Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Historic Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2009 at 12:26pm
Eric- do you or your brother attend the car auctions like Grove City. What's happening there?
70 Mustang project
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2009 at 12:20pm
The IRS attacks me for meager pennies, alot of these guy's are still walking around as if nothing happened. it kills me that they can moniter me with a microscope but cant keep an eye on what happened, they all had thier hands out covering eachothers asses. are these guy's exempt from personal audits? unless its cash, its traceable
"the things you own will start to own you"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2009 at 12:20pm
Government here decided to inject more money for the banks in trouble.
Budget for 2009 is already predicted with a deficit of 3% for 2009 and even 4,3% in 2010...
I'm just wondering where they're gonna get all that money... (Out of our pockets of course!)
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2009 at 10:38am
The bank that has the £20 billion loss £7 billion on sub prime and £400 million with Madeoff (great name) some guys have made allot of money out of this mess,for us to pick up the bill.
Still have five more big banks to come clean on there loss yet.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2009 at 10:16am
another great day at the stock market
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2009 at 10:00am
Here's some interesting historic facts:

Hearing to Investigate Fannie and Freddi's Illegal book keeping practices from late 2004

I believe 8:37 well spent.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 11:04pm
I bet by the time this is done and said, the price tag will be in the trillions, those 5 year arms havnt kicked in yet, the housing market is flooded along with the auto market and they are NOT writing loans, my friend is 4 months behind on his car payment and he said come get the car, they told him we arent in the used car business, can you maybe make a 200 payment? the banks are overwhelmed with foreclosures from the west to the east and its starting to de-value the dollar and throw you into negative equity, your better off renting
the flood of unemployed will start flowing into the system draining thier life savings, exhausting thier unemployment benefits, use to making 80k a year with no education, and will flow out into the work pool, opening landscape companies, remodeling companies, boat repair companies which now there is more competiton driving the prices down even further
I could go on and on, if you want to use the light at the end of the tunnel as an example......im not even going to go there, because we are at the bottem of Mount Everest looking up. I hate to be so negative, its hard not to be
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 10:46pm
Im sitting here talking to my wife and trying to remember some of the other crazy crap they were doing, some people had 4 Mortagages on thier houses, everyone had thier hands out, the interest rates were unbelievable. if I remember correctly the title company she was working for had about 350 employees, they threw big parties at 5 star hotels and to the likes..then all of a sudden they started laying off in a hurry and my wife got laid off and went over to the law firm down the street that handled foreclosures and that started to boom....what a cycle
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Eric, 2000 to 2006 were the best economic times in my life time. 07 & 08 have been similar to 94 to 98 which were terrible.

For our family,these years were the worst,after the dot com collapse,my wife's company was done,she was able to retire and get her pension,but can't come close to the money she made.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

Obama; I wish him the best IF we get out of this mess he's the man, if not - Look at history free countries last 200 years or so on average. We have had a good run.
Sub-prime = preditory banking. Spin it, shake it, turn it up-sidedown. NONE of this would have happend if the lender was required to hold the morgage for 5 years.
AND don't get me started on Visa/Master card.
CRAP - I sound like Eric, hell that's not so bad!
Spin it, shake it, turn it up-sidedown. NONE of this would have happend if the lender was required to hold the morgage for 5 years.
That's it in anut shell, they were lending other people's money. Until recently, we always had a target to hit and if we didn;t hit it, there was disbelief, "how can this be?". But for home equities, (their money). Never a target or a question.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 9:45pm
Obama; I wish him the best IF we get out of this mess he's the man, if not - Look at history free countries last 200 years or so on average. We have had a good run.
Sub-prime = preditory banking. Spin it, shake it, turn it up-sidedown. NONE of this would have happend if the lender was required to hold the morgage for 5 years.
AND don't get me started on Visa/Master card.
CRAP - I sound like Eric, hell that's not so bad!
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I personally don't think sub prime loans is a libral versus conservative thing.
I'd say liberal. Give 'em whatever'll buy you votes; even if they're uneqipped with the sense to know any better. The dems opened up the whole sub prime thing. The predatory practices developed later.
Tate
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 8:17pm
Riley thats cause they were writing all them good loans and kept the appraisors busy, good times for the brokers.
one from the memory on an Ameriquest was the people of certain ethnic background, they made 45k and were approved for 350k house, thats one i remember, and there were a ton more in the stacks of approved loans that the wife brought home,
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Rglover Rglover wrote:

Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

CHANGE is HERE!
Better hold on to your wallets boy's!

and your guns!

and your SUV's

👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 6:32pm
Larry, apparently the sub prime loans did start this mess. I did not believe that there were actually enough sub prime loans out there to cause the problems they were talking about and I thought the media was overstating it all.

I personally don't think sub prime loans is a libral versus conservative thing. They were a product that someone came up with which made tons of money. The fees, terms, interest rates that they charged was akin to loan sharking so that everyone from the loan originator to the investors were making money hand over fist, (well not the final investor, he got stuck). I never had a regular appraisal client that I know of that did sub prime loans, but you could always tell a sub prime lender that you never heard of that called for an appraisal. If a regular borrower borrows a $100k, the mortgage company makes a couple grand. With subprimes they were making 10k or even more. They had the borrowers over a barrel so they would sign anything. They were making so much money on each loan that they were highly motivated to see that every loan went through.

I did do review appraisals for 2 big sub prime lenders that went under and they seemed cautious to me.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 5:01pm
And Bruce, you being in the real estate field, perhaps you can confirm (or refute) my understanding that the severe downturn had it roots in the real estate lending arena due to zillions of sub prime loans that should never have been granted but were under pressure from liberal policies from liberal legislators like Dodd and Frank. Is there any truth to that?
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 5:00pm
UK, the feeling that reigns in your country is the same across the Canal...
No matter which way you look at it, it is a historic day.
The average intelligent guy in me knows that he won't live up to all his promises, but I'll take a little part of them as a good thing...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 4:50pm
Eric, 2000 to 2006 were the best economic times in my life time. 07 & 08 have been similar to 94 to 98 which were terrible.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 4:32pm
Ive been holding onto my wallet for 8 years,how could this guy screw it up any worse?
has anyone noticed that the last 8 were'nt so great, good times ahead, lol
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 2:26pm
Upon this historic day in this wonderful country of ours;
I can't seem to get this thought out of my head but........................................................

Is Obama gonna score tonight???
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Rglover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

CHANGE is HERE!

and your guns!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 11:09am
CHANGE is HERE!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 11:06am

All the best from the UK on your day,he has a lot to do and only time will tell,the feeling we get its bringing people together for the good of the US so a great start, and with this hope the rest of the world will gain too.

We had a second bailout yesterday for our banks one has posted a loss of around £20 billion a new record over here and the taxpayer is giving £600 billion or more to the banks,something has to change
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic