roll scanner and im bringing it over to them tonight to get a tiff image.

i really need a photo of the decal up close. i need the all white decal.

Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2007 at 10:42am
what file should i scan it in as or what file should i scan it so i can convert it to ??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2007 at 11:13am
Micheal, I feel you should look for the printer of the vinyl first. They may want to scan the graphics themselves because they will do it or convert it to the program file they need for their printing equipment.

Have you been looking for printers that do large vinyl graphics for say truck trailers?

A vector file is one where all the points are plotted with a mathamatical relationship to one another. This allows the graphics to be enlarged or reduced without loosing any detail.

Where are you?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2007 at 4:31pm
im in western mass

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barefoot86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 5:17pm
swiper,

I have a friend that can have your tiff file converted to an EPS file. He works for a company that makes embroidery equipment, so he will not be able to have it printed. It would save you some set up cost when you find someone to print it as well as allow it to be posted for others. You are the first person that I know has been able to find any of these in any color.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Swiper Swiper wrote:

im in western mass

Keep looking for someone in you area that can print the vinyl. Find someone first before you scan to create any files. I feel you are better off with the printer doing the work. If you supply the file and there is something wrong, it will be your problem and not theirs!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 8:04pm
the main problem is printing the color white. the decal is clear and the fade is white as well as the outline. the third color is grey that gives the 3d affect.
JAG459 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 8:32pm
Check out Vinyl Graphics at www.vinylgraphics .
I just had the main hull 3D graphics and several smaller graphics done for my 90 Sport Nautique. They managed to reproduce the graphics from measurements and some photos I provided them. The final product came out perfect and looks exactly like the originals and in some aspects better. And, they cost me far less the then same graphics I had purchased from CC 7 years ago. Send your specs to Ryan at ryan@vglargeformat.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barefoot86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 8:46pm
i have sent some pics and files over to these guys to quote. i will let you know what i hear.

http://www.skinzwraps.com/vinyl-boat-graphics.html
Swiper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by JAG459 JAG459 wrote:

Check out Vinyl Graphics at www.vinylgraphics .
I just had the main hull 3D graphics and several smaller graphics done for my 90 Sport Nautique. They managed to reproduce the graphics from measurements and some photos I provided them. The final product came out perfect and looks exactly like the originals and in some aspects better. And, they cost me far less the then same graphics I had purchased from CC 7 years ago. Send your specs to Ryan at ryan@vglargeformat.com

the only problem with that is it is printed on white paper with black accent. my decal is a fade affect from top to bottom.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic